That Vegan Advert.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: That Vegan Advert.

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Dunno lads. Contrary to convention I appear to be getting more beardy (minus the beard) wierdy lefty liberal lentil munching as I get older.

I don't dig on eating mammals any more even though I still do it. Might go down the meat is murder but fish is justifiable homicide route Image
Think of the poor vegetables Mervyn, when did a vegetable ever do anything to you to get ripped out of the ground and chucked in boiling water.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Dunno lads. Contrary to convention I appear to be getting more beardy (minus the beard) wierdy lefty liberal lentil munching as I get older.

I don't dig on eating mammals any more even though I still do it. Might go down the meat is murder but fish is justifiable homicide route Image
Think of the poor vegetables Mervyn, when did a vegetable ever do anything to you to get ripped out of the ground and chucked in boiling water.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I love your argument Baggy, if they eat each other, what's wrong with us joining in the circle of life? It also strikes me that life for the average farm animal, at least in the EU, is a heck of a lot better than life in the wild. Three square meals a day and no worries about what happens during a drought. Not always looking over your shoulder wondering when the next bear or lion is going to strike and that nice man puts up a fence round you to make sure that any passing dog doesn't make a nuisance of himself. Of course it all goes belly up when your time comes but again better to go quickly and efficiently rather than torn apart by hyenas or falling prey to a long slow tick borne disease. All in all, being eaten after you're dead, having had a very nice life thank you is a whole lot better than a life of constant foraging and worry... then getting eaten by something or other anyway. Meat is the moral option!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Despite the last post I reckon we could all be veggie if we had to, maybe even vegan... every now and again... just for a wee change. I've had some fantastic lentil dishes (not so much the wee pink ones, the green or yellow jobs are better). With a dose of herbs and spices, you can tart up anything. Sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers and parsnips roasted in the oven and a nice glass of something red to go with it, brill.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

solidarity wrote:Despite the last post I reckon we could all be veggie if we had to, maybe even vegan... every now and again... just for a wee change. I've had some fantastic lentil dishes (not so much the wee pink ones, the green or yellow jobs are better). With a dose of herbs and spices, you can tart up anything. Sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers and parsnips roasted in the oven and a nice glass of something red to go with it, brill.
Aye but feck it if you were out after a few weeks of lentils and the guys at the next table had a round of big juicy steaks the tongue would soon start to dribble at the thought of one
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:Despite the last post I reckon we could all be veggie if we had to, maybe even vegan... every now and again... just for a wee change. I've had some fantastic lentil dishes (not so much the wee pink ones, the green or yellow jobs are better). With a dose of bacon, herbs and spices, you can tart up anything. Sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers and parsnips roasted in the oven and a nice glass of something red to go with it, brill.
Fixed :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I had some strange pulse sort of thing the other night. The veggie types in my company were unable to identify it specifically, but it was just about acceptable mixed in with the other accompaniments and soaking up the juices from the fillet mignon which all-to-briefly rested upon it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:I love your argument Baggy, if they eat each other, what's wrong with us joining in the circle of life? It also strikes me that life for the average farm animal, at least in the EU, is a heck of a lot better than life in the wild. Three square meals a day and no worries about what happens during a drought. Not always looking over your shoulder wondering when the next bear or lion is going to strike and that nice man puts up a fence round you to make sure that any passing dog doesn't make a nuisance of himself. Of course it all goes belly up when your time comes but again better to go quickly and efficiently rather than torn apart by hyenas or falling prey to a long slow tick borne disease. All in all, being eaten after you're dead, having had a very nice life thank you is a whole lot better than a life of constant foraging and worry... then getting eaten by something or other anyway. Meat is the moral option!

Solids, it was the harridan herself who introduced the equality argument, I'm merely extrapolating her very reasonable argument to a logical conclusion. If they are our equal sentient creatures, I'm happy to emulate the one I chose. I see no logical reason why she should dictate to us, especially me, which of our equals behaviour that we/I mimic.

I choose the tiger as my role model. Lions are kind of wimpy creatures ........... FFFS no, I don't mean they build houses :duh: .............. they need to gang up on a poor ould wildebeest, like the bullies we have all met through life, they are handy in a bunch, not so convincing on their own, as a swift boot to the toys usually proves................ however I digress, the tiger needs no help.

The nice farming chappie actually told Willard "Creepy" Crawley that his beasts enjoyed more comfort than Willard's studio, claiming some enjoyed waterbeds. :shock: :shock: :shock:

You can obviously go all round the houses with this sort of nonsense, eg, how many cattle sheep pigs would be around today if we didn't eat them? The usual stuff, I just consider most arguments on it as bonkers as the next, since time immetesticle creatures have dined on creatures, I will not be making any changes ................ besides all this talk makes me dream of bacon sarnies. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian , and a complete mad bàstard. Nuff said, anyone who does not eat steak or chicken are heathens ,

Was in a restaurant one night and the waitress give me the wrong dish, she said sorry that she was a vegetarian and did not know the difference between Duck and steak, fûck me I choked, she was about 20 stone, so either a liar or eats a lot if spuds .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Kofi Annan wrote:Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian , and a complete mad bàstard. Nuff said, anyone who does not eat steak or chicken are heathens ,

Was in a restaurant one night and the waitress give me the wrong dish, she said sorry that she was a vegetarian and did not know the difference between Duck and steak, fûck me I choked, she was about 20 stone, so either a liar or eats a lot if spuds .
I used to like chicken, but I've gone right off it. It's virtually tasteless these days. I don't eat much red meat, but when I do I like it to be camouflaged, like in a chilli or some such. I could give it up without too much bother, I think. Different story altogether with fish - salmon, trout, cod, tuna, sardines, mackerel... can't get enough of the stuff. I also like all manner of dairy stuff and couldn't get by without milk, eggs and cheese, so I think I'm a lost cause as far as veganism is concerned. Incidentally, I know a couple of veggies who won't drink red wine, on account that it contains some animal products. The same people, now I think about it, refuse to use aerosol sprays to avoid damaging the ozone layer. Life, for people like this, must be exhausting. I'm not knocking them for their principles, quite the opposite, in fact, I think it's admirable - but I couldn't live like that. I'd be stressed to hell.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hitler lived until he was aged 95 in South America. He had a Brazilian lover.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

promenader 2 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian , and a complete mad bàstard. Nuff said, anyone who does not eat steak or chicken are heathens ,

I used to like chicken, but I've gone right off it. It's virtually tasteless these days. I don't eat much red meat, but when I do I like it to be camouflaged, like in a chilli or some such. I could give it up without too much bother, I think. Different story altogether with fish - salmon, trout, cod, tuna, sardines, mackerel... can't get enough of the stuff. I also like all manner of dairy stuff and couldn't get by without milk, eggs and cheese, so I think I'm a lost cause as far as veganism is concerned. Incidentally, I know a couple of veggies who won't drink red wine, on account that it contains some animal products. The same people, now I think about it, refuse to use aerosol sprays to avoid damaging the ozone layer. Life, for people like this, must be exhausting. I'm not knocking them for their principles, quite the opposite, in fact, I think it's admirable - but I couldn't live like that. I'd be stressed to hell.
Sorry Prom but your friends are basket cases, red wine is often vegan, I've lost count of the amount of the stuff that's labelled with that V in a circle. Here, for example, are 11 from Tesco https://www.tesco.com/wine/product/brow ... 4294965767

I'd also suggest that most of your fish dishes will be something other than just baked or grilled, even the best cuts of meat become tiresome with repetition, it is the sum total of ingredients that make food delicious. Fortunately, amongst my many talents, I knock out a mean bit of scraw. Nothing bland or too simply is satisfactory, I assure you I can even make chicken delicious and my Christmas luncheons are a tour de force.

But enough of my bragging............... each to their own.

Finally an aerosol tale. My daughter has a friend who is very very very attractive but she is a sweaty minger, her mother, who is as mad as a box of frogs, banned all deodorants from the house and convinced the entire family they would die of cancer if they used them.

I too have an admiration, of sorts, for people who believe they are saving the planet. They aren't and won't such are the heaving masses who are impoverished around the globe who want food and have never heard of or have no fu'cks to give about the ozone layer, global warming or bloody recycling at which my household is 5 star.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Hitler lived until he was aged 95 in South America. He had a Brazilian lover.
I know the chap, big lad named Rudolph, as butch as a blushing pink boa.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Hitler lived until he was aged 95 in South America. He had a Brazilian lover.
I know the chap, big lad named Rudolph, as butch as a blushing pink boa.
1. A lover from Brazil
2. Somebody who loved Brazilians.
3. Somebody who liked to have a nicely trimmed nanny.

Thought I'd do that before Grumpy.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I too have an admiration, of sorts, for people who believe they are saving the planet. They aren't and won't such are the heaving masses who are impoverished around the globe who want food and have never heard of or have no fu'cks to give about the ozone layer, global warming or bloody recycling at which my household is 5 star.
You'd be surprised. Ever tried getting a plastic bag into Rwanda?