Floyd V Conor

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Floyd V Conor

Post by againstthehead »

Only watched it as the time difference suited but was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was. Conor did well the 1st 3 rounds then Mayweather went on the front foot and dominated as the fight progressed. Can't stand either of them and the hype/money is just a joke.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Floyd V Conor

Post by Dave »

McGregor is very hard to like. He reminds me of prince Naseem Hamed. Once you start losing after talking so much BS it's kind of over for you. Although I'm very surprised he hear he lasted so long. There will be a queue of young hungry fighters in the division wanting to fight McGregor and knock his horlix in. They never got a chance to fight Floyd so this mouthy dub skanger will have to do.

Having said McGregor is minted now gives no fecks and the whole thing is fake.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Glad I saw the fight or may actually have thought Conor did well to last to 10 rounds.

Basically Floyd had it all to lose so was guarded for the first few rounds eliminating any possibility of a sucker punch which was realistically Conors only hope.
Conor started to tire and Floyd could have taken him out from about the fourth on if he so desired.

It got to the point in the later rounds where Floyds corner weren't even feeling the need to talk to him whilst he was not even taking water on.
By the end he wasn't even sweating in a complete formality.

As for Conor a comparison was made that it was a bit like Andy Murray being handed a squash racquet and expecting him to beat the squash world champion
Sums it up perfectly.

However love him or loathe him and I do love him, sports needs characters and you can guarantee the next thing he does will be huge at the box office.
The guy has minerals there's no doubt about that.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Andy Murray couldn't beat the tennis world champion (if there was one).

Just watched it there. McGregor was too big and had no stamina. He had no power because he isn't able to leverage any power in boxing. Punching power in boxing is much harder to achieve than in that karate kid shyte.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Can you believe any of it? The result seemed very satisfactory for all po aries.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Can you believe any of it? The result seemed very satisfactory for all po aries.
Fake as fcuk.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

They both made a fortune so the whole thing was a success.

Some of our finest citizens made their way over to Las Vegas to take in this drama. Hopefully they will be back in time to collect their unemployment benefit.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wasn't even sold out
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:They both made a fortune so the whole thing was a success.

Some of our finest citizens made their way over to Las Vegas to take in this drama. Hopefully they will be back in time to collect their unemployment benefit.
"Finest"

An all island embarrassment more like

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Wasn't even sold out
Millions expected to have paid to see it on TV though. At $100 a go in the US that is crazy money. People seem to enjoy being bled dry.

I hear the ringside seats were $75k. You could feed a few families for a year with one ticket price and they could see a few free fights every weekend in any reasonably sized town.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:Andy Murray couldn't beat the tennis world champion (if there was one).

Just watched it there. McGregor was too big and had no stamina. He had no power because he isn't able to leverage any power in boxing. Punching power in boxing is much harder to achieve than in that karate kid shyte.
Yeah you're right a world number 1, Olympic, US open and twice Wimbledon champion was a poor choice as a comparison.
As for the Karate kid shyte comment, I can't take you seriously unless you've at least seen the second McGregor v Nate Diaz fight.
Actually even if you have I couldn't take you seriously as that would make it worse.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hate this spide being called Conor, what he is is a mouthy Mexican gobshite fighting and equally hateful woman beating motherfu'cker and I hope both of them die soon. Khunts.

I have a nephew who is deeply into this sort of garbage and I chastise him regularly if he mentions it.

That apart, Merv is probably spot on, a pair of wide-boys who have probably executed a mutually satisfactory fraud.

The guys I attended the Toulon-Clermont final at Twickenham insisted on waking me at 3 am to go to a pub which they had pre-booked tickets for a lock-in to watch Fairyweather & Manky Pakio. Seldom have I ever regretted giving up sleep for a greater waste of time.

I was raised on Sonny Liston taking a dive against Cassius Clay, the most pathetic sight I'd ever seen in sport, "the phantom punch" and to this day refuse to believe any fight is not contrived to some extent, rematches & large fortunes will do that to a sport where fortunes are made not just by the pugilists but a welter of crims & gangstas, hangers on & fringescum.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:Andy Murray couldn't beat the tennis world champion (if there was one).

Yeah you're right a world number 1, Olympic, US open and twice Wimbledon champion was a poor choice as a comparison.
As for the Karate kid shyte comment, I can't take you seriously unless you've at least seen the second McGregor v Nate Diaz fight.
Actually even if you have I couldn't take you seriously as that would make it worse.
Standard McGregor fanboy response.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Wasn't even sold out
Millions expected to have paid to see it on TV though. At $100 a go in the US that is crazy money. People seem to enjoy being bled dry.

I hear the ringside seats were $75k. You could feed a few families for a year with one ticket price and they could see a few free fights every weekend in any reasonably sized town.
And people complain about the ticket prices at Ulster.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:

Standard McGregor fanboy response.
Yes I must admit that we as fan boys love nothing more than a McGregor / Andy Murray analogy.
Gets boring now, you're right.