That Vegan Advert.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: That Vegan Advert.

Post by big mervyn »

A nice bit of mature cheddar is the best accompaniment in a bacon samwich.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

As probably the only vegetarian in this thread, I feel I should say that you're all crazy trying to imagine what it is you'd miss. I rarely, if ever, think about a good rib-eye, or an Ulster fry, or a decent burger, or even bacon. What I actually find myself missing is the tom kite I've never actually eaten as an adult. Fish fingers chief amongst them.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Neil F wrote:As probably the only vegetarian in this thread, I feel I should say that you're all crazy trying to imagine what it is you'd miss. I rarely, if ever, think about a good rib-eye, or an Ulster fry, or a decent burger, or even bacon. What I actually find myself missing is the tom kite I've never actually eaten as an adult. Fish fingers chief amongst them.
Have to say, since I drastically cut down my red meat consumption, it has become more and more unpalatable to me, so I see where you're coming from.

Bacon however, does seem to be the one thing that tempts many a veggie off the wagon.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

I'm a huge fan of meat, I love it, I eat absolute loads of it. I'm making a fry at the minute ffs.

That said, I'm also an animal lover, and I'd love to be able to go veggie. Won't happen, but I like the idea.

Baggy is right though, other animals est each other, why not us? Don't tell me that wolves and bears wouldn't farm their own food if they were capable of it. They're big and scary, we're intelligent. All to the same end though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

big mervyn wrote:Have to say, since I drastically cut down my red meat consumption, it has become more and more unpalatable to me, so I see where you're coming from.

Bacon however, does seem to be the one thing that tempts many a veggie off the wagon.
I suspect with bacon I was lucky. My mother was a resolute believer that meat would poison you to death were it not dark brown the whole way through. In the case of bacon, this of course meant that if you poked someone with it, it would splinter into a thousand pieces. Indeed, at one point my brother had taken to dipping it in coffee in an attempt to take some of the hardness out of it... When consumed it had all of the taste and texture of ash sitting atop a Weetabix. I went veggie so shortly after attaining my independence from charred hunks of meats that I never learned bacon might actually be nice...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You're making one Hairy. I'm eating one. No a classic of the genre but wild tasty now the less. Getting my breakfast en route between my dentist and the expert tooth puller on the Lisburn Road. My dentist asked if I'd eaten and said to get a good breakfast in me before the Battle of Baggy's Gub. Great lady my dentist. Mind you had to buy a toothbrush to get rid of lurking bacon betwixt my choppers.

Onwards.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You're making one Hairy. I'm eating one. No a classic of the genre but wild tasty now the less. Getting my breakfast en route between my dentist and the expert tooth puller on the Lisburn Road. My dentist asked if I'd eaten and said to get a good breakfast in me before the Battle of Baggy's Gub. Great lady my dentist. Mind you had to buy a toothbrush to get rid of lurking bacon betwixt my choppers.

Onwards.
Best of luck.

I often feel like watching Ulster is a bit like pulling teeth. So just think of your dentist trip as a trip to Ravers, and you'll be grand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Meat is the best ever

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
I did once tempt a jewish vegetarian away from her long held beliefs with a round of bacon sandwiches the morning after a particularly heavy night.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Anything that lives and isn't human, is fair game. If you catch it, shoot it or grow it yourself, it usually comes with huge dollops of smug satisfaction, but buying it is grand. Speaking of buying it Baggy, it's not that I buy shyte bacon for domestic consumption, but rather my job gives me the opportunity to partake in a mid-morning bacon bap from outlets which aren't likely to receive a Michelin star anytime soon (ever). I find it best to go with brown sauce in these outlets, as the bacon, bread, butter etc can all be of questionable quality. Then again, a bad bacon bap beats a granola bar every time.
Liver, bacon and onion, served with creamed spuds...that's what our Pack should be living on. Not those powdered vitamins dispensed in the UR gym.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Had a great meal last night: two different types of spicy dal, chapati, roti and chopped tomatoes(and just a mouthful of chicken. If you're going veggie, go Indian.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

All I've eaten since the dubious Fry yesterday has been soggy Weetabix and this morning two perfectly ripe, juicy & therefore soft white fleshed nectarines.

Feel as if I've been punched in the bake but I'm still looking forward to a Jawbax, almost certainly this evening.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Apparently going vegan can help keep you regular baggy.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

thecrouch wrote:Apparently going vegan can help keep you regular baggy.
Baggy's already regular

he regularly posts all his cr@p on this forum. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right