Wimbledon 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Wimbledon 2018

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote: Great point Billie Jean King or someone just made in commentary about the superb fitness levels of the modern woman tennis player.
I mean to beat a working mum in an 18 game tennis marathon final is nothing short of an Herculean effort.
Or whoever the female equivalent of Hercules was.
Fatima Whitbread?
Maybe you should go in for the mixed doubles. See how you get on. :D
I could just play with myself couldn't I?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Thankfully just back in Espana away from those heinous Orangebastards, not a musical note in their heads, all dominated by some hateful fatfu'ck with a big drum batin' it's living Jesus out with neither rhythm, rhyme nor good reason, it's intent seemingly simply to annoy any passing Fenians & me.

I acquired the Torygraph for just 1p more than the bottle of Evian so kept the sports section, speed read the front page &put the rest in the nearest bin but I did notice the men's semi-final which appears set a record?

My question to the class is this: if weemin played a match of that length would either player spontaneously combust and for your bonus, how many in the crowd would still be there at the end?

Liz your retort in the previous post is amongst the best posts I've seen this long and many's the day. I'd go into paroxysms and gush a lot more like some of our newly created twatposters or D4 but I suspect my message is clear. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The men's semi finals were both great spectacles

The women's final was 1 hour and 10 minutes of grunting with little fight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk