Forum changes

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Windeos
Warrior Chief

Re: Forum changes

Post by Windeos »

fermain wrote:
Windeos wrote:I use Tapatalk to be able to use these forums on the go on my phone but since the upgrade it hasn't worked. Will these forums be tapatalk enabled again or is it being reintroduced
see above
Apologises, didn't see the post earlier in this thread, if I did I obviously wouldn't of asked again so thanks
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Latest version of Tapatalk enabled.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Tested on Android

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

fermain wrote:Tested on Android

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Absolute hero, nothing more worth saying

Layout is a little weird, plus some of the photos along the top will give you a sore head very easily

But remember to SUFTUM
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

i'm very much a creature of habit and hate change and dont like this new set up at all but dont worry i havent gone away u no.
It's the bloody same on Facebook but i havent done the timeline thing.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Have we signed Timoci Nagusa? He's at the top of my screen high fiving Andrew Trimble!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Yes. He said France was pants. Not nearly enough drizzle.............
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:i'm very much a creature of habit and hate change and dont like this new set up at all but dont worry i havent gone away u no.
It's the bloody same on Facebook but i havent done the timeline thing.
Ah now Michael. I'm sure you'll like the new Gallery and the opportunities it affords us. I have uploaded a nice pic there just for you.

>TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

looks pretty smart! will the old stuff be gone for ever??? Is it impossible to link it to the back of the 'new' forum? I'm just an old nostalgic I suppose - not in fairness that I ever trawl back through the old stuff.

My main problem with the new one is that in my browser (firefox, but it seems to be the same on internet explorer) is that the forum is kind of really squeezed into the middle of the page - maybe 2/3 of the width that the old one. Is it possible to stretch it out?

:salut: thanks for all the unseen work though chaps - you remind me of nobody more than Donncha O'Callaghan! :lol:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

darkside lightside wrote:looks pretty smart! will the old stuff be gone for ever??? Is it impossible to link it to the back of the 'new' forum? I'm just an old nostalgic I suppose - not in fairness that I ever trawl back through the old stuff.
:oops: whoops i was talking out of my hoop... I had thought that we had lost all the historic threads, but it seems not, so apologies :D
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

So, in the old forum, I used to be able to hit a link which displayed all the threads which had new posts since I last viewed it. I don't seem to be able to do that any more. When I hit "View new posts" on the forums page, I only see one thread in there, and it has no new posts.

Am I missing something?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

OneMore wrote:So, in the old forum, I used to be able to hit a link which displayed all the threads which had new posts since I last viewed it. I don't seem to be able to do that any more. When I hit "View new posts" on the forums page, I only see one thread in there, and it has no new posts.

Am I missing something?
Nope it's the summer recess and there probably only was one new post since you last visited, I think :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Just use active topics if you prefer to see a longer list and include threads not updated since your last visit
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

implemented forum rating... stars at the top of posts and also posting without approval on the news page.