What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Neil F »

Solid Air wrote:Why don'y you just take the sign down Neil?
It's embedded in a wall:

Solid Air wrote:Heard another wee woman last summer at Crawfordsburn calling her little rat of a ratlike dog to come off the beach, it was called Neville. :evil:

?
Solid Air
Initiate

Post by Solid Air »

See the problem now Neil, not the sort of signage that is easily removed, but who took this photo, and did they obstruct your entrance? The Bvrns public has a rite to know, to coin that well known phrase...........
"Cheer up" he said "It could get worse", so I cheered up, and it got worse...
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

i) people who brake inexplicably on straight stretches of road
ii) people who drive slowly in the outside lane, then look all indignant if you undertake..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

browner wrote:Large, bold text!

What's that Browner? ;)
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

Im with D/L on his last point, I get angered by people who because they are doing the speeed limit belive they can police the road for everyone else by sitting in the outside lane.... not that I advocate breaking speed limits.

People who think they are a whole lot more fun than they actually are "id do anything for a laugh me"

People who grow up with the intention of being a politician

People in office environments who speak for the sole porpoise of using as many big words as they can... most annoying when they squeeze them in in the wrong places. my favourite of the morning was man talking gash about the age 'democratic' of people listening to Neil Diamond.....does every office have someone like this?

Ill leave it at that and try to be more tolerant of everyone around :evil:
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

darkside lightside wrote:i) people who brake inexplicably on straight stretches of road
that would be the on 9 points gang member, who has just spotted a binman in a fluorescent jacket three hundred yards away.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Muddy Bless wrote:Im with D/L on his last point, I get angered by people who because they are doing the speeed limit belive they can police the road for everyone else by sitting in the outside lane.... not that I advocate breaking speed limits.
Why should someone, doing the legal speed limit have to move over for someone who wants to break the law?

It really annoys me when people sit on my tail when I'm doing the speed limit - I'm not going to break the law and drive faster just so that they can, so clear off!
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

Sigh, my morals with regards speed limits are regretfully quite low, however I don't believe that any one has the right to police other road users (cept for maybe mr policeman) by sitting in the outside lane. the outside lane is there for overtaking.... it is not just the "fast lane". so unless you are moving quicker than those on the inside lane get in the inside lane.... Im a very important person thus I need to get things done in a hurry :?

I dont expect others to break the limit just because I am in a hurry but I appricate people who use both lanes rather than think, "well im in this one now Ill stick here"
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Tailgating ># ># ># just because I'm female and I drive a small car... I don't speed but I'm not a slow driver, so there's no excuse for sitting up my ar$e! I also had a run in with an aul boy driving like he had never been near a car in his life last night! My horn was put to good use. Drifting into my lane at a double roundabout- nearly went into the side of me >#

Also when people have no consideration for others' cars (slamming their door into the side of the next car). It makes my blood boil!

Rant over :)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

well for one thing i'm really talking about people who drive below the speed limit in the outside lane - e.g. at 60 on a motorway. but even if you're sat there at 70 - if there's nothing on the inside lane, then get across!! that's what they're there for!

iii) people who veer across lanes at roundabouts
iv) people who sit in the inside lane of a 2-lane road approaching a roundabout when they're heading for a turn-off that is AFTER 180 degrees, thus suddenly cutting across people in the outside lane..

and to get off the roads:
v) people who put their phones on loudspeaker to dial, and only pick it up when the other person answers

(yes i'm an angry man...)
Last edited by darkside lightside on Tue May 20, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

People driving at the legal limit in the outside lane may be positioning themselves for an imminent right turn - as I was at Knocknagoney this morning when I was flashed by some speeding eejit with a big spoiler on the back of his mobile skip. ># ># >#
Last edited by Ball Boy on Tue May 20, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
Muddy Bless
Initiate

Post by Muddy Bless »

Ball Boy wrote:People driving at the legal limit in the outside lane may be positioning themselves for an imminent right turn - as I was at Knocknagoney this morning when I was flahed by some speeding eejit with a big spoiler on the back of his mobile skip. ># ># >#

Wasn't me officer, I was busy pushing a line of cars down the motorway.

Aplogies to D/L for slightly hijacking his point and twisting it to suit myself.
bogboy
Chancellor to the King

Post by bogboy »

Why Shemal honk the horn when he was drifting in a roundabout

The driver "in front" on a roundabout has always right of way regardless of lanes

never over take in a roundabout

Pet hates

1 "R" drivers who think now they have passed the test they know everything thus have the right to

a tailgate
b pass on roundabouts
c honk horns not as a warning but as a lesser form of road rage

2 amateur rugby pundits who have little appreciation of the game

3 fat assed woman in jeans ( who make you feel sorry for the toilet seat) wear skirts please

4 tights

5 anyone who supports Man U ( com'on the Blues even though you beat the best team in the land) (this could be No1)
2B or not 2B that is the question ?
Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Post by Gemma »

Obviously I don't drive at the speed limit in the outside lane for the craic, it's only when I'm overtaking. But the point still stands that people who pull right up behind me when I'm doing so, shouldn't expect me to speed up just to suit them. The worst I had so far was a few months ago coming into Belfast on the M2; I overtook on the outside lane, and the "gentleman" behind me didn't give me time to pull into the inside lane before starting to flash his lights at me. Then proceeded to move into the inside lane, speed up past me and blast the horn at the same time. ># Ahem.

There's so many things I could point out that annoy me about driving, but I'll be restrained. For now.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

darkside lightside wrote: iii) people who veer across lanes at roundabouts
That's what happened to me last night.. Double roundabout, the old boy was in the right hand lane in the first roundabout (I was on the left to go straight on) and he veered over to the left hand lane in the 2nd roundabout to go straight on as well (when I was right beside him) so I had to brake and swerve out of the way.

After blaring my horn I could see him sit up to look in his rear view mirror as if to say "was there something I did wrong?" I drove past and gave him evils while shaking my head.. but whether he got the point was another thing. He's the sort of person who, if stopped by the police would say "I've been driving longer than you!"
:banghead:
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten