FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by Shan »

Well I won't be crying for Poland. They got what they deserved.

Tomorrow's games are sh1te really. The only item of interest will be to see if Ronaldo gets more goals.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Well I won't be crying for Poland. They got what they deserved.

Tomorrow's games are sh1te really. The only item of interest will be to see if Ronaldo gets more goals.
Russia vs Uruguay might be decent with both teams through and just hoping to top the group. Group B will likely come down to goal difference. Although Iran can still qualify and they don't give too many goals away.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Well I won't be crying for Poland. They got what they deserved.

No game with Spain is Shyte, they are by far the best team to watch.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

A bit of advice to the Uruguay World Cup team after their 3 - 0 win over Russia.... don't drink the tea or touch the door handles.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I watched the Spain v Morocco game. It was pretty good with plenty of drama at the end. Somehow Spain managed to win the group.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tues June 26: Denmark v France (Group C) - Moscow (Luzhniki), 3pm

Tues June 26: Australia v Peru (Group C) - Sochi, 3pm

Tues June 26: Nigeria v Argentina (Group D) - St Petersburg, 7pm

Tues June 26: Iceland v Croatia (Group D) - Rostov-on-Don, 7pm
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Welcome to the world cup, Lionel Messi.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well that's Argentina through by the skin of Messi's ballsack. I don't care which team wins the world cup as long as it isn't any park the bus muthafukkas. Nigeria had some chances yes but really attacked very little. I want to see the big attacking teams go head to head. I'm glad Argentina went through and I hope Germany do tommorrow as well.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Originally wanted the Argies out but now I realise they are facing France I'm glad they are through.
Both teams with similar problems, great players but don't know their best team or system.
The tradition and standing of both countries makes for a great fixture though and you want to see the best players face each as we have seen with Spain v Portugal already.

Think tonight's game can show if you have a ref that knows what he's doing the VAR system can work and improve the game.
However when it's in the hands of hapless officials from say Paraguay, it's all a bit overwhelming for them, though none of the pundits had the minerals to mention this.

On the subject of pundits Rio Ferdinand and Drogba called the ball to hand incident a penalty even when Lineker read the actual rules of what constitutes a penalty ie deliberate intent.
I suppose that's why they are footballers and not rocket scientists.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Liz Fraser wrote:Originally wanted the Argies out but now I realise they are facing France I'm glad they are through.
Both teams with similar problems, great players but don't know their best team or system.
The tradition and standing of both countries makes for a great fixture though and you want to see the best players face each as we have seen with Spain v Portugal already.

Think tonight's game can show if you have a ref that knows what he's doing the VAR system can work and improve the game.
However when it's in the hands of hapless officials from say Paraguay, it's all a bit overwhelming for them, though none of the pundits had the minerals to mention this.

On the subject of pundits Rio Ferdinand and Drogba called the ball to hand incident a penalty even when Lineker read the actual rules of what constitutes a penalty ie deliberate intent.
It was more a penalty than the one given last night.

FIFA have messed up big time with this IMHO.

VAR needed to be introduced after (or at very least along with) a push to clarify the rules and a clampdown on simulation and ref-pestering.

I think that's over 20 penalties in this comp so far; the last 2 had around 15 each in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Balogun should have been sent off. Footballers always quote that last man bollix.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BR wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Originally wanted the Argies out but now I realise they are facing France I'm glad they are through.

It was more a penalty than the one given last night.

FIFA have messed up big time with this IMHO.

VAR needed to be introduced after (or at very least along with) a push to clarify the rules and a clampdown on simulation and ref-pestering.

I think that's over 20 penalties in this comp so far; the last 2 had around 15 each in total.
It was more of a pen than last night which was in turn more of a pen than the one given at Windsor for the Swiss when we were swizzed.
Thing is you shouldn't need VAR to not give them just a pair of fecking eyes.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wed June 27: South Korea v Germany (Group F) - Kazan, 3pm

Wed June 27: Mexico v Sweden (Group F) - Ekaterinburg, 3pm

Wed June 27: Serbia v Brazil (Group E) - Moscow (Spartak), 7pm

Wed June 27: Switzerland v Costa Rica (Group E) - Nizhny Novgorod, 7pm
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

First game I've watched. Well, you've gotta support the Argies. They might be knocking Engerland out at some stage.

Mara-feckin-dona legend! the HWM of the World Cup. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

What you didnt see was the likely abuse Maradona was recieving for 90 odd minutes to prompt his salute.
Maradona was held up as a disgrace last night by the BBC pundits but I'm will to bet behind the scenes they were laughing their c0cks off at his antics.

This world cup keeps on giving everything what you love about sport and that game incapulates it all.
Drama, skill passion, controversy and great goals it's had it is all.
More of the same please!
Scenarios will inevitably throw up games like France Denmark though and I would imagine England , Belgium will be similar.
Today's matches should be all out though.