# MeToo

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: # MeToo

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Needless to say, at no stage did I mention the war.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I fear I am becoming like one of the "unfortunate men" in so far as I am really struggling to enjoy sport at present, Utd are dung, Ulster are dung, McIroy is dung, thatbastard Woods is threatening a comeback, cycling & athletics is choc full of cheatingbastards, in short, nothing much to enjoy unless accompanied by copious amounts of drink. Can't wait to get some decent Genius, Ned's may be visited very early, though I'm likely to visit the assembled loons and misfits in the Ava since I'll be setting up camp not too far away. Fieltys would be better if it's not pouring constantly, a pleasant 28 degrees here I suspect is unlikely unless its Fartenheight. >EW

My greatest sporting joy this weekend apart from Utd's comeback was the defeat of Dublin scumbag McGregor, the GLIA. Hope he dies soon.
You would be f-cked if you had nothing to whinge about. Tis all that keeps ya going ya old goat!
There could be something in what you say. :lol: mind you I was in a fancy gents outfitters looking for something light when the weather eventually drops below 20°C, I was much amused by a mixed party of Germans. Everyone of the feckers had got dressed in the dark, not a hint of sartorial elegance. Füçk Sadie I roared.

Still they appeared to be knocking out a fine time, bless'em my European brethren. :thumleft:
Was at an Oktoberfest event in Orihuela Costa last week with some German chums - lederhosen and all (the Germans, not me). Actually thinking of learning a bit of Deutsch. A lot of the time it would be more useful than Spanish :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I fear I am becoming like one of the "unfortunate men" in so far as I am really struggling to enjoy sport at present, Utd are dung, Ulster are dung, McIroy is dung, thatbastard Woods is threatening a comeback, cycling & athletics is choc full of cheatingbastards, in short, nothing much to enjoy unless accompanied by copious amounts of drink. Can't wait to get some decent Genius, Ned's may be visited very early, though I'm likely to visit the assembled loons and misfits in the Ava since I'll be setting up camp not too far away. Fieltys would be better if it's not pouring constantly, a pleasant 28 degrees here I suspect is unlikely unless its Fartenheight. >EW

My greatest sporting joy this weekend apart from Utd's comeback was the defeat of Dublin scumbag McGregor, the GLIA. Hope he dies soon.
You would be f-cked if you had nothing to whinge about. Tis all that keeps ya going ya old goat!
There could be something in what you say. Image mind you I was in a fancy gents outfitters looking for something light when the weather eventually drops below 20°C, I was much amused by a mixed party of Germans. Everyone of the feckers had got dressed in the dark, not a hint of sartorial elegance. Füçk Sadie I roared.

Still they appeared to be knocking out a fine time, bless'em my European brethren. :thumleft:
Was at an Oktoberfest event in Orihuela Costa last week with some German chums - lederhosen and all (the Germans, not me). Actually thinking of learning a bit of Deutsch. A lot of the time it would be more useful than Spanish Image
Stimmt.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I was at Auschwitz last weekend, the Germans came across none too well.

Some referred to them as Küntz

Harrowing experience
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

222toHounslow wrote:I was at Auschwitz last weekend, the Germans came across none too well.

Some referred to them as Küntz
Decent centre forward.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

British billionaire Sir Philip Green has named in parliament as the businessman accused of sexual harassment, racist abuse and bullying in the latest #MeToo scandal.

A story published in The Telegraph this week, outlining the allegations, did not name him due to an injunction secured by the businessman.

But the founder of Topshop was named this afternoon in the House of Lords by Peter Hain under parliamentary privilege.

The Labour peer said he felt that it was his "duty" to name Green, as it is "clearly in the public interest".

It may be in the public interest if he is actually guilty but I think this may be a case of abusing parliamentary privilege.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
British billionaire Sir Philip Green has named in parliament as the businessman accused of sexual harassment, racist abuse and bullying in the latest #MeToo scandal.

A story published in The Telegraph this week, outlining the allegations, did not name him due to an injunction secured by the businessman.

But the founder of Topshop was named this afternoon in the House of Lords by Peter Hain under parliamentary privilege.

The Labour peer said he felt that it was his "duty" to name Green, as it is "clearly in the public interest".

