Where roughly is the Olympic Torch now mate?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Where roughly is the Olympic Torch now mate?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Latest info here for the 2018 Special Olympics current Torch Run - https://irelandgames.ie/torchrun/

Thanks Mike, now fu'ck off. :thumleft: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

First info here for 2020 Torch - https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/torch/
Further updates to follow.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

And for those of you unable to open the link I can inform you that the Torch Procession starts on 26th March 2020 and lasts 121 days.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

The Torch is currently on a plane somewhere between Athens and Matsushima Air Base. Let the Relay commence. Useful link - https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... kyo-athens

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looks like this could be the pinnacle of sporting interest for the next few months.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Team GBrexit not exactly setting the world alight 😂
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The swimming pools are filled with loyalist tears. Team GB? What about our wee sh1thole?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 am The swimming pools are filled with loyalist tears. Team GB? What about our wee sh1thole?
I sort of understand the marketing guys using TeamGB as a device, but i think I'm right in saying that this is the first games where they have dropped the '&NI' from the name of the country on the broadcast titles, etc.The BOC are very much failing in their theoretical representation of NI, and as a result I will be supporting the refugee team only.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Th'Olympics - a collection of (mainly) daft minority sports that no one gives a flying feck about for 3 years 11 months and 10 days untill the jolly hockey sticks brigade at the Beeb whips them up into a nationalistic fervour. Some similarity with the Lions - rugby's version of Bob Holness's Blockbusters where we ponder if 4 is better than one?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

big mervyn wrote:Th'Olympics - a collection of (mainly) daft minority sports that no one gives a flying feck about for 3 years 11 months and 10 days untill the jolly hockey sticks brigade at the Beeb whips them up into a nationalistic fervour. Some similarity with the Lions - rugby's version of Bob Holness's Blockbusters where we ponder if 4 is better than one?
You mention the BBC but apparently many people have failed to realise that they can only broadcast 2 live events simultaneously so many people's favourite sports are hidden behind a paywall.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

waggonsroll wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 am
big mervyn wrote:Th'Olympics - a collection of (mainly) daft minority sports that no one gives a flying feck about for 3 years 11 months and 10 days untill the jolly hockey sticks brigade at the Beeb whips them up into a nationalistic fervour. Some similarity with the Lions - rugby's version of Bob Holness's Blockbusters where we ponder if 4 is better than one?
You mention the BBC but apparently many people have failed to realise that they can only broadcast 2 live events simultaneously so many people's favourite sports are hidden behind a paywall.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk
Aye. I do miss those 24 channels we had when Lahndan was hosting. Looks as if I'll have to give the fencing and Greco-Roman wrasslin' a miss this year. :roll: :lol:
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:23 pm

I sort of understand the marketing guys using TeamGB as a device, but i think I'm right in saying that this is the first games where they have dropped the '&NI' from the name of the country on the broadcast titles, etc.The BOC are very much failing in their theoretical representation of NI, and as a result I will be supporting the refugee team only.
24 of N.I.'s 31 Olympians are representing Ireland.
Big Neville Southall
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Eurosport are also providing free coverage and have an additional 7 channels in the 983-989 range on Sky.

:thumleft:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Fair enough. We understand the many reasons for that.
Personal choice, the structure of ttheir sport's governance, funding, convenience (relative), less competition, ...

This does not remove the fact that unlike many of the sports, the BOC is supposed to represent the UK. But are now going by the name 'Great Britain' almost everywhere.

Can you imagine the unrest, were they to just call themselves 'England'?

Either siht or get off the pot!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Oh if you mean I should be supporting RoI, believe me I was shouting at the tele yesterday for the Irish swimmers. That's the only thing I've 'actively' watched so far in this games.
www.stoutboys.co.uk