The Empire Games

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

The Empire Games

Post by big mervyn »

I know it's a largely irrelevant pile of auld ballix that only gets coverage because it's all the Beeb have left, but well done to the 18 year old fromn Bangor who bate a 2 times Olympic gold medallist to gold in the gymnastics.
Seriously impressive >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Empire Games

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ireland wants back into the empire
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Kofi Annan wrote:Ireland wants back into the empire
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:I know it's a largely irrelevant pile of auld ballix that only gets coverage because it's all the Beeb have left, but well done to the 18 year old fromn Bangor who bate a 2 times Olympic gold medallist to gold in the gymnastics.
I assume the olympic gold medallist is from the 70's but is still good enough to compete against the best the empire has to offer.

Anyway the games are OK - They give a decent chance to folk from countries who otherwise would win feck all. NI falls into that category as would Ireland if we ever had an inclination to join up with the old club. If there was a vote to rejoin I'd go for it as I know it would annoy some right langballs. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I know it's a largely irrelevant pile of auld ballix that only gets coverage because it's all the Beeb have left, but well done to the 18 year old fromn Bangor who bate a 2 times Olympic gold medallist to gold in the gymnastics.
I assume the olympic gold medallist is from the 70's but is still good enough to compete against the best the empire has to offer.

Anyway the games are OK - They give a decent chance to folk from countries who otherwise would win feck all. NI falls into that category as would Ireland if we ever had an inclination to join up with the old club. If there was a vote to rejoin I'd go for it as I know it would annoy some right langballs. :D
Plenty of "your" Olympic team out there competing for NI -athletes, boxers, swimmers ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Plenty of "your" Olympic team out there competing for NI -athletes, boxers, swimmers ...
Traitors. Fecking withdraw their Irish govt funding. :D :D
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

For a wee bit of context for the Jackasses stupidity, google the images for 'men's beach volleyball' then google 'women's beach volleyball'. Compare the uniforms. :shock: anyone seen any outraged petitions at the sexism?

I guess that diving is the only sport where the women wear a fair bit more than the men.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

solidarity wrote:For a wee bit of context for the Jackasses stupidity, google the images for 'men's beach volleyball' then google 'women's beach volleyball'. Compare the uniforms. :shock: anyone seen any outraged petitions at the sexism?

I guess that diving is the only sport where the women wear a fair bit more than the men.
Done. I prefer the women. If I was a straight woman or a gay man I'd consider making a complaint about the amount of clothing the men have on.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Plenty of "your" Olympic team out there competing for NI -athletes, boxers, swimmers ...
Traitors. Fecking withdraw their Irish govt funding. :D :D
Is that what they're doing with the bailout me and the other UK tax payers gave them? :shock:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Shan wrote:
solidarity wrote:For a wee bit of context for the Jackasses stupidity, google the images for 'men's beach volleyball' then google 'women's beach volleyball'. Compare the uniforms. :shock: anyone seen any outraged petitions at the sexism?

Done. I prefer the women. If I was a straight woman or a gay man I'd consider making a complaint about the amount of clothing the men have on.
Hard to argue with Shan. >TLGH
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Pic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:Hard to argue with Shan. >TLGH
You're just not trying hard enough.

I find it easy enough. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: Is that what they're doing with the bailout me and the other UK tax payers gave them? :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Bailout.

I told you before you were a good comedian. You prove it yet again.