Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Gavin Duffy to Ulster?

Post by scrum5 »

im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players.
The >TH >TH are full of them.......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

Conas wrote:You see I can't work out where this thread is going at all..It was about Gavin Duffy to Ulster now it's turning into a Connacht v Connaught spelling thread.

Now BR to answer your question.. im not interested in anyone who can't make the Irish team it really shows you that they are very ordinary players. Duffy and Fionn Carr are ok playing crap teams in the magners league who make them look good but when they played a quality team like Toulon they were no where to be seen, and why would want to sign a player like that? I'd do better on a rugby field myself that's why I'm going to start playing rugby.

So if Cullen, Leamy or O'Brien expressed an interest in palying for Ulster you would tuern therm down :duh:

So what do you think of our ordinary players - Cave for example
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Aye, there's no point in signing anyone who can't make the irish team (or couldn't if they were irish qualified). Sure while we're at it why don't we just terminate the contracts of all the players we have now who aren't in the irish XV. We could turn out a team of Ferris, Best, Trimble (until Fitzgerald isn't injured), Botha and Pinear. Sure we'd be ten players short, but the rest are just make-weights anyway.

On a more serious note Duffy is a decent player, who in my eyes is better than anything we currently have at fullback. He also provides cover for pretty much the entire three quarters line which is something we could surely do with. That said I don't think we'll see him here. Starting to worry about Pinear too. What happened with Rush has made me that little bit more cynical than I already was.
Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

Why would anyone want a glass man like Denis Leamy??? like Stephen Ferris he's always out injured you just can't depend on such fragile players like that. Cullen can't maintain a place in the Ireland squad as it is plus he's an old man and past his best. Seanie O Brien looks like another glass man...he has an awful lot to prove at international level.

Duffy isn't half the player Geordon Murphy is and Rob Kearney on form is the best in the world. I'm a very intellectual realist and I can read Declan Kidneys mind. Some of you people really overrate poor players, and hence you have no idea what you're talking about.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

You can't populate a squad with nothing but not quality internationals. Of course Murphy is better than Duffy, but Murphy by all accounts is happy at Leicester and being a Naas man i doubt he'd be willing to head to any province other than Leinster if he was heading home. Duffy is no star turn, but he had a decent run of form last season and would help stengthen our squad in an area we're weak. I wouldn't make any attempt to herrald his potential signing as the coming of the messiah, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a (small) step forward.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Conas wrote:Why would anyone want a glass man like Denis Leamy??? like Stephen Ferris he's always out injured you just can't depend on such fragile players like that. Cullen can't maintain a place in the Ireland squad as it is plus he's an old man and past his best. Seanie O Brien looks like another glass man...he has an awful lot to prove at international level.

Duffy isn't half the player Geordon Murphy is and Rob Kearney on form is the best in the world. I'm a very intellectual realist and I can read Declan Kidneys mind. Some of you people really overrate poor players, and hence you have no idea what you're talking about.
Murphy has flattered to decieve for years and has never delivered in an Ireland shirt the quality that he delivers for Leicester. I can't tell you why that is just that it is a truth.

Rob Kearney has been living on his reputation since he returned from the Lions tour. He needs to start delivering again. He is potentially one of the best full-backs in the world but is nowhere near delivering on that potential at the moment.

Maybe you need to take your own advice and take a cold hard look at the players as they are playing now rather than just trotting out predictable but unsustasinable claims.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote: Murphy has flattered to decieve for years and has never delivered in an Ireland shirt the quality that he delivers for Leicester. I can't tell you why that is just that it is a truth.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
You mean; has been prevented from delivering by a ridiculous EOS, don’t run anything back, comply or you’re dropped, game plan.
Take a thoroughbred strap him into a cart and see if he delivers.
Geordan Murphy has been the best fullback in the British Isles for the best part of a decade.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: Murphy has flattered to decieve for years and has never delivered in an Ireland shirt the quality that he delivers for Leicester. I can't tell you why that is just that it is a truth.
You mean; has been prevented from delivering by a ridiculous EOS, don’t run anything back, comply or you’re dropped, game plan.
Geordan Murphy has been the best fullback in the British Isles for the best part of a decade.
as I said snipe - I can't tell you why. Perhaps you know the inside story.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I don't know, but I can take a punt at what the reason is.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

moondance wrote:
Before I go on are you sure that "Some of us are" shouldn't be replaced "I am". Further why stop with the CT? You could have mentioned the Connaught Motor Company or even The Connaught Tower Corporation of New York City - they would have been just as relevant.
"Some of us" means just that - some of us, there has been discussion previously on this board that there are two newspapers published in the western province, one with Connacht in the title, one with Connaught.

