London Bridge

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: London Bridge

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Police have indeed described it as a terror attack however it is sadly supposedly the case that the ambulance service took 45 minutes and the police an hour to respond. I hope this is bullshite because it will reinforce feelings of prejudice against Muslims and the last thing we need is more becoming radicalised.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Sadiq tells us it's part and parcel of living in London

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:Not soon, Dave, sadly, not soon.

Interesting too see the police pretty quickly describe this as an act of terrorism, probably a good thing to do, to acknowledge that Muslims can be victims of terror as well as anyone else. But also I see a claim that the perpetrator is to be investigated with respect to 'mental health issues'.
https://www.google.es/search?q=terroris ... caYM61o-M:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Not soon, Dave, sadly, not soon.

Interesting too see the police pretty quickly describe this as an act of terrorism, probably a good thing to do, to acknowledge that Muslims can be victims of terror as well as anyone else. But also I see a claim that the perpetrator is to be investigated with respect to 'mental health issues'.
https://www.google.es/search?q=terroris ... caYM61o-M:
Yeah Merv you'd kind of think not too many terrorist were perfectly balanced sane individuals.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sadly it seems that little has changed since the belief that one bomb in London was worth ten in Belfast... Since Manchester on 22 May we have had..

23 May 11 killed in Kandahar
26 May 28 killed in Egypt
27 May 13 killed in Khost
30 May 30 killed in Baghdad
31May 150 killed in Kabul
1 June 16 killed in Iraq
3 June 20 killed in Kabul
6 June 10 killed in Herat
7 June 11 killed in Mosul
8 June 14 killed in Nigeria
9 June 30 killed in Iraq
11 June 11 killed in Congo
14 June 31 killed in Somalia
and 6 today in Thailand

for the most part I only highlight those that made double figures, easy to forget and I suspect most don't either know or give a feck about..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Pretty sure that the emergency response was not as muted by one eye-witness and more likely in minutes..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Sadly it seems that little has changed since the belief that one bomb in London was worth ten in Belfast... Since Manchester on 22 May we have had..

23 May 11 killed in Kandahar
26 May 28 killed in Egypt
27 May 13 killed in Khost
30 May 30 killed in Baghdad
31May 150 killed in Kabul
1 June 16 killed in Iraq
3 June 20 killed in Kabul
6 June 10 killed in Herat
7 June 11 killed in Mosul
8 June 14 killed in Nigeria
9 June 30 killed in Iraq
11 June 11 killed in Congo
14 June 31 killed in Somalia
and 6 today in Thailand

for the most part I only highlight those that made double figures, easy to forget and I suspect most don't either know or give a feck about..
Cockers I could be way off the mark, but the only ones I can remember definitely seeing on the BBC News were 30th May Bagdad, 31st May Kabul, 7th June in Mosul, 9th June Iraq. I obviously may well have been out in the garden drinking gin but certainly haven't heard of most.

As Major Gowen from Watery Fowls would have said, "They're only bloody Fuzzy Wuzzies Fawlty". After all Cockers we're still as a country giving out medals that celebrate the Empire - fackin' England eh?

I always felt that 1 bomb on the mainland was rated as 1:100 in terms of NI bombings the vast majority of which the Brits hadn't a solitary Fuc'k to give. I remember as a lad just turned 18 in 1972, seeing the Oxford Street Bus Station bombing aftermath and vividly recall substantial body parts being swept up with brush & shovel on the NI News, I very much doubt if the graphic images were played to the wider UK, and I doubt anything as graphic was ever shown again. It was one of those sights you wish you could unsee, I'll never forget it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Pretty sure that the emergency response was not as muted by one eye-witness and more likely in minutes..
Hope you are right Cockers, could so easily be twisted by some dirtbag. I hear that the poor bloke who died had actually collapsed before the van attack and was already in a bad way. Poor Fecker, just not his day to get lucky.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Some interesting theories about today ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk