Barcelona

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Barcelona

Post by Glynncommando »

Away this weekend to Barcelona with Mrs GC.

Know about the Sagrada Familla, Nou Camp etc having been before - MANY years ago.

Just wondered if any forum users had any tips for the lesser-known highlights of the city...places a wee bit off the beaten track...bars, restaurants, clubs, sights etc?

Any and all suggestions and in-put gratefully received (pm's too) - and thanks to Lanzaman who has already contributed greatly :salut:
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
Solid Air
Initiate

Re: Barcelona

Post by Solid Air »

Great city GC, too much to see and do, would suggest some time in the Gothic Quarter, the old cathedral a must see, and the streets around the back of it, many good tapas bars also in and around the winding streets and squares.

Park Guell, Gaudi's 'property development' is also worth a visit, good buzz on the nightlife front around the old olympic village at the harbour, cable-car ride over the harbour and up to the olympic stadium not a bad jaunt either!

Hav a good one!
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

What sort of supporter are you choosing Barcelona over Galway?
A vote for Kimble is a vote for progress!
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

Its hard to beat the hop on hop off busses.

They take you around the city and will give you a good idea of bits you may want to go back to to spend more time.

be very careful of your valuables while watching the buskers and performers on Las Ramblas... I was very close to getting my wallet nicked but for one of my mates spotting the light fingered >#

awsome city. I love it
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Solid Air wrote:Great city GC, too much to see and do, would suggest some time in the Gothic Quarter, the old cathedral a must see, and the streets around the back of it, many good tapas bars also in and around the winding streets and squares.

Park Guell, Gaudi's 'property development' is also worth a visit, good buzz on the nightlife front around the old olympic village at the harbour, cable-car ride over the harbour and up to the olympic stadium not a bad jaunt either!

Hav a good one!
Agreed on all fronts- also an Irish bar on street on rhs going down Ramblas, the market worth seeing nearby same side, and there's a good coffee place first left going down. The Olympic area is worth a walk along the beachfront. The subway system and the trains are cheap and efficient. Enjoy!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Agree with all above - it is a top spot. Reference the bus tour - if yer head isn't too bad get there early. We queue'd for about an hour to get on a bus and we were there in October when we hought it would be quieter. Tour is worth it though.

Have a great weekend!
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Dewi Barnes wrote:What sort of supporter are you choosing Barcelona over Galway?
One who has recently got married!!!
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Glynncommando wrote:
Dewi Barnes wrote:What sort of supporter are you choosing Barcelona over Galway?
One who has recently got married!!!
GC
Bad start :shake: :argue:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Just a quick post to say - thanks to all those who replied here or by pm. Much appreciated. A truly wonderful city - vibrant & colourful & exciting - we had a cracking weekend....can't wait to go back!!!
GC