Freedom of Speech

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Freedom of Speech

Post by Russ »

Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Freedom of Speech

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

No such thing now, well you can say anything about anyone or anything but you may then get arrested later.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

No such thing now, well you can say anything about anyone or anything but you may then get arrested later.
Can't even out two words together in a particular order without being dragged in front of the courts

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Well if you gave people a clue what the story is you might get a response...
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:

Well if you gave people a clue what the story is you might get a response...
Might be an Ulster Rugby story on their homepage
Might also be a Tommy Robinson story on their homepage
Might not be

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You part of the gammon, Russ?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Does prosecuting this person not simply confirm that said individual was correct?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I like freedom of speech.
I also like the ability of the court to enforce confidentiality where there are people who are not responsible enough to exercise their freedoms.
I often question the use of the court's power where it seems to be used for the convenience of the court and not simply to allow due process.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

He's been named by the feminazis

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone want to summarise the issue here, too warm to be bothered searching.

However, if it relates to anti-semitism in the Labour Party, I for one am fed up with the "poor me" wailings from a loud section of the Jewish Community.

It is insanity to suggest that any criticism of the state of Israel, a terrorist state in my opinion, who butcher Arabs in the middle east with complete impunity, thanks to their paymasters the USA, who fund them to the tune of €4.2 Billion annually, 75% of which is spent on American armaments, is antisemitic. Israel escapes censure at the United Nations for their many war crimes, simply and only because USA blocks all & any attempts to call them to book. Israel has also broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

I'm fed up with the current campaign in two ways, 1) the 5x2s think they have Labour & Jezza on the run - they do - & 2) because they are crying foul in support of a heinous murdering regime.

However, if this bullshite is about some other shyte, somebody clarify for I can't be doing with fools starting a thread with an absence of clarity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Anyone want to summarise the issue here, too warm to be bothered searching.

However, if it relates to anti-semitism in the Labour Party, I for one am fed up with the "poor me" wailings from a loud section of the Jewish Community.

It is insanity to suggest that any criticism of the state of Israel, a terrorist state in my opinion, who butcher Arabs in the middle east with complete impunity, thanks to their paymasters the USA, who fund them to the tune of €4.2 Billion annually, 75% of which is spent on American armaments, is antisemitic. Israel escapes censure at the United Nations for their many war crimes, simply and only because USA blocks all & any attempts to call them to book. Israel has also broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

I'm fed up with the current campaign in two ways, 1) the 5x2s think they have Labour & Jezza on the run - they do - & 2) because they are crying foul in support of a heinous murdering regime.

However, if this bullshite is about some other shyte, somebody clarify for I can't be doing with fools starting a thread with an absence of clarity.
The Feminazis got upset that she of PJ fame was so called outed on the twitters

The feminazis then doxxed the man and he's been arrested

They also tried to ruin some other fellas life

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So something to do with folk without foreskins getting annoyed but not Israeli sympathisers.

Did it report what the chap called Ms Doran? "Lying back to front", by any chance?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

What is freedom of speech , is it only free if you agree with it.

Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote: Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.
Is that for the Hop-on Hop-off bus?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote: Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.
Is that for the Hop-on Hop-off bus?
Ale wager that a stout fellow like you would need a porter to help get your lager than normal frame on and off that bus - so definitely not hop-on/hop-off!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: