What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan what was your view of Irish rugby players with the dead Jaguar in Argentina not only did the kill it they hung it up with wire for the photograph
I wasn't aware of this and don't know if it ever happened. If you provide evidence of it I will form a view and share it with you.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:What fake news?

Well you know fine well so stop acting the chube most severe ones were , Planes would crash, satellites would fall from the sky stop being a chube ffs .
And some of those things could have happened. That is why billions were spent minimising the effect.

While most experts would have ruled out the catastrophic incidents by the time Dec 99 arrived. I don't think there was a company or organisation out there who had a complete confidence in all their software/firmware/hardware (and all that of those companies interfacing with them) functioning to specification. Effort was targeted and risk was minimised and to a degree accepted. Stuff went wrong, but through a combination of good planning, hard work, serious spending and very likely a little bit of luck most organisations got away with it.

Someone in 1995 saying, "Planes could drop out of the sky," could have had a point. Someone saying it Dec 99, is unlikely to have been well informed, but even the experts weren't that keen to be saying, "Don't worry! Everything will be fine."
I got well p1ssed that night and had a mad auld time. However I really should have signed up for the 12 hour support at work which carried with it a payment equaling a month's salary. That type of payment to a few hundred or so people was only a drop in the ocean compared to what they spent the previous couple of years.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:What fake news?

Well you know fine well so stop acting the chube most severe ones were , Planes would crash, satellites would fall from the sky stop being a chube ffs .
And some of those things could have happened. That is why billions were spent minimising the effect.

While most experts would have ruled out the catastrophic incidents by the time Dec 99 arrived. I don't think there was a company or organisation out there who had a complete confidence in all their software/firmware/hardware (and all that of those companies interfacing with them) functioning to specification. Effort was targeted and risk was minimised and to a degree accepted. Stuff went wrong, but through a combination of good planning, hard work, serious spending and very likely a little bit of luck most organisations got away with it.

Someone in 1995 saying, "Planes could drop out of the sky," could have had a point. Someone saying it Dec 99, is unlikely to have been well informed, but even the experts weren't that keen to be saying, "Don't worry! Everything will be fine."
Yip. I got a £1500 Millennium retention bonus for doing nothing.
I got well p1ssed that night and had a mad auld time. However I really should have signed up for the 12 hour support at work which carried with it a payment equaling a month's salary. That type of payment to a few hundred or so people was only a drop in the ocean compared to what they spent the previous couple of years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan what was your view of Irish rugby players with the dead Jaguar in Argentina not only did the kill it they hung it up with wire for the photograph
I wasn't aware of this and don't know if it ever happened. If you provide evidence of it I will form a view and share it with you.
Strange how d4 manages to sweep some things under the rug

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Always happy to assist, I searched interweb but it appears the FIRFUC's have had it removed, probably part of the new dispensation to be more friendly to the female/harridan extremist tendency.

However, despite not finding it on the interweb, I have seen the picture/s some time back, it happened. I have no trouble in calling those involved gabshites, it's just I can't remember who was in the snap.

In fairness, the animals occasionally fight back and "win", as was the case in 2015, I'll let Bill Maher describe it:

He then turned to professional big game hunter Ian Gibson who was trampled to death last week by an elephant he hoped to bag as a trophy.

“If you make your living stalking and killing innocent animals, as professional game hunter Ian Gibson did, ” Maher said. “And you’re leading a safari to kill elephants, as Ian Gibson was, and during that safari, an elephant tramples you to death… good.”

And more recently, although it was killed itself, another elephant managed to take out career safari leader Theunis Botha shot & killed an adult & to calf elephants before being picked up by a fourth and although one of his cadre shot the elephant and fatally wounded it, as it fell it crushed Botha to death. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A couple of weeks later, satisfyingly, some body parts of a friend of Botha were recovered from the gut of a large crocodile and back in April, a 75 year-old serial animal slaughterer, was at a canned lion hunt - perhaps organised by W Herbst - when he was shot dead by some other fu'cktard there for the same purpose. Oh, how I laughed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: >sniper
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I see Marcell's brother is a ranger protecting endangered wildlife from poachers in SA. He looks hard as nails.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:I see Marcell's brother is a ranger protecting endangered wildlife from poachers in SA. He looks hard as nails.
Hopefully he'll shoot Herbst.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:I see Marcell's brother is a ranger protecting endangered wildlife from poachers in SA. He looks hard as nails.
Hopefully he'll shoot Herbst.
Protect wildebeest. Not shoot

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Always happy to assist, I searched interweb but it appears the FIRFUC's have had it removed, probably part of the new dispensation to be more friendly to the female/harridan extremist tendency.
So there's no evidence then. Thanks Baggy. You've saved me some unnecessary feelings of outrage.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

This growing trend of starting every response with "So, …".
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:This growing trend of starting every response with "So, …".
How does that make you feel?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

+10000

It's highly annoying. Mostly Lionels but many norn ironing idiots are following this irritating trend. Someone will end up stabbed in the face over it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I note with something approaching outrage that the breeders of Norn Iron have been calling weans after Terry. I know, fu@king unbelievable "Logan" or the more correctly spelt "Slogan" is amongst the top 10 boys names that the stupid have been calling their stupid children.

Bizarrely Noah is the third most popular boys name. Sweet holy FFFS what is wrong with these people..........Noah??? :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Girls names continue to be horribly Victorian, though Victoria doesn't get a look in but FFFS there were 153 Islas. Suffering sweet holy sanctified mother of Jaysus, I fu@king aakse you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Whatever happened to good old Dave & Sue? But dear Jesus, Logan? "Ach look at wee Logan, the wee lyingbastard". :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

So ... You know what's annoying?

People getting annoyed with things 18 months after everyone else.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7739&start=6341
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

So what? On a more positive note the overuse and misuse of "like" seems to have decreased dramatically.
Big Neville Southall