President

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Re: President

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Well Jackie, it's got the lying devious fecker to the position of 2nd Minister :shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Well Jackie, it's got the lying devious fecker to the position of 2nd Minister :shock:
And first minister and ..... minister and so it goes on, in fact the whole darned lot of them are lying devious feckers :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Heard Martin pour scorn today on the "West Brits" of Dublin who would no doubt love to derail his campaign. Goes to show you can take the boy outta the corner but you cant take..... :mrgreen:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Topped a wee phone in poll on the radio today too.
You might be seeing Marty on the pitch at Lansdowne before too long.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

AyeYerMa wrote:Topped a wee phone in poll on the radio today too.
It is possible that apathy from other groups voters, plus the vast majority of them being a bunch of langers that Marty could scrape through though not sure how strong the SF vote is down there now.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

They're very anti banker & anti EU, pro "let's default & they can all sing for their loan money"

That's popular.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

namron wrote:Heard Martin pour scorn today on the "West Brits" of Dublin who would no doubt love to derail his campaign. Goes to show you can take the boy outta the corner but you cant take..... :mrgreen:
Ah those poor old West Brits get an awful time.

People are taking the old "Happy are the West Brits, for they shall inherit the Kingdom of Ireland" too seriously. :)

Funnily though most of this supposed group don't have what is readily available to Marty, British Citizenship. Ara shur tis fecking gas out biy.

That said I assume he is talking mostly about RTE and Sir Anto's lot and to be fair if that is the case I'd be in his corner.

The dirty Irish media have too much influence and they are mostly aligned with FF and FG.

Anyway poor old Conor Cruise O'Brien must be turning in his grave. He turned plenty of times when alive of course, the horrible c-nt. An enemy of freedom.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Certainly not, you can take the whole shower of them if you want.

He won't get in anyway sadly, still lying about how long he was in the IRA, including lying to the Saville Inquiry. And lying politicians will never get anywhere.......... :lol:

Thanks Jackie. We don't want them but it's nice offer. :)

He'll have to stop that lying. We don't like that kind of thing. He should look to Bertie Ahern for some help...The most honest man in Western Europe. Marty can then help him with figuring out if Cavan is in Éire or Nothern Ireland. For all Marty's faults at least the guy has a brain.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

AyeYerMa wrote:Topped a wee phone in poll on the radio today too.
One positive thing might be increased profile for the Irish Cricket team. Marty is well documented as a big cricket fan.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

LOl Shan take your point but the derogatory `Brit` remark does not win friends and influence a lot of folk in the north .I for one cant see any merit in `empathetic` politicos calling their opposing voters Fenians, Brits, Bluenoses or Taigs .Then again maybe Im a tad too sensitive for that business :oops:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

The Sinn Fein canvassers are already out in force, they have been seen at every graveyard in the 26 counties looking for more proxy votes....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote: It is possible that apathy from other groups voters, plus the vast majority of them being a bunch of langers that Marty could scrape through though not sure how strong the SF vote is down there now.
It is certainly possible. However there's lots of dirty tricks to be played yet. Everybody knows about his 'RA stuff so there may not be much more milage in that. However not many may know that the guy is a serious devout RC. The way things are right now I think people will distrust a very pro-Catholic much more than an ex-terrorist. Presumably the media will have their foot soldiers out there gathering all necessary info now and can come up with more than I can. Marty is smart though and can probably answer most of what will be thrown at him.

It is hard to know how strong SF are as it is hard to gauge just how much of a protest vote was among their 15 seats. I think there are pockets where they are very strong and always been like North Cork City, North Kerry, parts of North Dublin City and the border counties. I could only really comment for sure on Limerick City where SF have never had a strong vote but it is getting stronger, probably due the the FF filth vote having to go somewhere. The local candidate polled 3700(8.6%) first pref. votes at the last election while back in 2007 he polled 2100(4.2%). Limerick City is FG country unfortunately when it really should be Labour country due to the huge levels of economic and social deprivation but unfortunately those who need to vote the most seldom do.....I did a bit of analysis on this before taking Dublin which is much easier to judge between the middle class and under-class areas. In Dublin North Central the turnout was a miserable 31% while in Dublin South it was 72%. Not that all Dublin South is affluent but there is a smell of money in the air in most of it......OK I've drifted off so I'll leave it at that.
>TH
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

AyeYerMa wrote:They're very anti banker & anti EU, pro "let's default & they can all sing for their loan money"

That's popular.
Plus he has said he'll only take the average industrial wage of E35k per annum. This type of stuff will appeal to some folk who are sick of politicians earning big wages as well as claiming massive expenses.

The Presidential salary is E337k per annum. The rest of the candidates have not indicated they're interested in taking less than the full amount, except for David Norris who was the first to suggest he would look to take a reduction.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

namron wrote:LOl Shan take your point but the derogatory `Brit` remark does not win friends and influence a lot of folk in the north .I for one cant see any merit in `empathetic` politicos calling their opposing voters Fenians, Brits, Bluenoses or Taigs .Then again maybe Im a tad too sensitive for that business :oops:
Spot on Namron. The sooner people stop using these terms the better we can all start to get on together in this small world. It is a sorry state of affairs when people leaders engage in such nonsensical, hurtful and ultimately futile branding. You'd have thought we all should have left that shíte behind in past centuries but here we are not much different to our forebears with our desires to still create division and obstacles when there is no worthwhile reason for same.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sure you might finish up with the other Derry candidate as a serious contender :lol:
Remember the time she was MEP, not exactly the brightest candle out there.
Rory Best