Wimbledon

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Wimbledon

Post by Cornerfleg »

Why are all the Minions male?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:Why are all the Minions male?
Their (male) creator says it's because they are "dumb and stupid".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No melons or vadge.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
No melons or vadge.
No moobs or lanyard either.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
No melons or vadge.
No moobs or lanyard either.
You sure?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:If women got equal prize money at Wimbledon, I'd be really pisssed off. It directly effects me in the following ways........well I mean, I'm going to vehemently oppose this online because of some very important reasons that I feel very very strongly about. For one, it would be extremely very, and I mean very... very, very terrible and also entirely awful. Things like this cannot happen, I'd be outraged and affronted.

Let's agree to stop this from happening now and forever. Ultimately, it is crucial and also quite so extremely necessary. I feel the matter is now settled and I'll write to women to let them know my decision.
Women are paid more than men at Wimbledon

Back of a fag packet says it's 1.66 times the amount a man takes home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Looks like Murray and your Aussie/Hungarian woman are both knackered before the thing even starts.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:If women got equal prize money at Wimbledon, I'd be really pisssed off. It directly effects me in the following ways........well I mean, I'm going to vehemently oppose this online because of some very important reasons that I feel very very strongly about. For one, it would be extremely very, and I mean very... very, very terrible and also entirely awful. Things like this cannot happen, I'd be outraged and affronted.

Let's agree to stop this from happening now and forever. Ultimately, it is crucial and also quite so extremely necessary. I feel the matter is now settled and I'll write to women to let them know my decision.

Players?
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

What?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

Back of a fag packet says it's 1.33 times the amount a man takes home

What?
The prize pot for each place is the same for men and women

Men draw a 20% larger audience than women on average

Men play 66% longer than women

Therefore women are paid 1.33 times more than men for the value they create

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

What?

They don't get "paid" they win prize money. Personally I think women should get vouchers for kitchen related goods or sexy clothes.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

What?

They don't get "paid" they win prize money. Personally I think women should get vouchers for kitchen related goods or sexy clothes.
Well then you're sexist

Prize money should be awarded on the value they earn

If a womens 3 set match on a saturday has 20% less viewers than a 5 set mens match on a Sunday but they win the same, then something is wrong

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The women take home more cash on average because most of them also play the doubles and mixed doubles. Very few of the elite men do because of the punishing singles schedule.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:The women take home more cash on average because most of them also play the doubles and mixed doubles. Very few of the elite men do because of the punishing singles schedule.
Totally forgot the doubles

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Women are bad.
Last edited by Dave on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.