Chris Henry

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

daveysemtex
Novice

Chris Henry

Post by daveysemtex »

Massive for us, does anyone know if he'll be fit for the final?
oneshot7
Novice

Re: Chris Henry

Post by oneshot7 »

No official line out of Ulster, but this photo would suggest it is promising.

If he was back running on it through the week he has every chance of being fit for next weekend :cheers:
Attachments
531240_306436596102113_126216190790822_741222_695202716_n.jpg
531240_306436596102113_126216190790822_741222_695202716_n.jpg (119.96 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
daveysemtex
Novice

Post by daveysemtex »

Could make a massive difference. Surely a no.8 who gets ripped by laidlaw needs some help! (god forgive me)
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

daveysemtex wrote:Could make a massive difference. Surely a no.8 who gets ripped by laidlaw needs some help! (god forgive me)
Not even god can forgive you if you should you say anything over than praise for our Pedrie, Anything other than lavishing praise is unacceptable and will not endear you to many about here at the minute :duck:

Aside from this, true, we need Henry; it was there for all to see how much we missed him in Dublin, he has become our most consistent and dare i say it (given he plays more than 1F) the most valuable backrow player we have! Will be great to have him back in London, if we don't it will seriously, seriously hamper our chances & given Willie is away to the westies and birch is a (relatively) unknown and unproven resource, proves we need to strengthen our flanks before next season, we have enough depth at 8 but should Henry be away with Ireland, we need someone who can come in and fill the massive void he will leave, to a better extent than we were able to do in Dublin.
Ulsterscall
Novice

Post by Ulsterscall »

Speaking at a charity dinner last night Brian McLaughlin seemed pretty confident Chris would be taking contact on Monday, a full session on Thursday and available for the weekend.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

i always assumed He would be playing. His contribution is massive and along with Tom Court is the final piece of the jigsaw to better Leinster in the pack, starve them of possession and frustrate them. Roll on Twickenham - play tight and compact lads and we will win :cheers:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

namron wrote:i always assumed He would be playing. His contribution is massive and along with Tom Court is the final piece of the jigsaw to better Leinster in the pack, starve them of possession and frustrate them. Roll on Twickenham - play tight and compact lads and we will win :cheers:
That would be my game plan as well namron, keep it tight and let Ruan work his magic with the boot from their half when he gets a chance, boring rugby for some but who cares as cup finals are all about a win and 1 point will win a cup.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The Beeb's report from the awards last night said that he was fit.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Here's the thing. He may be fit, but he hasn't played for a month. John Afoa hasn't played for6 weeks. This is not good.....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Here's the thing. He may be fit, but he hasn't played for a month. John Afoa hasn't played for6 weeks. This is not good.....
Yes Snipe, you are spot on but still its better than the alternative.............Willie again??????????????? :shock: I hope his western sojourn recovers some of what he looked to be about a couple of years back.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:Here's the thing. He may be fit, but he hasn't played for a month. John Afoa hasn't played for6 weeks. This is not good.....
I don't think it will make any difference to John, ifn fact he will have a lot of bottled up frustration to take out on someone so I wouldn't want to be the first back to try and tackle him if he gets past the forwards, Chris is a bit more of a worry though this will be the biggest day of his career so far and I very much doubt a wee bit of pain in an ankle will be high up on his mind, verdict is Reddan will wonder what hit him at the first scrum :red:
Rory Best
thegreenlantern
Novice

Post by thegreenlantern »

feck, do ye think they've forgotten how to play :lol:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

great news. chris is the best 7 in Ireland and if he played vs Edinburgh, I think we would have had an easier win. Agree with the comments that he is our most consistent back rower
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Chris Henry

Post by shamalicious »

I don't think we need to worry about Chris and John not having much game time. Both will be chomping at the bit and I can't see them being too rusty.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten