What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I abominate the clowns wandering this vile statelet in shorts in December. WTF? Wiser lacked up.

Visiting the Kitchen bar for a last swally yesterday I felt uncomfortable watching 40/50/60 years olds "bopping" about to the strains of horribly aged pop music from several decades ago. It just creeps me out, I mean I get as bladdered as the next man on occasions but save the dad dancing for weddings you old pillocks.

The fact that Ulster can never, ever get anything right. At my instigation, music was brought to the bars of Ravenhill a few seasons back. It started ok, with the prematch qunes being fairly subdued when folk, not FOLK, are meeting their pals for a chat and swally, but yesterday I marched my retinue out of the Grandstand bar as some talentless gowl was playing guitar to a series of backing tracks including women's voices as he stood alone, the volume was entirely too loud and people were truly pi$h'd off with it. Turn it down clowns, nobody gives a toss after the match but before is for chat.

Closing bars at 6:15 on a Saturday. :duh: :duh: :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
The fact that Ulster can never, ever get anything right. At my instigation, music was brought to the bars of Ravenhill a few seasons back. It started ok, with the prematch qunes being fairly subdued when folk, not FOLK, are meeting their pals for a chat and swally, but yesterday I marched my retinue out of the Grandstand bar as some talentless gowl was playing guitar to a series of backing tracks including women's voices as he stood alone, the volume was entirely too loud and people were truly pi$h'd off with it. Turn it down clowns, nobody gives a toss after the match but before is for chat.
Don't tell me there's a connection between your reasonable request and the abomination of music during breaks in play? A few bars of anything while an injury is tended to or a tmo decision is being made is just wrong. If you are in any way responsible, you're off the Christmas card list for good.

While I'm on a roll,n a similar theme, I watched a bit of the Westies in SA. How long have they been having commercial breaks DURING the match? Not at half time... during a break in play, at least I assume they had the decency to wait for a break.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Don't tell me there's a connection between your reasonable request and the abomination of music during breaks in play? A few bars of anything while an injury is tended to or a tmo decision is being made is just wrong. If you are in any way responsible, you're off the Christmas card list for good.

While I'm on a roll,n a similar theme, I watched a bit of the Westies in SA. How long have they been having commercial breaks DURING the match? Not at half time... during a break in play, at least I assume they had the decency to wait for a break.
NO Solids, that innovation was done without prior consultation with yours truly. I did perk up when I heard the old Van Morrison/ Bill Clinton epic, Days like this, but sadly I have to agree with you, all unnecessary............ but LOOK..... I did wonder was it an attempt to rein in the worst excesses of the horrible band, not The Band.

I think that would be a trade-off I could live with. To never again hear "I'll tell me Ma" would be awesome, I've grown to hate it. It may surprise some but the "Belfast City" is just a local adaptation and the horrible thing is thought but not proven to have originated in Lionelland, albeit it appears only Irish artists/Influenced artist have ever recorded it, including sadly, the aforementioned Sir George Ivan Morrison.

As for the Road to Amarillo, or as we call it in Spain Amarillo, translating to yellow, Christ sur une bicyclette, I loathe it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Michelle Obama saying she hopes to 'change the mindset of men'. >#
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:Michelle Obama saying she hopes to 'change the mindset of men'. >#
She's not having much luck with your friends in the KKK.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46466178
It's painful to realise that, while I thought I was self-aware, I had actually internalised the dominant male agenda that asks us to defend it no matter what, protect it no matter what, baby it no matter what.
That's great, Lena. Thanks. >ECNF
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

WeeWorld wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46466178
It's painful to realise that, while I thought I was self-aware, I had actually internalised the dominant male agenda that asks us to defend it no matter what, protect it no matter what, baby it no matter what.
That's great, Lena. Thanks. >ECNF
I get the impression women annoy you?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

shamalicious wrote:I get the impression women annoy you?
So I quoted Michelle Obama and Lena Dunham and straight away you imply that "women" annoy me.
Now assuming that I think all women are the same, that's annoying.
But then that's how Obama and Dunham also seem to feel about men, that "we" are all the same and need changing or some bullshit like that.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

WeeWorld wrote:B0LL0X
“I’ve had a good working relation with some local DUP elected representatives and grassroots members of the party, and work alongside them on various community forums - but the party’s stance on equal marriage doesn’t sit well with us, so their elected representatives will be banned from the cafe we're planning if we raise the money in our crowdfunder to open it," Mr Junk said.

“For the avoidance of doubt, their elected representatives won’t be banned from the bookshop as such a ban would have little effect. I think I'm right in saying that in over 4 years of us being open, not one of their elected representatives have darkened our door outside of election time.”
Feck but that is pathetic.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:B0LL0X
“I’ve had a good working relation with some local DUP elected representatives and grassroots members of the party, and work alongside them on various community forums - but the party’s stance on equal marriage doesn’t sit well with us, so their elected representatives will be banned from the cafe we're planning if we raise the money in our crowdfunder to open it," Mr Junk said.

“For the avoidance of doubt, their elected representatives won’t be banned from the bookshop as such a ban would have little effect. I think I'm right in saying that in over 4 years of us being open, not one of their elected representatives have darkened our door outside of election time.”
Feck but that is pathetic.
Of course, it's pathetic but given the hated DUPers are involved, I heartily approve. My enemy's enemies are my friends, albeit we may make odd bedfellows. That said, being as gay as the next man, I wonder if Mr Junk's junk is impressive? Hard to beat a fatboy up the jaxie when an itch needs a scratch. :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Moronic householders who think their house should be like a disco for several weeks per year. No regard paid to or consideration given to the poor souls who have epileptic fits as they pass their houses with 200000 lights flashing at manic pace.
Selfish cùnts, I hope at least a few cannot pay their Lecky bill and become homeless in the new year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Moronic householders who think their house should be like a disco for several weeks per year. No regard paid to or consideration given to the poor souls who have epileptic fits as they pass their houses with 200000 lights flashing at manic pace.
Selfish cùnts, I hope at least a few cannot pay their Lecky bill and become homeless in the new year.
Them bloody pagans celebrating yuletide. The Christian's don't need lights or trees. They give all their stuff to the poor and feed the hungry. Don't they?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Moronic householders who think their house should be like a disco for several weeks per year. No regard paid to or consideration given to the poor souls who have epileptic fits as they pass their houses with 200000 lights flashing at manic pace.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

George F*cking Ezra, the latest in a long line of bland anodyne musical bores that seem to dominate the wireless.

What's wrong with the people that buy this shyte?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall