President

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

blandy
Novice

Re: President

Post by blandy »

As one of the senior people involved in planning and organising a 30 terror campaign McGuinness is vastly more responsible than individual policemen etc . Yes there were civil rights issues but as shown by america the way to resolve them is not through terror. How were catholic civil rights advanced by forcing an innocent catholic (who had a job within the supposedly anti-catholic establishment) to act as a suicide bomber?

Fundamental civil rights legislation was brought in with direct rule, thereafter genuine engagement between catholics and the estabishment would have happened so much morely without the provo terror campaign doing its dirty work of driving communities apart.
blandy
Novice

Post by blandy »

... more quickly...
irishfan
Novice

Post by irishfan »

Yes and I suppose I imagined the 100,000 people against the peace deals at City Hall lead by Unionist MPs of all parties? Let's not make out Martin and the IRA are to blame for the Troubles on their own. Holy Cross anyone?
theCloudSpotter
Initiate

Post by theCloudSpotter »

irishfan wrote:Yes and I suppose I imagined the 100,000 people against the peace deals at City Hall lead by Unionist MPs of all parties? Let's not make out Martin and the IRA are to blame for the Troubles on their own. Holy Cross anyone?
Your debating tactic is very much in the same style as the provisionals terrorist campaign. Hit and run. Why don't you try and stick to the points you instigated and argue them out when someone responds rather than running off in all directions?

See above in case you've forgotten what's in your last post :roll:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT
Did it take you to now to work that out ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Folks, I was hoping my nice, sane and civilised thread wouldn't go down this route. I'd hoped we could discuss Marty's running for President without recourse to the old blame game and the old "yeah but they are worse than them"

We all have opinions on what we see as right or wrong. I just don't see any benefit or future in raking up the dirt of the past. There's just too much hurt there for most people regardless of community or outlook. I like to try to look forward although that does not mean I ignore the past of course. Maybe some people think it is easy for me to say this but what I would say is that I try to apply this thinking to everything and we all have our problems to overcome or learn to deal with.

One thing is for certain anyway. The establishment are feeling threatened and they are now turning to David Norris to save the day. A man who very recently had doors closed in his face because of his views, most of which were exaggerated by the filth media, on sexual matters is now being welcomed back into the fold.

I would imagine if Norris does get his name on the ballot sheet it will spell the end of Marty's hopes for election. This will be because Norris is, I think, far more transfer friendly.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Interesting article from Irish Justice Minister Alan Shatter on Marty ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15034759
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT
Did it take you to now to work that out ?
Nope, I was just concerned others hadn't. :D :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Interesting article from Irish Justice Minister Alan Shatter on Marty ....

Mr Shatter, whose Fine Gael party colleague Gay Mitchell is also a candidate, said most people were aware of Mr MGuinness' "exotic background".
And Mitchell has a bit of a background as well, in fact most of them have :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Interesting article from Irish Justice Minister Alan Shatter on Marty ....

Shatter is quite entitled to his opinions as we all are but he has an agenda obviously given that Gay Mitchell is running in this thing.

Of course I also have an issue with him being Minster for Justice given his proclaimed support of the rogue state of Israel whose Government approve of, among other things, interception of vessels in international waters and the subsequent murder of those on board.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Most states are up to that sort of scurrilous behaviour, only most keep it quiet.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Most states are up to that sort of scurrilous behaviour, only most keep it quiet.
Indeed they are Snipe which is why I have only contempt for political leaders who refer to others as terrorists and murderers.

It is not that I have any regard for terrorists and murderers but just that I consider state approved and led murder to be no different to any other murder.

That being said I am not quite naive to think there are not folks out there who are a genuine threat. Nor am I naive enough not to think that plenty of "terrorists" are actually paid by those in powerful positions to carry out their work.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

irishfan wrote:Yes and I suppose I imagined the 100,000 people against the peace deals at City Hall lead by Unionist MPs of all parties? Let's not make out Martin and the IRA are to blame for the Troubles on their own. Holy Cross anyone?
This site has always been a place where Ulstermen and Ulsterwomen have chatted and had a bit of banter. Lately we've had a few more of our Munster and Leinster bretherin come in for the crack. It's not the place for this sectarian themuns were worse rubbish. Anymore and I hope the Mods remove you.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Jackie Brown wrote:
This site has always been a place where Ulstermen and Ulsterwomen have chatted and had a bit of banter. Lately we've had a few more of our Munster and Leinster bretherin come in for the crack. It's not the place for this sectarian themuns were worse rubbish. Anymore and I hope the Mods remove you.
Well said Jackie a clampit of the the highest order.Wanted to join the Orange/masonic alliance on another post- Complete Buffoon :duh:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup