Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Post by BR »

Tazz #15 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.
Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BTW - I meant to ask a while back. Have you been away somewhere?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Tazz #15 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.
Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

BTW - I meant to ask a while back. Have you been away somewhere?
Banbridge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
ColinM wrote:We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.
:lol:

Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club do it too.

Personally, I'm one of those who can't be arsed getting the deposit back so, unless it's worth adding to my collection, I'll gladly cast my drinking vessel aside.

The fact that the deposit is then invariably retrieved by a young wee scamp who will no doubt proceed to spend it on booze, fags, football stickers or Haribo (or whatever young wee scamps spend their money on these days) leaves me with a warm glow inside.
Delighted to hear you are doing your bit for the community as well as the environment. I am living in a community on a gowf course where many Lionels feel the organisation is best left to them, hence they are frittering away a €2.4 million settlement from the previous hotel owners on petanque courts and cardio-equipment where the manufacturer omitted to include any resistance, and in the month I’ve been here I’ve yet to see anyone petanquing..

Lionels, eh¿¿
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Love boule

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:Love boule

Is that a new reality TV show?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
ColinM wrote:We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.

Personally, I'm one of those who can't be arsed getting the deposit back so, unless it's worth adding to my collection, I'll gladly cast my drinking vessel aside.

The fact that the deposit is then invariably retrieved by a young wee scamp who will no doubt proceed to spend it on booze, fags, football stickers or Haribo (or whatever young wee scamps spend their money on these days) leaves me with a warm glow inside.
Delighted to hear you are doing your bit for the community as well as the environment. I am living in a community on a gowf course where many Lionels feel the organisation is best left to them, hence they are frittering away a €2.4 million settlement from the previous hotel owners on petanque courts and cardio-equipment where the manufacturer omitted to include any resistance, and in the month I’ve been here I’ve yet to see anyone petanquing..

Lionels, eh¿¿
Is cardio equipment those toys they have in gymns or the jumpleads they have in hospitals?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A bit like cycle lanes baggy only less annoying

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Lionels, eh¿¿
Is cardio equipment those toys they have in gymns or the jumpleads they have in hospitals?
I've often wondered if you car battery was flat would a quick zap from one of those jump lead machines work.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
justinr73 wrote:

Lionels, eh¿¿
I've often wondered if you car battery was flat would a quick zap from one of those jump lead machines work.
They now do seem to have them conveniently positioned on garage forecourts. However I'm told those ones are made foolproof, so there's probably all sorts of sensors in there that you'd need to bypass before you could really dìck about with them.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Another question for Baggy. If you're in Spain, surely a petanque game should be playable on just about any bit of land. I thought special courts were only required in places where the grass is too lush and the ground too soft, like here.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!
Part of an on going EU directive to save the planet and prevent alcoholism. I mean queueing up each time with a 30cl thimble, you needed six cups each.

IMG_4130.jpg
IMG_4130.jpg (121.59 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TinPig wrote:While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!
Part of an on going EU directive to save the planet and prevent alcoholism. I mean queueing up each time with a 30cl thimble, you needed six cups each.

IMG_4130.jpg
I blame Gerrys lawyer

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

If everyone has their own cup then banks of self service taps must be the next opportunity to remove one of lifes human interactions. Not that the interaction with Mount Charles staff is particularly uplifting.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

TinPig wrote:While at Clermont match back in December 2016 brought this back. You had to buy 30cl Plastic cup, before buying tickets to allow you buy beer!!!!

IMG_4130.jpg
Got four of those at home!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

100% of the touch screens, McDonalds have installed for customer use have been found to have faecal matter on them.
I was reminded of this yesterday when someone passed me on a book they wanted me to read.
I thinking about getting reading gloves.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!