Ophelia

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ophelia

Post by Shan »

namron wrote: I have been away for a bit myself
You were a huge loss to this community. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
namron wrote: I have been away for a bit myself
You were a huge loss to this community. :D
I thought he was a massive plus for the country

#namronstanleyfletcher :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I thought he was a massive plus for the country

#namronstanleyfletcher :lol:
Costs money to keep folk inside though. Although the thoughts of him coming up against the like of Mr MacKay is entertaining which may offset such a cost. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

namron wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Jaysus Grumps - You have way too much time on yer hands.

Where the feck is Snipe these days anyway? He used to always keep you in check. Hope he is OK.
He's fine I met him on Friday night, I'm paraphrasing, but he's "taking a rest from Nutjob Central", I promised him I'd keep the home fires burning but I may have to consider my position, given I have had two slanderous attacks on my character from people who much prefer people who say almost nothing.
Nut job central lol
I have been away for a bit myself but having been emboldened by our utter decimation of the mighty Wasps I have decided to make a glory hunting return .It would seem there is some disarray in the Space time continuum . I would only say this ..People who say almost nothing are either politicians or thugs who would try and chin a man having some jovial banter. This has happened to my good self very recently .Caught on the end of a very glancing blow , my first instinct was to try and reconcile the problem verbally. In approximately .25 seconds however my bowed forehead was making a swift arc like an old war weary Conker . I always won at at Conkers. We had nothing else to do as kids except harden our Conkers. The youth of today have a lot to learn Baggy.
They do indeed Norm.

I hope that Snipe will return, I enjoy a bit of banter with him, but I think there are too many comedians & not enough rugby for his liking, I could blame myself for this, though like Snipe & Grumps, I'm not funny.

I've been told in the past that I've been a large part of ruining this forum, I probably will be again, however, I have to say I thoroughly enjoy the whole package, banter rugby and halfwits.

That apart those who like to make that suggestion are more often than not boring arseholes and almost certainly DUP voters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As an expression I loathe says, it is what it is, normally said by people without the capacity for remotely logical, never mind tangential thought, a wee hint of the mad ballix, the craic.

Feck'em Norm.

As for the yutes of today, I was in Sainsbury's this early afternoon and the bakery goods had been decimated. I asked the lady at the counter, have you baked today or has there been a run by people stocking up? With a raise of her eyebrow, she said, a run by people in a panic.

A passing ould lad said to me, did she say people are panic buying? I confirmed his fears and he said: Do you remember the winter of 1963?

I do, we had 2-3 feet of snow all round the house, me Da cut a pathway through the snow and we went to school barring a few days when it was closed..

With an approving nod, says he: I lived out in the country, never missed a day of work, walked everywhere through the snow. Do you know what, people these days are too bloody soft, they've got a lot to learn.

Wasn't you was it Norm?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I enjoy a bit of banter with him,
Thou shall not have banter
Thou shall not have frivolity
Thou shall not have controversy
Thou shall not have opinion

Welcome to the land of fear and dread.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Wot I want to know is wot's the name of this storm?

When it was across the Lantic, it was known as Ophelia, but over here, we now give our own names to windy episodes. Why is this still being called Ophelia (or ex-Ophelia)?

Wots its proper name over here? Is it trying to be anonymous?

Anyone know?

The right thinking peeples of Alster have a rite to no. :red:
It should have been Bwian. I asked metEireann demanding equal rights for transgender storms and they said that they/uk don't name storms if the mericans' NHC have already named them, because they are bigger than us, and are in charge of the world's weather. (Or something like that)

So the whole Boy/Girl, alphabetical system for UK/Ire storms gets blown away, so to speak, if the storm starts as a Tropical Storm.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BTW Ophelia didn't cross the Lantic. - like most Atlantic tropical depressions it developed between mid Atlantic and the African coast (at this stage it is just given a number, 17 in this case). This one developed quickly to reached sustained wind speeds of 34kt which makes it a tropical storm - it then takes the next name of the rank - Ophelia (as the 15th named storm of the season). However unusually, this one the headed east and then north. Reaching 64kt to become a hurricane. Once into northerly climes it disintegrates into a post-tropical cyclone. Although technically no longer a hurricane, I believe it still hit Galway with sustained speeds of 64kt, so hurricane force winds; just not a hurricane.

If you can't be an anorak about storms, when can you be an anorak?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

All a lot of horlix, after the last storm (without the frenzy of news reporting ) my gazebo lost some bits and bobs that ended up in my neighbours greenhouse, yesterday, it stood tall, faced the wrath of Ophelia and no a chip of wood lost, Hurricane my arsè .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:... after the last storm (without the frenzy of news reporting ) my gazebo lost some bits and bobs that ended up in my neighbours greenhouse, ...
I remember being glued to the CNN coverage.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Slightly storm related as I assume that is what he is wanting luck for.

Cooney is a f#*king idiot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Ah Baggy, I remember the BIg Snow (that's what my parents always referred to it as) well. And I helped my Da make and remake the paths from front to back door and to the front gate. And only missed school for a few days. Useful link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IcWmmNhat4
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

I doubt Health and Safety would allow folk to do this these days :) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IcWmmNhat4

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Think I meant to put this link up - but apologies if its the same - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/archi ... 26763.html

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:Slightly storm related as I assume that is what he is wanting luck for.

Not our only player who uses phone behind wheel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Slightly storm related as I assume that is what he is wanting luck for.

Not our only player who uses phone behind wheel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Some take videos
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?