Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 6 registered, 1 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], ding dong2u, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 647839
Total topics 19019
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

Birthdays

Congratulations to: PhilstuckinEdinburgh (37)

Freedom of Speech

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Freedom of Speech

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Rooster » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No such thing now, well you can say anything about anyone or anything but you may then get arrested later.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39522
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No such thing now, well you can say anything about anyone or anything but you may then get arrested later.
Can't even out two words together in a particular order without being dragged in front of the courts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Well if you gave people a clue what the story is you might get a response...
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11545
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:Given today's news in the Guardian (that I won't link). What do we all think of freedom of speech?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Well if you gave people a clue what the story is you might get a response...
Might be an Ulster Rugby story on their homepage
Might also be a Tommy Robinson story on their homepage
Might not be

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:32 pm

You part of the gammon, Russ?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16961
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Does prosecuting this person not simply confirm that said individual was correct?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16961
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby BR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:55 pm

I like freedom of speech.
I also like the ability of the court to enforce confidentiality where there are people who are not responsible enough to exercise their freedoms.
I often question the use of the court's power where it seems to be used for the convenience of the court and not simply to allow due process.
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16855
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 pm

He's been named by the feminazis

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Anyone want to summarise the issue here, too warm to be bothered searching.

However, if it relates to anti-semitism in the Labour Party, I for one am fed up with the "poor me" wailings from a loud section of the Jewish Community.

It is insanity to suggest that any criticism of the state of Israel, a terrorist state in my opinion, who butcher Arabs in the middle east with complete impunity, thanks to their paymasters the USA, who fund them to the tune of €4.2 Billion annually, 75% of which is spent on American armaments, is antisemitic. Israel escapes censure at the United Nations for their many war crimes, simply and only because USA blocks all & any attempts to call them to book. Israel has also broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

I'm fed up with the current campaign in two ways, 1) the 5x2s think they have Labour & Jezza on the run - they do - & 2) because they are crying foul in support of a heinous murdering regime.

However, if this bullshite is about some other shyte, somebody clarify for I can't be doing with fools starting a thread with an absence of clarity.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29222
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Anyone want to summarise the issue here, too warm to be bothered searching.

However, if it relates to anti-semitism in the Labour Party, I for one am fed up with the "poor me" wailings from a loud section of the Jewish Community.

It is insanity to suggest that any criticism of the state of Israel, a terrorist state in my opinion, who butcher Arabs in the middle east with complete impunity, thanks to their paymasters the USA, who fund them to the tune of €4.2 Billion annually, 75% of which is spent on American armaments, is antisemitic. Israel escapes censure at the United Nations for their many war crimes, simply and only because USA blocks all & any attempts to call them to book. Israel has also broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

I'm fed up with the current campaign in two ways, 1) the 5x2s think they have Labour & Jezza on the run - they do - & 2) because they are crying foul in support of a heinous murdering regime.

However, if this bullshite is about some other shyte, somebody clarify for I can't be doing with fools starting a thread with an absence of clarity.
The Feminazis got upset that she of PJ fame was so called outed on the twitters

The feminazis then doxxed the man and he's been arrested

They also tried to ruin some other fellas life

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27756
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

So something to do with folk without foreskins getting annoyed but not Israeli sympathisers.

Did it report what the chap called Ms Doran? "Lying back to front", by any chance?
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29222
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby Kofi Annan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:41 am

What is freedom of speech , is it only free if you agree with it.

Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6727
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby BR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:42 am

Kofi Annan wrote:Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.


Is that for the Hop-on Hop-off bus?
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16855
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Freedom of Speech

Postby pwrmoore » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Off topic I know , but where is the beer river near the Beersbridge Road bus stop.


Is that for the Hop-on Hop-off bus?


Ale wager that a stout fellow like you would need a porter to help get your lager than normal frame on and off that bus - so definitely not hop-on/hop-off!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11545
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

cron
!-- Piwik -->