What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Speaking of God, my daughter's best friend was visiting a friend in Finland last week and bizarrely her cheapest flight was via Rome so she arranged a few days in Rome on the way back. She rarely touches alcohol so that does not explain what happened to her. She went to the Vatican and whilst in the Cistine Chapel suddenly felt ill and though she tried to get out, she threw up rings round herself. I can only assume that the church will have thought it, God's will, for although 2 uniformed chappies hustled her out of the chapel, they were actually very kind to her when they got to a less important spot.

Truly the Lord works in bloody mysterious ways.
Fadó fadó she probably would have been nailed up for such reprehensible behaviour inside God's Funhouse. Truly the Catholic Church is moving forward.
IIRC being nailed up is a blessing!
INRI surely?
>appl >appl >appl >appl

(but only to those who believe ...... and surely you meant shirley ..... I mean shirley you meant shirley ..... or summat like that)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I've just finished reading a book on Amazon Kindle. A screen came up on which the nice people asked me to review the book. Fair enough. But after 'Would you like to renew this book?' came '( as Solidarity)' I only use this name on this UAFC forum so how did they come to invite me to use it? Is nothing sacred?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Someone getting upset is more important than free speech. Erosion of freedom step by step will set human civilisation on the path of regression. Sad.
“We had booked this event based entirely on his excellent new book on science when we didn’t know he had offended and hurt – in his tweets and other comments on Islam – so many people,” KPFA told ticket buyers in an email.

“While KPFA emphatically supports serious free speech, we do not support abusive speech. We apologise for not having had broader knowledge of Dawkins’s views much earlier.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54751.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ever been behing someone at the bar, spitting feathers, when a naive and poorly trained barman allows them to taste the ale before they buy?

What is that all about?

Have they never tasted beer before?

Do they do that with every single pint they by?

It takes me 4 or 5 pints on any given night to decide whether i like it or not.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:Ever been behing someone at the bar, spitting feathers, when a naive and poorly trained barman allows them to taste the ale before they buy?

What is that all about?

To be fair, ordering a pint is becoming increasingly difficult. The choice is bewildering in some bars. Back in the day it was Bass/Smithwicks, Tennants/Harp and Guinness. :stout:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I admit to occasionally being bewildered at the range of bog roll in the supermarket but I don't insist on wiping my Brennan with it before I'll buy any.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Someone getting upset is more important than free speech. Erosion of freedom step by step will set human civilisation on the path of regression. Sad.
“We had booked this event based entirely on his excellent new book on science when we didn’t know he had offended and hurt – in his tweets and other comments on Islam – so many people,” KPFA told ticket buyers in an email.

“While KPFA emphatically supports serious free speech, we do not support abusive speech. We apologise for not having had broader knowledge of Dawkins’s views much earlier.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54751.html
Interesting priorities. I spotted this on the same page as the article. "Man ‘sentenced to death for atheism’ in Saudi Arabia", maybe that would be more irrelevant as something to get your panties in a bunch about, I fu'cking hate Saudi, it disgusts me that Britain noses around their nutsack.

Dawkins or Saudi Fu'cking Arabia .................. let me think, who is the more reprehensible? I guess the offended Muslims of Saudi can kiss my ring. I agree with everything that I've heard Dawkins say about Islam, the regression from simple intolerance of others to downright violent fundamentalism is there to see in the Middle East and elsewhere, though of course not everywhere. Anyone who doesn't must have been asleep for 10 years. Time to wake up sleeping beauties. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Ever been behing someone at the bar, spitting feathers, when a naive and poorly trained barman allows them to taste the ale before they buy?

What is that all about?

To be fair, ordering a pint is becoming increasingly difficult. The choice is bewildering in some bars. Back in the day it was Bass/Smithwicks, Tennants/Harp and Guinness. :stout:
Hence so many Genius drinkers, the rest of that list is muck. :stout: :stout: :stout:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Indeed Baggy, Saudi is rotten and dangerous and facilitated by the arms producing western powers. I expect savagery, hatred and denial of rights and freedom from them. I have rather higher expectations of free countries and their people.....yes even those who consider Saudi an ally. Maybe I should lower my expectations.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

They've taken the yella wans out of Opal Fruits. :evil:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Fear not Merv, when China takes over the World, and not even our own Leader can stop them, they'll reinstate them.

It's not every forum which has low level racism at 1.34 am
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:They've taken the yella wans out of Opal Fruits. :evil:
Have to say, good riddance. Never liked the yella ones meself. On the other hand, serious questions need asked. Have the yellas been replaced by another colour? Have the other colours taken the empty places where the yellas used to be? Is the packet now just smaller? We need answers.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just bought a beg of red ones. The rest are kuntz.

#redpower
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The yellow added some variety

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:
big mervyn wrote:They've taken the yella wans out of Opal Fruits. :evil:
Have to say, good riddance. Never liked the yella ones meself. On the other hand, serious questions need asked. Have the yellas been replaced by another colour? Have the other colours taken the empty places where the yellas used to be? Is the packet now just smaller? We need answers.
The green ones are now called lemon and lime.
Big Neville Southall