Manchester

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Manchester

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Syria is an extremely complex situation. Far far far more than Assad versus ISIS. Assad may wish to snuff out ISIS but also his own people or anyone who opposes his regime.
Correct about people opposing his regime, just the same as Gaddafi and Saddam, that's how those tribal countries work, and for a very good reason, take out that severe control and you have the results in Libya and Iraq.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Syria is an extremely complex situation. Far far far more than Assad versus ISIS. Assad may wish to snuff out ISIS but also his own people or anyone who opposes his regime.
Correct about people opposing his regime, just the same as Gaddafi and Saddam, that's how those tribal countries work, and for a very good reason, take out that severe control and you have the results in Libya and Iraq.
Must be weird living in one of those tribal countries :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Must be weird living in one of those tribal countries :lol:
If you comply with the boss mans rules and thoughts fine otherwise you are fecked :shock:
The rest of the gulf states are the same it's just they are a bit more subtle in how they control the plebs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The UK terrorism threat level has been reduced from critical to severe, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.
The change indicates an attack is highly likely, not imminently expected.
Soldiers deployed to support the police will be stood down on Monday night, at the close of the bank holiday weekend.
All is well again, problem solved and all that :roll:
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Yes there is truth in that. The conflict in Syria begin with a people led uprising trying dispose Assad. It wasn't based on western intervention initially. When it is forced then it never works.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Yes there is truth in that. The conflict in Syria begin with a people led uprising trying dispose Assad. It wasn't based on western intervention initially. When it is forced then it never works.
Erdogan has gone on a jail filling run since they tried to overthrow him, no doubt only the West was warning him and watching him quite a few thousand would have got the firing squad some day to sort that notion out of them, it's a way of life over in that region.
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Rooster.... it is indeed interesting that this batch appear to have fought on the same side as us (so to speak) probably not only armed but trained by us as well no doubt. Not the first time Bin Laden was one of ours also.

I reckon if Assad tumbles the Middle East clusterfeck will increase ten fold.
I'm firmly in the Putin theory about Assad, he might not be what westerners think as a good leader of a country but he is a heck of a lot better than what would come after him if he was defeated, he wants rid of ISIS as much as anyone does so why the heck not help him to snuff them out.
It's just more of the idiotic ill informed western approach to the middle east.
I think it is not so much ill informed but more a idealistic thought that everyone should adhere to Western values.
Granted, but there is total ignorance of the depth to which the tribal culture is ingrained in the region.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I blame the end of the Ottoman Empire....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

The Armenians may not agree
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:I blame the end of the Ottoman Empire....
It's hard to know what to put at the foot of your bed these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I blame the end of the Ottoman Empire....
It's hard to know what to put at the foot of your bed these days.
Sheesh, have you ever tried putting your winter duvet into an Armenian? :roll:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I don't like religious fanatics and whilst I have met my fair share of muslims most of whom are lovely people many I wouldn't trust as far as I could lift Robbie Diack.. sad but true and based on contact not reading a book or what some academic told me based on his reading..

Some of those I knew best where amongst the biggest hypocrites who could ever wish to meet.. the DUP has some as well.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:I don't like religious fanatics and whilst I have met my fair share of muslims most of whom are lovely people many I wouldn't trust as far as I could lift Robbie Diack.. sad but true and based on contact not reading a book or what some academic told me based on his reading..

Some of those I knew best where amongst the biggest hypocrites who could ever wish to meet.. the DUP has some as well.
I know 2 Muslims well. One is fairly secular and is a bit of a Delboy - he'd buy you and sell you. The other is very religious and I'd trust him with my life and/or my life savings.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I don't like religious fanatics and whilst I have met my fair share of muslims most of whom are lovely people many I wouldn't trust as far as I could lift Robbie Diack.. sad but true and based on contact not reading a book or what some academic told me based on his reading..

I know 2 Muslims well. One is fairly secular and is a bit of a Delboy - he'd buy you and sell you. The other is very religious and I'd trust him with my life and/or my life savings.
So you'd send 50% of Muslims to the shap then? >EW
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

So you'd send 50% of Muslims to the shap then? >EW
I wouldn't trust 100% of Free Presbyterians to go to the shap for me
Rory Best