Leinster 2011-12

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster 2011-12

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:good win for the ladyboys. probably a good result for us. When their internationals return leinster will run away with it. We want the welsh sides to get hammered as often as possible..
I would have thought a Scarlets win would have been better for us :?
That was possibly even more dour than the Kerdiff/ Turnip match yesterday :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Theres nothing like watching good attacking rugby.....yes and that was nothing like it!

Had Scarlets to win this one and can't believe the lack of urgency throughout the game! Makes you appreciate the quality of a night at ravers!!

C'Mon ULSTER!!! :red: :red: :red:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Exactly Sparky and there are people who knock Ulster's performance because they don't get Bonus points but at least we have been scoring tries and some very exciting ones in every game.
let's hope it continues to morrow.
I must agree that it is disappointment that Humph is missing but it is also an opporrtunity for Jackson and Marshall to establish them selves as serious contenders.
if Paddy Jackson shows the commitment that his Uncle Stanley did for Ulster he will do me.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

1960's oul han. :wink:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

Thought Caldwell had a reasonable game in all the cirumstances, but agree - SCARY
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

you'd imagine they'll rest most of their team after 2 HC games. Although with a nice long week off, they might be better off resting them V connacht?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

The'll play their first XV against us , the 2nd XV against the westies and pick up somewhere between 8 and 10 points - sadly :(
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

it's a nice time to be a Leinster fan. Success brings success and we move into our new HQ and training facility post New Year's Day. Home QF draw in sight (means a big pay day for the Leinster branch) and Fitzy and others coming into form.
They are playing rugby that is a joy to watch.
I hope it feeds into the national team.
For Ulster, it will be a good test even though Schmidt will rest some players.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Red Hand Hero wrote:I'd hazzard something like:

15-D'Arcy, 14-Gaston, 13-Terblanche, 12-Whitten, 11-Nelson, 10-Humph, 9-Marshall, 8-Diack, 7-Faloon, 6-McComish, 5-Barker, 4-Stevenson, 3-Macklin, 2-Brady, 1-Paddy Mac

Kyri, Black, Afoa/Cronin, McComb, Henry/Birch, Pienaar, Gilroy, Farrell
To be honest I would not put Farrell or even Gaston ahead of Cochrane on form at the moment and Nelson is not a winger. I'm guessing Mr Malone will be giving MCL some reports from the weekend and players will be picked on that basis. Apart from that the pack seems pretty spot on but anybody could be picked.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The Leinster squad completed their first on-field pitch session in UCD this morning ahead of the St. Stephen's Day RaboDirect PRO12 derby clash with Ulster.

Cian Healy (neck) and Shane Jennings (forearm) picked up knocks during Leinster's Heineken Cup victory over Bath last Saturday and both players are set to be further monitored during the week.
At this point neither player has been ruled out of contention and it is hoped that the Ireland international duo will be available for selection.

Steven Sykes returns to the panel this week while the management may opt to make changes for the visit of Ulster on Monday, with a number of players who have featured for the province's 'A' side in the British & Irish Cup in recent weeks in the selection mix.

This weekend's league game will come too soon for back rower Dominic Ryan (ankle), who has stepped up his rehabilitation and is set to return to action in January.

Scrum half Eoin Reddan scored his first try in Leinster colours last weekend, while Richardt Strauss' next appearance will be his 50th for the province.

Ian Madigan scored his fifth try in 11 games so far this season and following his 20-point haul last Saturday night, Jonathan Sexton is now just 11 points shy of reaching the 700-point mark for Leinster (in 83 appearances).

There are less than 500 tickets remaining for Monday's interprovincial derby. Tickets are on sale now from www.leinsterrugby.ie, the Leinster Rugby Store (Donnybrook), Spar (Donnybrook) and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

See that McComish picked up a knock for the Ravens so he must be doubtful as well. Running out of back row players.
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fair play to Leinster, home Q-F only Munster or Ulster with highly unlikely away TBP wins can stop them from being top seed.

4 tries & win Munster will be ahead on match points
4 tries & win Ulster will be ahead of them on try count 20-18. Not holding my breath just yet. :wink:

Congratulations Dubliners. :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

World Cup winning former All Blacks second row Brad Thorn could well be coming to this part of the world to join Leinster for the rest of the rugby season.

Thorn, who retired from international rugby after a phenomenal Rugby World Cup tournament in the autumn, is currently contracted to Japanese side Fukoaka Sanix Blues.

And according to Brendan Fanning, Sunday Independent rugby writer and general rugby savant, the soon-to-be-37-year-old has been lined up to join Joe Schmidt’s squad on a short-term contract until the end of the Heineken Cup and RaboDirect PRO 12 seasons in May.

The Japanese rugby season comes to an end next week – be honest, you didn’t know that, did you? – and instead of putting the feet up Thorn could be taking a flight to Dublin Airport for a four-month working holiday in Ireland.

With an Achilles injury to captain Leo Cullen and the door still swinging behind departed South African Steven Sykes, Leinster are short of cover in the second row, where Damien Browne and Devin Toner are currently the only options.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Rooster wrote:
World Cup winning former All Blacks second row Brad Thorn could well be coming to this part of the world to join Leinster for the rest of the rugby season.

Thorn, who retired from international rugby after a phenomenal Rugby World Cup tournament in the autumn, is currently contracted to Japanese side Fukoaka Sanix Blues.

And according to Brendan Fanning, Sunday Independent rugby writer and general rugby savant, the soon-to-be-37-year-old has been lined up to join Joe Schmidt’s squad on a short-term contract until the end of the Heineken Cup and RaboDirect PRO 12 seasons in May.

The Japanese rugby season comes to an end next week – be honest, you didn’t know that, did you? – and instead of putting the feet up Thorn could be taking a flight to Dublin Airport for a four-month working holiday in Ireland.

With an Achilles injury to captain Leo Cullen and the door still swinging behind departed South African Steven Sykes, Leinster are short of cover in the second row, where Damien Browne and Devin Toner are currently the only options.

Good piece of business on their behalf.

37yr old..........short term injury contract........sound fimiliar :scratch:
I wonder will Leinster be subjected to the same vitriolic bile from certain
quarters in the print media as we had to put up with with the arrival of ST.

Wouldn't swap though, our man has certainly done the business thus far :red:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Thorn confirmed on a 3-month deal.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9604.php