Japan Test

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Japan Test

Post by mid ulster maestro »

The gods conspired against me yesterday in my vain attempt to tape the first test against Japan. Had to settle for the hours highlights on RTE at 6:30. For those of you who missed it, it was a sound victory for the men in green with the three trys being scored by Ulster players, Bowe, Maggs and Best. Kieran Fitzgerald, co commentator with Ryled Nugent, Was seriously complimentary to Matt McCullough and Roger Wilson. He believes that these two have long international careers ahead of them. I was also glad to see Kieran Campbell get a run out in the second half but with only five minutes of highlights remaining I don't know how well he played. Must get the veedyo sorted for next week. MUM
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Not only was Nugent complimentary of Rodger and Matt but Hooke was as well, though more twoards Rodger. Kieran only got on for 10, nothing changes when Eddie is away, and seemed solid but never got a chance to really get going or make a good break. The Japanese used all their players most changing early in second half, I would have thought we should have done same, how else can we see how new players work :? uncle Reggie even came on to replace Simon just after he scored , why was Reggie even there? Jackman only came on for Sheahan around same time as Campbell.
Sound win but by no means what it should have been, if this had been some of the big countrys we would have gone down big time, to many handling errors.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Duffy impressed at OC, would certainly have Him, Murphy and Horgan as my first choice back three. I think McCullough's future lies at six, thought him and the polar bear did well though both superb leaders.
Magical O' Driscoll

Post by Magical O' Driscoll »

It's good to see more Ulster players on the Irish team. I think that the coaches should stay their instead of EOS.
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

Dito Magic! But can't see that happening in a big hurry. And I suppose you have to consider it is japan!
Magical O' Driscoll

Post by Magical O' Driscoll »

Yes. EOS will probably pick the usual Munster Leinster team when he gets back