What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:What fake news?

Well you know fine well so stop acting the chube most severe ones were , Planes would crash, satellites would fall from the sky stop being a chube ffs .
And some of those things could have happened. That is why billions were spent minimising the effect.

While most experts would have ruled out the catastrophic incidents by the time Dec 99 arrived. I don't think there was a company or organisation out there who had a complete confidence in all their software/firmware/hardware (and all that of those companies interfacing with them) functioning to specification. Effort was targeted and risk was minimised and to a degree accepted. Stuff went wrong, but through a combination of good planning, hard work, serious spending and very likely a little bit of luck most organisations got away with it.

Someone in 1995 saying, "Planes could drop out of the sky," could have had a point. Someone saying it Dec 99, is unlikely to have been well informed, but even the experts weren't that keen to be saying, "Don't worry! Everything will be fine."
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Project fear is becoming annoying and boring, the same people that told us planes would fall from the sky with Y2K bug,
Who said this?
Yer ma
Have you heard about the year 2038 problem?
Aye, but the industry took a vote on it and decided just to sit back and see what happens this time, and if some of the ungrateful cúnts die this time, so be it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The millenium bug bad some of the best problem solvers in the world working on a solution.

Brexit was voted for by people who were tricked by a bus.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave
only a moron would believe that the savings would be spent on the NHS

A Labour Government can waste any savings in a morning it's full of morons dreaming of ways to spend your money .

remember the only money any government has is your money taken from you by taxing every pleasure in life except sex --

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That is my point. There are plenty of morons out there.

Not sure how a labour government can be dragged into this. There hasn't been one for 8 years.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Dave
only a moron would believe that the savings would be spent on the NHS

A Labour Government can waste any savings in a morning it's full of morons dreaming of ways to spend your money .

remember the only money any government has is your money taken from you by taxing every pleasure in life except sex --

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Ron'n, only a twatt would believe that there will be "savings". A lying'bar steward took the overall contribution divided it by his inside leg measurement, multiplied it by his number of mistresses, divided by the monthly alimony payments to wives one & two, then stuck the resulting lie on the side of a bus.

There are no savings, just slightly different ways of not funding what needs to be funded.

And as for all you cu'nts who think, great, we can tear up the European Convention on Civil Rights, I hope you all die, very soon, you smug self-satisfied arseholes, you are the dregs of humanity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dave wrote:The millenium bug bad some of the best problem solvers in the world working on a solution.

Brexit was voted for by people who were tricked by a bus.
no it was not
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Brecit voters are dying at a rate of knots (when compared to remainers)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

... In fact, natural wastage will have overturned the majority by 2020.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:... In fact, natural wastage will have overturned the majority by 2020.
That is great news Merv, I'd just like to say if there is anything I can do to speed up the death rate amongst those of lesser intelligence I'm ready to kill all round me. Sunderland seems a grand place to start, anyone got a spare nuclear warhead they aren't using?

I wonder in 5-10 years time when Trump has stiffed the UK on all promises and nobody gives a tinker's'feck if they sink into the sea, will the UK of England Wales & NI apply to rejoin and will they whinge and whine so much about entry terms.

I'd be all for telling them to suck my bag and feck off.

Who will make deals with the UK? Gobshites, that's who.

What decent country will deal with a country that cannot be trusted? Eh? Eh?

End of last year they sign up to the Bogman Backstop to the delight of thon wee Paddy, the man from New Delhi ........ and probably most of LondonDelhi......... then a few months later, nah, that won't do. Get your act together you dumb Warren Gatland, the world owes you nothing, you went around for centuries robbing & killing, stealing resources and any wealth you could find, stealing people to work as slaves in your plantations. You are the very definition of a Warren Gatland. Get on with it or just crash out and to the surprise of nobody fail to pay your debts/commitments.

Hateful sickening wee country >seeya
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Has Jim Wells been mentioned yet?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Has Jim Wells been mentioned yet?
Don't start me on that clampit, makes Ms Wrinklie of Lambeth look saintly.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

All countries fund the Budget but there are those who get more out than they put in and those who get less than the put in .

Ireland was once one of the former and GB has always been one of the latter .

The amount by which the Irish Government benefits will decline as the demands of the Eastern European states increase .

The fact is that GB will cease to subsidise other States within the EU .

Economical The debate then comes down to do the Benefits of being in the EU exceed the subsidies being funded.

The remainers erroneously consider the Brexit vote was an economic vote most of the population realise they have insufficient information and knowledge to make an economic decision ( the government can’t either ) so the Brexit is really about who governs — the EU or Parliament .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

What's really surprised me is how completely biased the newspaper coverage of Brexit has been.
You expect it from the likes of the mail and the express but the Guardian and the Independent have been as bad on the other side.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:All countries fund the Budget but there are those who get more out than they put in and those who get less than the put in .

Ireland was once one of the former and GB has always been one of the latter .

The amount by which the Irish Government benefits will decline as the demands of the Eastern European states increase .

The fact is that GB will cease to subsidise other States within the EU .

Economical The debate then comes down to do the Benefits of being in the EU exceed the subsidies being funded.

The remainers erroneously consider the Brexit vote was an economic vote most of the population realise they have insufficient information and knowledge to make an economic decision ( the government can’t either ) so the Brexit is really about who governs — the EU or Parliament .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't it great that we have talents such as yours about, who can sift through the bullshite, sum up the arguments and know exactly what was in the minds of the great, the good, the hoi-polloi, the lame the infirm and the buck stupid, the latter grouping constituting a massive proportion of the electorate?

It is purely an opinion of mine, not a statement of fact, but an observation based on many hours of watching political debate post-referendum, that the vast majority had no clear idea what they were voting for in any reasonable detail. Anyone who tells you differently, call them out, they are fu'cking liars. I believe the electorate in the main voted on nothing more than gut feeling, derived from their personal experiences, particularly in more deprived areas, like that shitehole Sunderland.