FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by big mervyn »

Seemed to be a wile lot of Croatians in Donegal last night :lol
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Hardly worth watching, the Frogs are drab by design,
Bullsh1t.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Modric has spoken of how the comments of the media/pundits galvanised them. Sometimes people should just STFU. They will never learn.
More or less what Keano said to the great irritation of that bellend whatshishandle who used to be a fitba'er, black chap, very stupid, you know the one, all ar$e and trousers, talks ballix.
Heard a debate on talk sport about the FA not inviting the 66 team to the final BEFORE the semi.
Let's be clear that I dont believe the actual side thinks like that but the supporters and media are all part of the set up as far as I'm concerned.
It's that sort of rhetoric that always makes England a very difficult country to support.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: More or less what Keano said to the great irritation of that bellend whatshishandle who used to be a fitba'er, black chap, very stupid, you know the one, all ar$e and trousers, talks ballix.
Ian Wright. Extremely dumb individual. I don't have ITV but one of the lads was telling me he was losing it big time with Keane. Keane would know well what a fool this guy is and knows well how to wind him up. :D
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: More or less what Keano said to the great irritation of that bellend whatshishandle who used to be a fitba'er, black chap, very stupid, you know the one, all ar$e and trousers, talks ballix.
Ian Wright. Extremely dumb individual. I don't have ITV but one of the lads was telling me he was losing it big time with Keane. Keane would know well what a fool this guy is and knows well how to wind him up. :D
Here it is......

http://www.the42.ie/roy-keane-ian-wrigh ... 6-Jul2018/

Wright took the bait faster than a UAFC poster.

Wright doing impersonations of Keanes accent, if it had of been shoe on other foot it would have been a whole race brad pitt storm.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

England are hard to support for anyone holding a British Passport and are not English .

Hijack the the British National Anthem,British Television Companies and British Press for a start . Then to compound the situation even the most limited talented player on any team is elevated to World Class .

On this occasion Southgate has a element of humility which is rare in the English and the team had only a couple of egos out of control .

Their major failing was the inability to convert chances to goals and failing to keep the opposition out of the box .

But the fact remains their progress in the Competition maintained the interest.

In truth there has been little attractive football most playing cross field shuffle ball both in attack and defence with the French having the best across field shuffle defence and the ability to kick ball beyond the opposition defence and into space for their front players to chase .

Proving the old truth if you can defend you are always in with a chance to win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: Hardly worth watching, the Frogs are drab by design,
Bullsh1t.
OK Bogman, talk me through how great France are. I'll give you a start:

- struggled to get past mighty Australia 2-1, Beat the mighty Peruvian Pub Team 1-0, bored the living sweet Jesus out of the fitba world in an honourable 0-0 with Baconland, then produced their freak game 4-3 over the Ancient Argies before a decent but boring 2-0 against U'ragay and a less than convincing 1-0 over the more interesting Belgique.

So, batter on Bogger, tell me how they get you all excited and your panties in a bunch. G'wan. :roll: I'm waiting....
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Wright took the bait faster than a UAFC poster.

Wright doing impersonations of Keanes accent, if it had of been shoe on other foot it would have been a whole race brad pitt storm.
Correct. He really is a fool.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Still waiting Bogger............
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: OK Bogman, talk me through how great France are. I'll give you a start:

- struggled to get past mighty Australia 2-1, Beat the mighty Peruvian Pub Team 1-0, bored the living sweet Jesus out of the fitba world in an honourable 0-0 with Baconland, then produced their freak game 4-3 over the Ancient Argies before a decent but boring 2-0 against U'ragay and a less than convincing 1-0 over the more interesting Belgique.

So, batter on Bogger, tell me how they get you all excited and your panties in a bunch. G'wan. :roll: I'm waiting....
Well I've enjoyed watching them. They have the most exciting player we've seen since Messi came on the scene. They have the most complete team in the competition. They are in the final and deservedly so and the bullsh1t in the world can't change that so you can shove yer anti-French w-nkology up yer hairy old hole.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh and with Bastille Day on Saturday it would make it a great weekend. Vive la France.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So Belgium beat England in the nothing game.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Shan wrote:So Belgium beat England in the nothing game.
Indeed it is the broken pencil of football games.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

England beat 2 no hopers and a decent Swedish team, draw with Colombia and lose 3 games to quality. 5/10
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:England beat 2 no hopers and a decent Swedish team, draw with Colombia and lose 3 games to quality. 5/10
Generous Merv.
I'm delighted to report that my normal antipathy towards Perfidious Albion was back at its usual level for the semifinals and today's.