Manchester

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Manchester

Post by Kofi Annan »

No words can describe how as a father I feel, many time you let you children go to concerts alway praying they will be okay in such large crowds, when you let them go , you always expect them to come home.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Manchester

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:No words can describe how as a father I feel, many time you let you children go to concerts alway praying they will be okay in such large crowds, when you let them go , you always expect them to come home.
Yes Kofi, a very disturbing development in the type of attack as the average age of attenders at that concert is probably 15 or 16.

I see the little Englanders are already shouting it's the we had the borders closed to immigrants coming from the EU, I will put money on it now though that the perpetrator has been here for years through legitimate channels or else actually born here.
The security services have been warning about these extremists for years yet we can't watch them all and the latest ban on them heading to Syria is daft as they should be let go and their British passports cancelled, chances are they won't return anyway and keeping them here they are a sleeping bomb waiting to go off and in the interim converting more to their sick methods of ideology
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If this prompts a few acts by numpties against Mosques or Muslims it will have achieved its aim. Utterly unpreventable, go to any place where crowds gather and it's a potential target.

Very sad news, 22 young people massacred for what? Christ, I hate religion, peace and love my manky old hole, it's the greatest cause of whataboutery and sower of seeds of separation and mistrust between people who really have more in common that that which divides them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

So do we just give up and presume these attacks are inevitable ala Mr Khan?
Intelligence is good but there are things we can do better.
1.Get in amongst these communities and get them to cooperate with unveiling these extremists.
I'm sorry but I regard silence in these affairs as complicity.
2.Persuade religious leaders to condemn these attacks and end this utter misconception that there is a form of righteousness in suicide.
3. Force social network sites to cooperate in exposing these extremists who use them to propegate their evil ideas.
Its pretty simple for me there are two sides in this with no bystanders.
We need to know who is for us and who is against us.
Too many responsible people for me not doing enough and their silence is deafening.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bazzaj wrote:So do we just give up and presume these attacks are inevitable ala Mr Khan?
1.Get in amongst these communities and get them to cooperate with unveiling these extremists.
2.Persuade religious leaders to condemn these attacks and end this utter misconception that there is a form of righteousness in suicide.
3. Force social network sites to cooperate in exposing these extremists who use them to propegate their evil ideas.
Too many responsible people for me not doing enough and their silence is deafening.
Bazz, you know the whole social network thing for a start is a red herring, where do you think security services get a lot of their info and contacts, yip the social network sites which they do monitor and infiltrate.
Some of those guys are so far off the planet that their own families don't even know what they are at, then again some do and are scared to say as they then get tarred with the same brush and they have honor within families.
It's a different religion with fanatics just like we have fanatics here only difference is they don't like blowing themselves up for their cause.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I would imagine a lot of the intelligence that supposedly helps the forces of law and order thwart 99% of these attacks comes from within the Muslim community.

A minor point in the big scheme but it has to be said that last night's unfortunate events has helped Theresa out of a massive hole - from Weak and Wobbly to Strong and Stable and noone able to say owt.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:So do we just give up and presume these attacks are inevitable ala Mr Khan?
Don't be so fuc'king stupid JIzzbeg, not what I meant & if you don't understand that you are dumber than dirt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Rooster wrote:
Bazz, you know the whole social network thing for a start is a red herring, where do you think security services get a lot of their info and contacts, yip the social network sites which they do monitor and infiltrate.
Some of those guys are so far off the planet that their own families don't even know what they are at, then again some do and are scared to say as they then get tarred with the same brush and they have honor within families.
It's a different religion with fanatics just like we have fanatics here only difference is they don't like blowing themselves up for their cause.
Don't quite agree there Roost.
The last terror attack in Westminster the terrorist used wassap to communicate.
Where you argue it helps flush them out I would counter argue that we should be stopping it at source.

Terrorist activity here was undermined chiefly by intelligence gathering within the communities.
We need complete glassnost from the Muslim community which we don't get and fundamentalism is allowed to flourish.

As I said too many responsible people are allowed to sit on the fence.
They take advantage of our liberal approach.

To say noone knows what is going on after the event I find that hard to believe.
Are they really going to say otherwise?

Are we seriously to believe a bomb was ordered created handled and detonated in a major city without anyone having a sniff of a clue?
Simple profiling could also prevent these acts but people don't want to be seen discriminating.

While I appreciate our current liberal approach the simple fact is its not working.
We need to take a harder line.
I don't mind infringing on people's feelings or rights if it means preventing this happening again.
Any normal logical thinking person or non terrorist sympathiser should be thinking the same.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

If you google 'muslim leaders condemn Manchester attack' you'll see that all over the UK and beyond, muslim communities are standing up and stating unequivocally that this kind of action is wrong. They do this regularly, after each and every outrage.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The terrorist in Westminster did use WhatsApp but no one knows if he communicated with anyone or just opened the app
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

We can now stop making assumptions that it was Muslim terrorists as Islamic state group have admitted responsiblity.
Apologise for making such earlier discriminate assumptions but congrats as I didn't think I could see lower depths of humanity plummeted after remembrance day in Enniskillen, but they've done it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

promenader 2 wrote:
If you google 'muslim leaders condemn Manchester attack' you'll see that all over the UK and beyond, muslim communities are standing up and stating unequivocally that this kind of action is wrong. They do this regularly, after each and every outrage.
Haven't seen any on the news but I'm on it
Certainly if all these leaders Imams etc are speaking out they need more of a platform than Google.
It didn't take the Ayatollah long to persuade them all to blow themselves up.
Last edited by bazzaj on Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

bazzaj wrote:Don't quite agree there Roost.
The last terror attack in Westminster the terrorist used wassap to communicate.
Where you argue it helps flush them out I would counter argue that we should be stopping it at source.

Terrorist activity here was undermined chiefly by intelligence gathering within the communities.
We need complete glassnost from the Muslim community which we don't get and fundamentalism is allowed to flourish.

As I said too many responsible people are allowed to sit on the fence.
They take advantage of our liberal approach.

To say noone knows what is going on after the event I find that hard to believe.
Are they really going to say otherwise?

Are we seriously to believe a bomb was ordered created handled and detonated in a major city without anyone having a sniff of a clue?
Simple profiling could also prevent these acts but people don't want to be seen discriminating.

While I appreciate our current liberal approach the simple fact is its not working.
We need to take a harder line.
I don't mind infringing on people's feelings or rights if it means preventing this happening again.
Any normal logical thinking person or non terrorist sympathiser should be thinking the same.
Any sources for this vast array of unsubstantiated nonsense, Bazz? Or just spouting your own opinions and feelings on the matter?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Rueters Neil.
Please indulge my feelings as my wife and daughter tried to get tickets for that concert but couldn't.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bazzaj wrote:We can now stop making assumptions that it was Muslim terrorists as Islamic state group have admitted responsiblity.
Apologise for making such earlier discriminate assumptions but congrats as I didn't think I could see lower depths of humanity plummeted after remembrance day in Enniskillen, but they've done it.
Bazz there are a very limited number of groups who are prepared to turn themselves into burger meat for their cause, ISIS or a few affiliated headers from that general end of the world are about it, once it was known to be a suicide bomb it does not take a genius to work out who did it.
Rory Best