It may be in the public interest if he is actually guilty but I think this may be a case of abusing parliamentary privilege.
I disagree. It is completely in the public interest to get this into the public domain. Pension robbing slimeball.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote:

I disagree. It is completely in the public interest to get this into the public domain. Pension robbing slimeball.
Correct Merv, surprised at you Shan, this man is as close as you will get to a robber baron who can get away with anything because he has the personal wealth to do so. He was attempting to obtain the best justice that money can buy but that you or I could not.

I applaud Peter Hain, many may not like him, but for me, he has a long history of doing what he believed to be morally correct ............. for a politician, for none of them can escape the fact that if they've held high office, they have probably done things, perhaps under security service advice, that they may have found reprehensible.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Coleraine RFC fined £5,000 for 'vile and sustained' sexist abuse of female referee

A leaked report has shown that Coleraine Rugby club has been fined £5,000 by the IRFU’s Ulster branch for "sustained, vile, sexist abuse" directed by a small group of supporters towards a female referee.

BBC News Northern Ireland has published the report based on the six-page document written by referee Grainne Crabtree on the "tirade of profanities and sexual remarks" she was subjected to back in March when she oversaw a game between Coleraine and Dromore RFC in the Ulster Rugby Championship.

Crabtree details how four men continued the tirade of abuse for the full 80 minutes, leaving her feel "anxious and unsettled".

"Yo, you slag, you're a f***ing disgrace, you slag," was just one example of the language used.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Correct Merv, surprised at you Shan, this man is as close as you will get to a robber baron who can get away with anything because he has the personal wealth to do so. He was attempting to obtain the best justice that money can buy but that you or I could not.
To be honest I don't know anything about that Philip Green. I was just throwing it out there. I do agree with the rest of what you've said here.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Coleraine RFC fined £5,000 for 'vile and sustained' sexist abuse of female referee

A leaked report has shown that Coleraine Rugby club has been fined £5,000 by the IRFU’s Ulster branch for "sustained, vile, sexist abuse" directed by a small group of supporters towards a female referee.

BBC News Northern Ireland has published the report based on the six-page document written by referee Grainne Crabtree on the "tirade of profanities and sexual remarks" she was subjected to back in March when she oversaw a game between Coleraine and Dromore RFC in the Ulster Rugby Championship.

Crabtree details how four men continued the tirade of abuse for the full 80 minutes, leaving her feel "anxious and unsettled".

"Yo, you slag, you're a f***ing disgrace, you slag," was just one example of the language used.
This would have been the right thread for it but you'll find a discussion on Warren Gatland of the Week, a thread now past its sell-by date with this weeks edition due to launch in about 6 hours.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
To be honest I don't know anything about that Philip Green. I was just throwing it out there. I do agree with the rest of what you've said here.
Amongst his achievements is draining the BHS pension fund then selling it to a man in clownshoes with not a lulu about business and of course, it went bust. He was also censured in 1984 - yes an utter cun't that long ago and yet still lauded and given a knighthood, for allowing the pension scheme of a company he was involved in to buy a luxury property at a heavily inflated price from a friend. Perhaps just about legal but disgracefully dishonest. He was the top man at Carilion when despite being "too big to fail" and up to its neck on govt contracts, it tanked.

This is the sort of individual we are supposed to look up to and asmire.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Amongst his achievements is draining the BHS pension fund then selling it to a man in clownshoes with not a lulu about business and of course, it went bust. He was also censured in 1984 - yes an utter cun't that long ago and yet still lauded and given a knighthood, for allowing the pension scheme of a company he was involved in to buy a luxury property at a heavily inflated price from a friend. Perhaps just about legal but disgracefully dishonest. He was the top man at Carilion when despite being "too big to fail" and up to its neck on govt contracts, it tanked.

This is the sort of individual we are supposed to look up to and asmire.
A thoroughly unpleasant chap by all accounts. However would naming the injunction holder have been in the public interest if he were an altogether wonderful philanthropist with a track record of saving kittens? Or would it remain for the courts to decide in that case?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:However would naming the injunction holder have been in the public interest if he were an altogether wonderful philanthropist with a track record of saving kittens? Or would it remain for the courts to decide in that case?
Somebody like Rolf Harris?
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:However would naming the injunction holder have been in the public interest if he were an altogether wonderful philanthropist with a track record of saving kittens? Or would it remain for the courts to decide in that case?
Somebody like Rolf Harris?
Aye, somebody like Rolf but without the criminal record.
www.stoutboys.co.uk