Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 29 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Dave, Flipper, Google [Bot], Jackie Brown, Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot, stev1eG


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657887
Total topics 19120
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

the hockey

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: the hockey

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: the hockey

Postby UlsterAddict » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I liked the Irish coaches comment in the post match interview. Said they had been asking the Dutch for a match for the last 3 years, but the Dutch refused (the Irish not deemed good enough). Coach- ‘If the Durch win their semi later, they won’t have a choice tomorrow!!’
User avatar
UlsterAddict
Novice
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Re: the hockey

Postby armalig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:10 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?


Ah dear El toro Baggy .. can’t u just be a little bit pleased for a group of amateur under dogs doing the business in the green shirts . Shows u what a collective group of determination and belief can do for a squad ... it wud be one of the biggest sporting upsets and achievements of Irish sporting history If they cud overturn the (likely) Dutch tomorrow ... they are in my eyes already treading that historic pathway ...COME ON IRELAND
User avatar
armalig
Novice
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: the hockey

Postby big mervyn » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:17 pm

solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.

Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10656
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: the hockey

Postby armalig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:26 pm

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.

Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87

Now that “sport” is a load of balls :lol:
User avatar
armalig
Novice
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: the hockey

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:01 pm

armalig wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.

Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87

Now that “sport” is a load of balls :lol:

Not quite so many balls, but Ireland have at least 4 times reached the final of the Men's Golf World Cup, winning twice and being runners-up twice.

Well done to Ireland anyway.

>appl >appl >appl
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13130
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: the hockey

Postby big mervyn » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
armalig wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.

Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87

Now that “sport” is a load of balls :lol:

Not quite so many balls, but Ireland have at least 4 times reached the final of the Men's Golf World Cup, winning twice and being runners-up twice.

Well done to Ireland anyway.

>appl >appl >appl

Maybe they mean "real sports" where you have to perspire a bit … although, to be fair, playing on the same team as Alec Higgins would bring plenty of people out in a sweat :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10656
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: the hockey

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 pm

armalig wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?


Ah dear El toro Baggy .. can’t u just be a little bit pleased for a group of amateur under dogs doing the business in the green shirts . Shows u what a collective group of determination and belief can do for a squad ... it wud be one of the biggest sporting upsets and achievements of Irish sporting history If they cud overturn the (likely) Dutch tomorrow ... they are in my eyes already treading that historic pathway ...COME ON IRELAND


Just asking Lig, genuine question, given I assume whoever they face will be huge favourites and the final is likely to be a gimme.

I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

I justed can't get excited with anything in green these days, indeed I find it hard not to wish for a bloody good hiding for teams involving anyone from the Greater Dublin Area a.k.a the vicious tweeting harridan dominated Banana Republic of Fu'cking Ireland. And not an ounce of sectarianism in that, just ongoing disgust since the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland sacked Paddy & Stu and the FIRFUCs sold them out for a few euros to Connacht from said bankofbastards and not one teammate spoke out, no concerted action such as the Lionels have done in the past. Nada. I'm through with PaddyBastards, but not Paddy Jackson.

Just makes me sick and very anti-green. So damn all to do with these doubtlessly fragrant ladies, I'd like to wish them well, I just can't because they play for Fuc'king Ireland.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: the hockey

Postby Shan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:31 pm

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.

Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87



They must never have heard of rowing either.


Anyway hockey is a load of old w-nk. I'd rather ram a hockey stick up my own hole than sit through a match. Still though fair play to them. They've exceeded all expectations. Even in their wildest dreams they probably didn't think they'd get anywhere near the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10885
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: the hockey

Postby Shan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:34 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

I justed can't get excited with anything in green these days, indeed I find it hard not to wish for a bloody good hiding for teams involving anyone from the Greater Dublin Area a.k.a the vicious tweeting harridan dominated Banana Republic of Fu'cking Ireland. And not an ounce of sectarianism in that, just ongoing disgust since the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland sacked Paddy & Stu and the FIRFUCs sold them out for a few euros to Connacht from said bankofbastards and not one teammate spoke out, no concerted action such as the Lionels have done in the past. Nada. I'm through with PaddyBastards, but not Paddy Jackson.

Just makes me sick and very anti-green. So damn all to do with these doubtlessly fragrant ladies, I'd like to wish them well, I just can't because they play for Fuc'king Ireland.


You could do with some new material Baggy. You can be entertaining but yer wasting yer talent on this tired routine......just saying like.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10885
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: the hockey

Postby Shan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:36 pm

big mervyn wrote:Maybe they mean "real sports" where you have to perspire a bit … although, to be fair, playing on the same team as Alec Higgins would bring plenty of people out in a sweat :lol:


Ever play snooker with a hangover Mervyn? Tis tough going.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10885
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: the hockey

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

I justed can't get excited with anything in green these days, indeed I find it hard not to wish for a bloody good hiding for teams involving anyone from the Greater Dublin Area a.k.a the vicious tweeting harridan dominated Banana Republic of Fu'cking Ireland. And not an ounce of sectarianism in that, just ongoing disgust since the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland sacked Paddy & Stu and the FIRFUCs sold them out for a few euros to Connacht from said bankofbastards and not one teammate spoke out, no concerted action such as the Lionels have done in the past. Nada. I'm through with PaddyBastards, but not Paddy Jackson.

Just makes me sick and very anti-green. So damn all to do with these doubtlessly fragrant ladies, I'd like to wish them well, I just can't because they play for Fuc'king Ireland.


You could do with some new material Baggy. You can be entertaining but yer wasting yer talent on this tired routine......just saying like.


Bullshit, the new Connacht money from the BankofBastards was the payoff, that is this weeks news. Meanwhile not one of the vile bitches on Twitter who libelled Peter Jackson, has the slightest interest in the fallout, mouthy bitches, the bitches who scared the living bejaysus out of the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland to insist on the sackings and end my interest in Ireland's rugby team.

Cold day in hell before I move on Bogman.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30150
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: the hockey

Postby WeeWorld » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:19 am

Imagine if Baggytrousers was in charge of the IRFU! >happyparty >elvis >6shooter >minigun >flog >TM >sniper >skull >skull >skull >skull
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: the hockey

Postby Kofi Annan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Where do most of the players hail from
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Re: the hockey

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Ireland
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18575
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->