What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Muddy Bless
Initiate

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Muddy Bless »

C'mon Gemma, this is the place for listing your annoyances. Vent thy spleen.
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Muddy Bless wrote:C'mon Gemma, this is the place for listing your annoyances. Vent thy spleen.
You'll regret that, I promise you!

I can't stand people who don't use indicators when they should; I can't stand people who leave their indicators on when they shouldn't (causing people to pull out of side streets and get hit); I can't stand people who inch forward at red lights when there's at least a minute before they change; I can't stand taxis; I can't stand van drivers; I can't stand people in expensive or flashy cars who think they own the road; I can't stand people who drive through red lights, nearly flattening pedestrians crossing the road; I can't stand women driving 4x4s/Range Rover type cars (the desperate housewives as I call them) in car parks, because they can't drive or park them; I can't stand cyclists who ride side by side, taking up half the road and I really really don't like people who don't know the rules of roundabouts.

Happy? :twisted:
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Hear hear :D
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

Thats a good list to be going on with.

I think you need therapy :D

I get irritated by tractors who don't pull in occasionally, I hate cyclists who dont use the cycle lane, I can't abide cars that have exhausts thats diamater is bigger than the steering wheel, I hate people who drive with car seats at an angle greater than 45 deg from vertical (same goes for drivers whose cap peaks are at the same angle) I dislike vinyl sunstrips that proclaim "Clio 16V" or something else blindingly obvious. I hate the waste of space that is the crawler lane on the froccess (sp?) road (after waiting for so long for it to be completed, all it does is prevent southbound traffic any chance of overtaking) I cant stand people who dont merge in turn in areas where two lanes become one.... the list goes on

see you at therapy
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

4. dipsticks who appear on this site writing total garbage.

that's my job
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Rule one round about -- don't overtake -- unless the traffic in the in another lane has stopped-- side by side your asking for the obvious

The other obvious of course is --if you enter a roundabout in the wrong lane and can't change lanes go round the B thing again

ie a roundabout is not a road it is- a hazard- treat it as such

The DoE road engineers who for ever try to put 4 lanes in a road which really should only have 3

ie the Saintfield Road and the Road to Bangor

and then have 3 foot pathments on either side of the road where you might see a pedestrian once every other year
and then blame motorists because they are human and have to cross into other lanes when they have to pass a bus a lorry or 4x4 in the inside lane ie the is no margin of error

The road is too "b" narrow for the volume of traffic and the vehicles using it
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Muddy Bless wrote:
People in office environments who speak for the sole porpoise of using as many big words as they can... most annoying when they squeeze them in in the wrong places. my favourite of the morning was man talking gash about the age 'democratic' of people listening to Neil Diamond.....does every office have someone like this?
I agree this is very annoying as is the over-use of American office terms such as "heads up, touch base, wrap-around, broad brushstrokes" and the even worse use of things like "lining up the ducks/skittles, picking low hanging fruit, shooting pheasants in the long grass" etc which I have to listen to on a daily basis.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Shan wrote: the over-use of American office terms such as "heads up, touch base, wrap-around, broad brushstrokes" and the even worse use of things like "lining up the ducks/skittles, picking low hanging fruit, shooting pheasants in the long grass" etc which I have to listen to on a daily basis.
Glad you raised that Shan
5. The USA - A nation of neurotic, introspective, xenophobic, ill mannered, uneducated, warmongering loudmouths.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

People who drive around with their rear fog lights on when it is not foggy :twisted:
Cars that won't let tractors pull out again after they have pulled in to let other cars past :twisted: :twisted:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

6 People who drive around without their rear fog lights on when it is foggy
7 People who drive around when it's nearly dark without their lights on because 'they can see just fine'
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

1 All those ABU's out there...you know who you are.
2 David Pleat
3 Those who insist on referring to Mick Galwey as Gallimh (again - you know who you are)
4 George Hook
5 Anyone who dismisses the '99 win as some sort of anomaly because no English teams competed
6 Drogba
7 The sycophantic media love-in that is Arctic Monkeys. Good - yes. God's Gift - no.
8 Alfie
9 The great warrior that is Trevor Brennan - not
10 Beijing Olympics - is the Baron turning in his grave?

GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

Oh yeah. Nearly forgot.

11 Pete Doherty

GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Glynncommando wrote:7 The sycophantic media love-in that is Arctic Monkeys. Good - no. God's Gift - no.
Fixed! :stir:

(2) People that add 'ness' to the end of words when it is totally unnecessary. 'Randomness' seems to be the worst offender.
(3) People that use internet words like "lol" in real life conversation.
(4) People that update their Facebook status using their mobile. Seriously, I cannot believe people care enough about Facebook to do that.
(5) Live albums. Inevitably, it will fail to generate the atmosphere of the show, you'll hear all the mistakes and sound quality is either poor or makes the whole idea of a live album totally unnecessary.
(6) Defiance, Ohio's disappointing third album, The Fear, The Fear, The Fear.
(7) The fact that two £17.50 tickets for Seasick Steve at the Barrowlands in Glasgow ended up costing me £42.50.
(8) People that slag off the city of Hull based on reputation, even though they've never been there or even through there.
(9) Leeds United fans that cannot accept that Hull City are now the dominant force of football in Yorkshire.
(10) People that own any kind of Apple product.
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

1. People being late - and often not bothering to let you know.
2. Bad, inconsiderate driving.
3. The Westlink.
4. The inability of utility providers to produce a joint roadworks plan. The road will be dug up by NIE, 2 weeks later by Phoenix etc. JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER AND SORT IT OUT! :twisted: :twisted:
5. A badly poured pint of Guinness.
6. All reality TV shows (Including the one with that girl from Bangor in it) and soap operas.
7. Trade Unions.
8. Politicians.
9. Spitting in public.
10. Litter.
11. 24 hr news - filling time with inane drivel.
12. Diving footballers. Have they no self respect?

I may come back later if my mood darkens further. For now though I feel cleansed of my anger.
:) :)
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Neil F wrote: (8) People that slag off the city of Hull based on reputation, even though they've never been there or even through there.

(10) People that own any kind of Apple product.
ohhh... you're going to hate me Neil F... I'm Mac Booked and iPodded to the hilt ... and I do slag off Hull... not on reputation but because I've been there on many unfortunate occasions and think it is a sh!thole!! :wink: