Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Post by pip14 »

Can't believe there's no devoted thread to this yet, but anyway 7 days today, at this time, I'll be in a pub outside Twickenham :drunken: still believing Im in a day dream that we're in the final (Who would have believed that 4 years ago!)

Anyway, looks like we are going to have our best team possible next week and let's hope Leinster have all their players fit and ready.

Although its 7 days away according to the London weather it's going to be, sunny intervals, 19 degrees, no rain, so perfect for running rugby and should be a cracking game.

Anyone else that can't wait? :wink:
SUFTUM
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Post by breakdown »

can't wait, hope the fans going to twickers all enjoy yourselves!

Hmm, running rugby may not be good, I would rather it rained all day, because I'd say our pack is better than theirs so we could play very Munster like rugby (in their prime) instead of running rugby where Kearney, Nacewa and McFadden will counter attack all day and potentially tear our defence apart
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

breakdown wrote:Hmm, running rugby may not be good, I would rather it rained all day, because I'd say our pack is better than theirs so we could play very Munster like rugby (in their prime) instead of running rugby where Kearney, Nacewa and McFadden will counter attack all day and potentially tear our defence apart

True that, however I don't want to be standing in the rain all day, and the occasion is always so much better when it's sunny! :D

Just found this on rugby rebels....
Tad Cringeworthy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64dk03LFmEk
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

London 7s at twickenham today and the sun is splitting the trees, as it usually is for said event. If the weather next week is like today there will be a lot of lobstered ulstermen come kick off time :drunken: :lol:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

pip14 wrote:
breakdown wrote:Hmm, running rugby may not be good, I would rather it rained all day, because I'd say our pack is better than theirs so we could play very Munster like rugby (in their prime) instead of running rugby where Kearney, Nacewa and McFadden will counter attack all day and potentially tear our defence apart

True that, however I don't want to be standing in the rain all day, and the occasion is always so much better when it's sunny! :D

Just found this on rugby rebels....
Tad Cringeworthy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64dk03LFmEk
Maybe someone read our new song thread :lol:

Wonder what Twickers would sound like if all the Ulster fans sang it....
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
WJ McBride
Novice

Post by WJ McBride »

Admire the sentiment...but lamntable effort!
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

Just caught the promo video on sky after the Quins game.. safe to say i may not sleep for the next 7 days. :lol:
Mummer
Novice

Post by Mummer »

Good quote from Conor O'Shea after the Harlequins win today. Hopefully this also applies to Ulster:

Harlequins however had the edge on the scrum all day and when O’Shea felt the tide eventually turned when Northampton withdrew their front row.
“When they took off their front row, we felt that if we got any sort of field position that their 'man-strength’ was out of their team,” added O’Shea. “In the last 10 minutes we suddenly started to play the way that we can and for the players and supporters I am incredibly proud of what they have done.
My dad won a lot of All-Irelands (Gaelic Football finals) for Kerry and he always told me 'good semi-finalists never make good finalists’. We weren’t good today so hopefully we will make good finalists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... eport.html
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pip14 wrote:Can't believe there's no devoted thread to this yet, but anyway 7 days today, at this time, I'll be in a pub outside Twickenham :drunken: still believing Im in a day dream that we're in the final (Who would have believed that 4 years ago!)
Who would even have believed it 6-7 months ago?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:It wasn't until I saw we had Munster away and then a home semi that I really thought we were in with a big shout.
The first time I thought it was POSSIBLE was when drawn away to Munster, but I really only believed it when we WON at Thomond and I booked my flights then before the semi.

I know we are second favourites for the final, but I have a good feeling about this one....... same one as I had before the quarters.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Don't know if its been posted elsewhere:

Ref: Nigel Owens
Assts: Poite & Garces

Would have quite liked Poite but Nigel is a decent ref, no complaints.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

Just watching the Rabo Semi Final combination of radio 5live sports extra and BBC Alba looks like D'arcy could be out of the final was just taken off after being ko'd by a stray Brad Thorn knee
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Just watching the pro 12 semi, Leinsters weakness must be the set play, you have to fancy our tight five to have the beating if theirs. If we can dominate the scrum, then it's game on!!

This is not an invincible Leinster side, however their wide play is impressive. We can not let them get a lead, or there is a genuine risk they could romp away with it.

Tense week ahead...
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

utilityback wrote:Just watching the Rabo Semi Final combination of radio 5live sports extra and BBC Alba looks like D'arcy could be out of the final was just taken off after being ko'd by a stray Brad Thorn knee
Try S4C, there's a red button option for English commentary
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

utilityback wrote:Just watching the Rabo Semi Final combination of radio 5live sports extra and BBC Alba looks like D'arcy could be out of the final was just taken off after being ko'd by a stray Brad Thorn knee
If he was ko'd he has to be out?

Mandatory 3 weeks for concussion is it not?