What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Alister Scott wrote:
Rooster wrote:Some people have no feckin shame >threaten

https://www.derrynow.com/news/woman-hel ... ate/215366
I was first on the scene of a car crash which had happened in pouring rain and the petrol tank had ruptured. Driver of the car was not breathing and I had to climb in as best I could to open his airway and maintain it (doors were jammed shut). I was stood there for over 40 minutes before ambulance service took over and had a new pair of shoes and a decent pair of trousers totally ruined by the petrol and water. I also had to throw out a shirt that I couldn't get all the blood stains out of.

I wouldn't have dreamed of claiming even from the driver's car insurance - his family had been through enough as he died a couple of days later in hospital. I would do it again if faced with the same situation, even if the outcome was a foregone conclusion, given how grateful his family were just to be at his bedside when he died,and that he didn't die alone on the side of the road in terrible weather.

Somethings are more important than claiming compensation.
Commendable Alster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Her solicitor says they are suing both Donegal council and the McGrotty estate
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Classic meedya
Classic Londonderry
Classic NI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good for her, as you may have discerned from my post I wasn't about to pull the trigger, she did a good thing that night, I very much doubt that suing the family was in her mind.

Of course, if her solicitor has sued everyone he could think of on her behalf, I assume that it is within her prerogative to stop the action against the family, though I suppose there may well be a legal matter that I don't understand.

That night, she and her boyfriend did a very good thing, I think I prefer to think well of her and take that message as her version of the truth.

I suppose this forum is part of social media, but I have a hatred of bakebook and twitter where self-appointed sheriffs deal out rough justice to people they have never met on a bloody whim and a sliver of information, most of it probably bullshite and rip folk to shreds without a second thought. FFFS you'd think they were experts in life, like me, and not just a moron with a keyboard.

Social media is feckin' dangerous, a "friend" of mine posted something in near panic about a report that illegal immigrants in Calais were rioting 24/7 where he was due to arrive that weekend. He had seen something published by Britain First making the allegation, I happened to recognise the background as a street in Paris and it was actually a Union march which cut up a bit rough through heavy-handed policing. At times like that I'm reminded of the wise words of Buzz Lightyear:
1abullshit.jpg
1abullshit.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 504 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Classic meedya
Classic Londonderry
Classic NI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Were I a marketing man, I would use my experience of both Derry & Belfast I would give them this as their byeline:

#Derry, it's not a shithole like Belfast you know.

It amuses me to hear Belfast Sammys chuntering on about how crap Derry is when I look at the appalling state of Belfast, amongst the least charming cities in Europe and full of Kunts.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Insurance claims work in mysterious ways. You often have to claim from one party in order for another party to pay what they should. Those sorts of things do not read well when translated to headlines/tabloid stories.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Insurance claims work in mysterious ways. You often have to claim from one party in order for another party to pay what they should. Those sorts of things do not read well when translated to headlines/tabloid stories.

That was the sort of thing I wondered about.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Some folk love being outraged at everything which would be grand if they'd keep it to themselves. Sometimes I long for the days when such d-ckhead's views could only be heard by their own ears in their dark cavern. Now every semi-literate thicko can share their genius with us all.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

As baggy rightly says, the lady did a very good thing that night.

If however for example she has been off work on the sick since, unable to sleep at night with the demons attacking her for not doing more and is facing losing her home due to sick pay not being enough to keep up with the mortgage, then is she really to be victimised?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

She has apologised and clearly didn't know what making a claim would entail. As per usual the legal professionals are real evil behind it all.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:As baggy rightly says, the lady did a very good thing that night.

If however for example she has been off work on the sick since, unable to sleep at night with the demons attacking her for not doing more and is facing losing her home due to sick pay not being enough to keep up with the mortgage, then is she really to be victimised?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
What she has posted suggests that is at least a part of what happened to her.

I've never had experience of a trauma like that but I have had guns pointed at me 8 times in my former employment, sometimes I felt no great anxiety, others I had trouble and often very much after the fact days weeks or months later. To this day, when a door opens noisely, I often have a nervous reaction. I can well imagine she has had a rough time.

I should say my initial reaction was horror that she is suing the remainder of the family, now I appreciate it may well not be that simple.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't often, but this morning I turned on the Fat Boy when settling down to breakfast. I heard self-respecting but terrified priest Father Murray speaking out about the appointment of a Bishop in Dromore. They have pulled retired Bishop Philip Boyce out to fill the vacancy created by the Bishop there finally doing the decent thing and resigning, many years too late.

So what's the problem? Well, Boyce ruled over one of the Roman's most paedophile stocked diocese Raphoe where priests buggering children was a common occurrence, starring Fr Eugene Greene who did a 12 stretch for ruining 26 lives whilst being protected and moved around the churches by none other than ........... yes, Bishop Philip Boyce PE. You couldn't make it up, fire to frying pan doesn't do it justice. It raises the very obvious question of does the Fenian church really give a feck about their staff fu'cking children. It suggests not.

PE? Paedophile Enabler, just like the last Pope, thon Nazi, Ratbeg I think he was called, I just called him King of the Paedos.

I have no truck with sectarianism, but I hate the Roman Catholic Church, even more than I despise most other churches, for when it comes to paedophiles the Holy Church of Rome has no equals for producing and protecting more paedophiles, the scummiest of all criminals. There can be absolutely no shadow of a doubt that the Romans have institutionally protected the reputation of their church over their legal duty to protect children. Oh if only there was a hell for them to burn in, sadly they most often get away with their crimes such clout does the church wield.

So what can we do as citizens to mark our displeasure?

Well as a person of impeccable judgement I have decided to call Easter Sunday, "Kick a Priest in the Balls Day" so I urge you all to attend mass, be ye Orangebastards or Roman, atheist or Jew, Muslim or Hindu, Shik or Buddhist, and boot the priest flush in the balls. I understand that this day of action may leave many undeserving decent men with a set of aching plums, just be sure to tell them that if they are innocent men that they are just taking one for the team.

Sadly I shall be unable to join the Day of Action as I will be travelling between Limerick and Dublin to see the two most hated teams in Europe contesting the SDC. Good luck to you all and may the good lord direct your firmest kick to a priestlybastard's balls.

These sanctimonioustwats really are a disgrace and deserve your opprobrium.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Roman Empire like all Empires is built on the tears of the vulnerable. Some folk admire that. I find it rotten and anti-human.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Look at these we scumbags in Derry

https://twitter.com/ConnlaYoung/status/ ... 11425?s=19

Lock the parents up.