It has taken a while.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

It has taken a while.

Post by Shan »

It seems such a long time ago now but finally today David Drumm, former CEO of Anglo Irish Bank, has been found guilty of a multi-billion euro conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

This related to the €7 billion plus imaginary deposit placed in Anglo when the bank was about to go under. No doubt this scheming cost individuals big money who were still investing in the bank and cost the country billions because the state couldn't act sooner to end the bank.

Will be interesting to see what sentence this criminal gets. If this was China he's get the death sentence which of course I don't agree with. In Ireland he'll likely get a couple of years with half at least suspended. He should go inside for at least 10 years in my view. That means a sentence of at least 15 years will be needed.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: It has taken a while.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd hang the ballix and all other ballixes at the top end of Bank of Ireland & AIB, who with Balicki's bank almost killed Ireland.

I hope he gets the type of sentence that judges say includes an element of a deterrent to other immoral highly paid financial cowboys/thieves.

Perhaps a time to remind everyone that these "sins" by the incredibly well paid are not purely historical, within the last two years Bank of Ireland aka The FIRFU's conscience & moral leaders, have again defrauded their mortgage customers.

Paddy Jackson puts a couple of words out of place and is forced to emigrate, Bank of Ireland has no morals yet can precipitate such decisions.

I call down the curse of the seven snotty orphans of Ringsend on the basterds.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.