BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Toaster

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You'd think that...... but just two slices :shock: I can't be doing with waiting around, us semi-retired people have people to see, places to go.
I'm more of a croissant man myself.....
Your toaster has no croissant setting? Good God, how very common. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heated croissants :scratch: :scratch: what sort of a savage heats their croissants?
Well young Snipe, actually, the French do. When Mrs T and I were honeymooning in Paris many moons ago, our croissants et chocolat chaud arrived at the bedroom door, warm and fresh every morning with a cheery "got moaning". They provided butter of course, but for me, a decent croissant should have more than enough butter in the baking so, just a smidgeon of cherry or raspberry conserve sufficed as I recall.

All that said, croissants in general are overrated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
You'd think that...... but just two slices :shock: I can't be doing with waiting around, us semi-retired people have people to see, places to go.
I'm more of a croissant man myself.....
Your toaster has no croissant setting? Good God, how very common. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heated croissants :scratch: :scratch: what sort of a savage heats their croissants?
Well young Snipe, actually, the French do. When Mrs T and I were honeymooning in Paris many moons ago, our croissants et chocolat chaud arrived at the bedroom door, warm and fresh every morning with a cheery "got moaning". They provided butter of course, but for me, a decent croissant should have more than enough butter in the baking so, just a smidgeon of cherry or raspberry conserve sufficed as I recall.

All that said, croissants in general are overrated.
:duh: :duh: I'm decrying croissants that have been reheated using a toaster as you alluded
Your toaster has no croissant setting?
or even worse a microwave, not croissants fresh and warm from the oven.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, you say that, but how am I to know if mein host, M.Norman, arose with the birds and by the sweat of his brow, produced a batch of warm, almost toasty fresh croissants, or if he was a charlatan and mere bossed some shop bought into the oven at gas mark 3 for 30 seconds or indeed put them in his high quality toaster, on croissant setting for an 8 second blast, then passing the whole shemozzle off as "zee lovely toasty warm croissants"?

I suspect you are now understanding the complexities involved here. Indeed it wouldn't surprise me if you were just now rushing to your closest electrical retailer to purchase a new toaster with croissant setting so in future you may enjoy the illusion of freshly baked croissants. The bonus of course being you can pass on your shyte toaster to HWM, claim your pint and savour it in the certain knowledge you have done the environment a favour.

Result. :cheers:

M.Norman would be a very old man by now if he's still on the sod but he was incredibly kind to a couple of wee Ulster folk, I hope he enjoyed a good life and maybe still is.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Still no toaster :(
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Still no toaster :(
Well it's hardly my fault, I've tried to talk Snipe into it on your behalf. I tink a modicum of gratitude would be appropriate hea.

Yutes.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

A Facebook Friend has come to my rescue. Have to collect toaster tonight :)

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:A Facebook Friend has come to my rescue. Have to collect toaster from Tesco tonight :)
Fixed

FB friend also known as PWRMoore :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

No, Lynda actually. And it came with free delivery. But havent checked it works yet. Report will follow.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:No, Lynda actually. And it came with free delivery. But havent checked it works yet. Report will follow.
Perhaps best to set it in the garden plugged into an extension lead and switch on from a safe distance !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best