Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Post by pwrmoore »

Murphy has had plenty of opportunities and a shed-load of game-time for Ireland. The only place where there may be doubt is in the instructions he was given by the coach.

I'm sure that Cables can provide the number of caps and the time spent on pitch to back this up,
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Conas, i have been an avid follower of your nonsense on Munsterfans and your old posts on Leinsterfans. Welcome to the UAFC, how's the missus? Do you still hate Liver? Have you found a rugby club yet? The good, god fearing people of Ulster, have a right to know!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Our new mate Conas wrote something along the lines of "Moore what are you smoking boy?? are you feeling the after effects of nothing getting stuff from the head shops anymore??"

Now I've even tried babelfish but it doesn't make any sense there either.

Anyway, welcome Conas - keep making us smile!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

So, who, or what is Conas?
Follow me on Twitter
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

29xThePain wrote:So, who, or what is Conas?
I thought he might have been you!!! :stir: :twisted: :wink:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Unfortunately not... I actually have a bit of a life... ;)
Follow me on Twitter
Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

29xthepain you big rotten ignoramus. I have a life you twit if I had my way I'd give you 29+OFpain for a comment like that.

How does everyone on here know of me. I came in here under the radar to have a fresh start on rugby forum now i seem to have people who remember me from my antics on leinsterfans. Anyway to answer Jackie I don't have a woman at the moment and I don't want one they are nothing but trouble. My liver is fine I'm off the drink and drugs since April, and I haven't found a rugby club yet because I'm still very unfit, and insecure, and a bit afraid.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Conas wrote:29xthepain you big rotten ignoramus. I have a life you twit if I had my way I'd give you 29+OFpain for a comment like that.
29x is on his 3rd or 4th alter-ego here as far as i know.
split personalties, eh?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Conas wrote:29xthepain you big rotten ignoramus. I have a life you twit if I had my way I'd give you 29+OFpain for a comment like that.

How does everyone on here know of me. I came in here under the radar to have a fresh start on rugby forum now i seem to have people who remember me from my antics on leinsterfans. Anyway to answer Jackie I don't have a woman at the moment and I don't want one they are nothing but trouble. My liver is fine I'm off the drink and drugs since April, and I haven't found a rugby club yet because I'm still very unfit, and insecure, and a bit afraid.
Is that why you come on rugby forums and hurl abuse at other members?

I am not a 'big rotten ignoramus'. I'm quite small actually. I'm simply asked the question of who (or what, could be a spammer) you are. You seemed to have gotten a bit offended by my innocent question.

Everyone here knows of you because you have a reputation on other forums, which members of this forum use. If you wanted to come here 'under the radar', would a different username not have been a better idea?

As for giving me "29+OFpain" for a mere comment on a message board, act your age, not your shoe size.

I hope this helps :)

WhiteKnight: I am sending the moderators a message to deactivate the ColinS account. How many accounts do you have?
Follow me on Twitter
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

29xThePain wrote:WhiteKnight: I am sending the moderators a message to deactivate the ColinS account. How many accounts do you have?
i honestly cannot remember them all.
i have not the slightest knowledge of what you are referring to.
i never will ever create another account as this would be in violation of board rules.
whokneworthoughtwhy
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Conas wrote:Why would anyone want a glass man like Denis Leamy??? like Stephen Ferris he's always out injured you just can't depend on such fragile players like that. Cullen can't maintain a place in the Ireland squad as it is plus he's an old man and past his best. Seanie O Brien looks like another glass man...he has an awful lot to prove at international level.

Duffy isn't half the player Geordon Murphy is and
Rob Kearney on form is the best in the world
. I'm a very intellectual realist and I can read Declan Kidneys mind. Some of you people really overrate poor players, and hence you have no idea what you're talking about.

Kearney the best in the world. Not even close. Too slow and can't pass / won't pass. You forgot about yourself in that position. I hear you're really good but seem to have a total lack of self-awareness....for an intellectual that is...and a mind reader to boot.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

29xThePain wrote:So, who, or what is Conas?
It's a fake ass.... or in this case a real one. Conas the Bighairyone
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

pwrmoore wrote:Murphy has had plenty of opportunities and a shed-load of game-time for Ireland. The only place where there may be doubt is in the instructions he was given by the coach.

I'm sure that Cables can provide the number of caps and the time spent on pitch to back this up,
Lets save time here. A show of red hands please - would any buffoon who believes 68 caps is not enough "game time" to prove yourself please raise your hand, look at yourself in the mirror & then pick up yellow pages and find the number of someone who reads bumps & administers electric shock therapy. :duh: :duh: :duh:

A point on the subject of Conas. I wish to apologise for a stupid posting elsewhere in which I suggested that a dozen posts was insufficent evidence for some poor soul (Conas) to be branded a nutcase and that he should be cut some slack. I wish to recant and assure everyone that I will never attempt to be Mr Niceguy again - clearly out of character and a grievous error of judgement.

Can't remember who said it but :salut: hats off to you sir - the man/manish boy - Conas - is indeed a fruitloop of the first water. May he continue to amuse with his particular brand of lunacy :thumleft:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Kept coming back to this one to see if anything further on Duffy? But we all seemed to have been sidelined (Though did enjoy the read) So the Ireland Tour is well over and no announcement on Duffy. Does this suggest it was just wishful thinking for a bit of extra cover / competition at 15?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

SparkyClarky,

Many of the posts relating to the signing of a new 15 for the forthcoming season are because most of the fans recognise that this is an area in which we are deficient. However the management identified the second row/back row/scrum half, as the key areas to be addressed for the forthcoming season. While our back row has always had depth of sorts Wannenburg is to fil the big gap left when SF is rested/on international duty. 9 obviously required along with goalkicker. Second row - not so obvious but certainly greater depth and quality for the forthcoming season.

That left the cupboard bare - who wouldn't have wanted us to try and sign the likes of Murphy/Duffy? Seems the management have taken a bit of a punt in this area on Smith continuing to improve at the rate he did last year and for Bryn to get fit again, in which case we should be OK. We could be better, but we should be OK. Suppose we can't have everything, but the general feeling for next season has to be overwhelming optimism!!! ( I realise UR fans have overwhelming optimism at this time of year normally, but surely this year there is cause for genuine optimism!! )

:cheers: :cheers: :D :D