That Vegan Advert.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

That Vegan Advert.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Today I heard a harridan with a Mexican/Turnipstani accent who represents those running the heinous vegan add that I've yet to see but understand says milk is murder effectively.

As she was given licence to bullshit by Willard Crawley and ridiculing a nice Co. Down dairy farmer, she irritated my ballix by saying it was immoral to eat animals or subjugate their rights by using them to produce vastly more milk than they would naturally do, etc. etc.

She said that a vegan holds all animals to be sentient creatures equal in standing to human beings and that we should neither breed them for slaughter nor exploit them whilst living.

I too am an animal lover, I regard many animals as wonderful interesting and appealing company .......even if I can't quite muster love for spiders and wasps, I make it my business in most circumstances to release them back into the wild rather than crush them against the wall with a newspaper. Then the thought came to me, I'm going to contact this woman and make a pact with her, I will regard them as my equal & will stop eating any of them, including the tastiest, just as soon as she can get them not to eat each other until then bring them on, braised, baked, boiled, grilled, rotisseried, BBQ'd, roasted or in a very few cases raw. Yum yum.

My personal favourite is the pig, almost nothing about a pig isn't full flavoured and rewarded by simple cooking, god help the poor 5x2s, Muslims and others who don't understand the joyous perfection of a granary bap stuffed with smoked bacon at 11 am of any morning with a mug of decent coffee. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: That Vegan Advert.

Post by big mervyn »

I reckon I could do the Veggie thing the marra but giving up dairy would be extremely difficult. What about eggs? Surely having a clatter of well fed happy wee chucks at the bottom of the garden and taking the eggs shouldn't present any ethical dilemma?

I thought yer woman was sound enough, as was the farmer. Refreshing to hear a reasoned and well argued debate on Creepy's show.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They got a free run at spreading the began message when the Advertising standards Agency cleared them on their billboards about milk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Vegans and feminazis are vermin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:..the joyous perfection of a granary bap
I know you're as gay as the next man, Baggy, but I think you're taking things a bit far there.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I had a fantastic rack of lamb last night. Lovely and pink, she'd have loved it and she may have been less of a moaning faced cur.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Mirco Bergamasco is a Vegan.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Mirco Bergamasco is a Vegan.
Shirley nat. :shock:

Italian, I thought! :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

:shake:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bump
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:..the joyous perfection of a granary bap
I know you're as gay as the next man, Baggy, but I think you're taking things a bit far there.
You may have noticed BR but I am always concretely certain of the veracity of my opinions, other than on the few occasions where I actually indicate I may not be 100%. I can, therefore, tell you with a high degree of certainty that all bullshite bread or breadie items that are brilliant white are just appalling garbage, with the sole exception of the soadie farl.

Off-white bread-like items do not necessarily have to be "granary", I used "granary" in a wider sense than it strictly describes, a current favourite of mine is Sainsburys TTD Multiseed, it's an addictively magnificent loaf. It was the two fat ladies, dear Jennifer & Clarissa, who perfectly described the pan loaf as "fatty white slice" or more simply "garbage".

In my days as a usurer, I spent my final couple of years next door to a Spar who had a hot food counter. At 5 to 11 every morning I sauntered in and asked for the usual, one young lady, in particular, looked kindly upon my decrepit countenance and would routinely accept the granary bap I proferred, butter it and put 4 /5 slices of bacon into it, the others limited me to 3 slices. I can tell you no white muck would have come close to this combo.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:I reckon I could do the Veggie thing the marra but giving up dairy would be extremely difficult. What about eggs? Surely having a clatter of well fed happy wee chucks at the bottom of the garden and taking the eggs shouldn't present any ethical dilemma?

I thought yer woman was sound enough, as was the farmer. Refreshing to hear a reasoned and well argued debate on Creepy's show.
You are clearly a tolerant man Merv, I thought she was rude to our farming hero, and ignorant in that she could not be bothered to listen & memorise the name of the person debating with her/ gainsaying her bullshit.

I find her arguments utterly spurious, I am perfectly serious in making the point that huge numbers of our sentient cousins exclusively eat others, many will eat anything that moves, reeks or blows in the breeze, Brother Bear for example, a good many are veggies. I simply find her whole argument that eating either the body parts or produce of creatures is immoral as nonsense, utter befuddled nonsense.

Since life began on the planet, life forms have eaten other life forms. Would the raving Mexican suggest that a lion is immoral? Amoral would be a fair word, but questions of morality in describing the act of keeping body & soul together just do nothing for me. Just because other ways of surviving are possible doesn't mean the Stalinist bitch has any right to accuse us omnivores of immorality.

I find that morality nonsense just as spurious as the carnivores who query why vegans like the swill they eat to resemble sausages, mince, chicken or whatever.

May her farts lose her any friend she's ever had.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Think of all the poor vegetables these people needlessly kill, eat meat instead
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dunno lads. Contrary to convention I appear to be getting more beardy (minus the beard) wierdy lefty liberal lentil munching as I get older.

I don't dig on eating mammals any more even though I still do it. Might go down the meat is murder but fish is justifiable homicide route :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I considered becoming a vegetarian - not because of a love of animals, but because I hate vegetables.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right