An English sportscar manufacturer or an apartment block in the USA could hardly be considered as relevant at all.
Fantastic news, we are agreed then - The Mayo Telegraph it is :D

PS Just wanted to check, when you say "western province" - would that be Connacht? :wink:
Last edited by backawaygoonahead on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Conas wrote:Why would anyone want a glass man like Denis Leamy??? like Stephen Ferris he's always out injured you just can't depend on such fragile players like that. Cullen can't maintain a place in the Ireland squad as it is plus he's an old man and past his best. Seanie O Brien looks like another glass man...he has an awful lot to prove at international level.

I have to say I admire your style greatly. You really are putting some of the old fools on here to shame and I must say I am in awe of you status as an "intellectual realist" and a mind reader.

Completely fascinated I have scoured every corner of the world wide web in an effort to mend my stupidity in not understanding what an "intellectual realist" is. You will not be surprised to know that I was astonished to find the following:
Intellectual realism refers to the tendency of young children to indicate incorrectly all that is present in an object array
I can't quite get over it but it appears that you are a young buffoon. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Snipe Watson wrote:
Valid opinion of course Snipe but I'm with Paul here. Murphy is a legend at Leicester and has been patchy at best for Ireland. With the number of caps he has accumulated it isn't reasonable to say he hasn't had his chances and he reminds me of another Itish 15 who plied his trade in England - one Conor O'Shea who season after season was talked up in England but was a huge disapointment for Ireland.

Finally and most damning I have categorical proof that the man is an idiot. Cast your mind back to Cardiff, the last act of the game should have been Jonesy missing his penalty attempt so allowing Ireland to win the GS for the first time since most of us were born, enter G Murphy Esq. In his hands is the historic ball with which 61 barren years has ended, touch it down and stick it up your jumper...........no not GM, he looks around jogs to his left and boots it into the crowd :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: If that is not enough think back to the comeback in Paris a couple of years ago after humiliation early in the game. Ireland are still in with a chance in injury time but must keep the ball alive............enter G Murphy Esq. who puts a delicate grubber kick into touch from 8 metres out - asshole :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Make an arguement for the club game but as an international - well he ain't no George Best of rugby despite what cheating old Deano said. :red:

Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

People on here just don't get it and type up nothing more than nonsensical diarrhea.

Moore what are you smoking boy?? are you feeling the after effects of nothing getting stuff from the head shops anymore??

Geordan Murphy has never got enough game time for Ireland so lets get that clear, he's been one of Leicesters best players over the past couple of years. Kearney is very inconsistent, and that's why Girvan Dempsey started a lot at full back ahead of him. Cheika had his mentality mastered, but remember Kearney is still young and has an awful lot to learn. Ulster have no one half decent at full back to challenge for the Irish 15 jersey.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Conas wrote:People on here just don't get it and type up nothing more than nonsensical diarrhea.

Moore what are you smoking boy?? are you feeling the after effects of nothing getting stuff from the head shops anymore??

Geordan Murphy has never got enough game time for Ireland so lets get that clear, he's been one of Leicesters best players over the past couple of years. Kearney is very inconsistent, and that's why Girvan Dempsey started a lot at full back ahead of him. Cheika had his mentality mastered, but remember Kearney is still young and has an awful lot to learn. Ulster have no one half decent at full back to challenge for the Irish 15 jersey.
Where did this joker come from?
:scratch:
Conas
Novice

Post by Conas »

Big-al wrote:
Conas wrote:
Where did this joker come from?
:scratch:
I am NOT a joker and I came from cyberspace, like you and everyone else. Look just because you have over 1000 posts that doesn't make you special Big Al ...but I just love your beef burgers fat man.