gpjmoss
Novice

One in, one out

Post by gpjmoss »

Stevenson in, Caldwell out

Stories below from the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 400663.stm

Harlequins lock Lewis Stevenson signs for Ulster

Ulster have signed lock Lewis Stevenson from Harlequins on a two-year contract. The 26-year-old, who will move after completing the season at Harlequins, is seen as a replacement for Ryan Caldwell who is leaving Ravenhill to join Bath.
Stevenson, who has represented Ireland at Schools, Under-19 and Under-21 levels, had an earlier spell with Ulster before joining Exeter Chiefs.

"It was always my intention to come back to Ulster with a bit of experience under my belt," said Stevenson. "It is a great time for Ulster Rugby at the moment and it is brilliant to be able to come on board. "This is going to be an exciting challenge for me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 400426.stm

Bath sign Ireland lock Ryan Caldwell

Bath have confirmed that Ireland lock Ryan Caldwell will sign this summer from Ulster on a two-year deal. The 25-year-old started his career at Ulster in 2003, making his debut in 2005 before going on to make 79 appearances for the Irish club side. He won two caps for his country while on tour in the USA and Canada in 2009.

"He is a big, powerful young lock, and will create some real problems for the opposition," said Bath director of rugby Sir Ian McGeechan. "He has very good skills already and will develop further as he matures."

The 6ft 7in forward, who has played in two Under-21 World Cups, said: "It has always been a huge ambition of mine to play Premiership rugby. "Bath are very much a club on the verge of huge success, and I want to be a part of that.
"They are clearly ambitious, and I am glad to have been given the opportunity to play a role in the club achieving their goals."

Head coach Steve Meehan added: "Ryan is a very competitive character and will fit in well with the rest of the squad here, both on and off the field. "I have always been impressed with his performances for Ulster against Bath, whether that be a pre-season game or Heineken Cup match."
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: One in, one out

Post by Snipe Watson »

We got the better end of that deal.