NZ back row

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
Novice

NZ back row

Post by Tom »

Any speculation on the identitiy of this "young nz back row" rumoured to be signing?

to start it off

http://www.chiefs.co.nz/The-Team/Player ... am-Messam/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(well he's got a reasonably Irish name.)
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: NZ back row

Post by GerryO' »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Messam sounds Irish :?

Has played NZ 7's so if the rumour that we're signing a player potentially qualified then he ain't the bloke.
Surely 7s doesn't disqualify; only full and A international.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

Played for NZ Maori. Doesn't look very Irish.

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/2007/06/l ... er-in.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe his granny's from Carnlough!
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

that is him out of the frame then
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

A few short extracts GerryO.

Regulation 8 ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY FOR NATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS

8.2 A Player who has played for the senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team of a Union is not eligible to play for the senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team of another Union.

DECLARATION OF PLAYER
I have not played for the senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or the senior National Representative Sevens Team of any other Union.
If a Player has played for another Union’s senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or next senior fifteen-a-side National Representative Team or senior National Representative Sevens team, this must be stated on this declaration form. For the avoidance of doubt, Players would only be eligible to play for a second Union if they can demonstrate that they allowed 36 consecutive months to elapse before they played for a second Union and that they played for that second Union before 1 January 2000. Any such Players should submit in writing the circumstances of such participation on a separate sheet.

All 18 pages can be viewed at:
http://www.irb.com/mm/document/lawsregs ... %5f883.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Well, it's a bad day when you don't learn something!
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

Where did this NZ Young Back rower rumour actually come from?

Those dogs on the street again?
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Stuff the guessing game of the young back row, lets sign Joe Rokocoko who by looking at the above article is looking a contract. So sign Rokocoko, Evans and Botha plus this young NZ back rower and that will do thanks Mr Williams :D
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

I'd rather have more homegrown players in the backrow so that they can compete for Ireland.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

In a perfect world we could and would be signing Jerome Kaino, probibly the 3rd best 6 in the world unfortunatly or maybe fortunatly hes being kept out of the all blacks shirt by Collins.

I suspect it could be any of these guys . . . Stephen Setephano (8), Scott Waldrom (7), Tim Boys (7) or Daniel Braid (7)

All guys languishing away in the Jnr AB's just not quite making the cut fo the big boys and all in there 20s so they can either give up on there AB dreams and come here or else use a move north to gain a little more experience!

As must as id like to see it i dont see Ulster landing a McCaw or Collins or Masoe!!!
Last edited by fuzzylogic on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I believe the rumour was first posted by Heres me WHAATT! on another thread Bigchiefally.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

fuzzylogic wrote:In a perfect world we could and would be signing Jerome Kaino, probibly the 2nd best 7 in the world unfortunatly or maybe fortunatly hes being kept out of the all blacks shirt by McCaw.
Pretty certain Kaino's a 6
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Colzo wrote:I'd rather have more homegrown players in the backrow so that they can compete for Ireland.
Me too, N Best and Roger spring to mind. sickened they're off after putting in good performances last night. Ulster have developed these players and now they're hitting their straps and in their prime letting them go.
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

Colzo wrote:I'd rather have more homegrown players in the backrow so that they can compete for Ireland.
Agreed in theory but I can't help feeling the rot set in when our best players started disappearing off on international duties in big numbers. There's an element of swings and roundabouts.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.