Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Add in a selection of the gentry who graciously allow the odd shepherd to graze their land with subsidies to the owner.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Add in a selection of the gentry who graciously allow the odd shepherd to graze their land with subsidies to the owner.
Add in the National Trust who gather up in excess of £8 million a year and the RSPB who also take in £3.5 million and are the 2 largest CAP payment claimants in UK, incidentally both have been very vocal in it's reform as they would get an even bigger wedge.

By the way most of the gentry ones you mention are deals built into the rent agreements and reduce the rent by an equivalent amount.

Interesting fact, the Mormons are one of the biggest land owners in the UK
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:Standard Civil Service practice Rooster. If you want rid of somebody, promote them and move them to greener pastures.
Which is totally wrong, remember not only do you get a pay rise on promotion but you also get a fatter pension, if the same people were in the private sector they would be lucky to have a job the next morning never mind a pay rise and bigger pension and perhaps if the civil service was the same then the people involved would take more care and pride in their work and not cost the country millions in the process.
This is one big high profile mistake but I am pretty sure if you added up the rest of the errors over the past 5 years you would come up with a similar amount of money wasted through incompetence, in fact when I think about it £400 million over 20 years is £20 million a year so it wouldn't take much digging to find another batch of feckups to match that figure each year and every year.
And that, folks is the problem. We keep hearing it's going to cost us 400 million. It's more like 1.2 billion, but the politicians and press in this vile statelet do not count it as a loss unless it comes out of the block grant.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Looks like Jonathan Bell is going to "take one for the team" tonight in an interview with Nolan, all my fault etc.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Looks like Jonathan Bell is going to "take one for the team" tonight in an interview with Nolan, all my fault etc.
Those who devised the scheme should also take one for the team but that will not happen.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Looks like Jonathan Bell is going to "take one for the team" tonight in an interview with Nolan, all my fault etc.
Not if his team is the DUP, it sounds very like he is going to be persona non grata within the DUP.

Quote: Do you think I can see terminally ill children sent home from hospital while millions of pounds are abused.

Interview in the can with Nolan, teasing us to wait until 10.40 tonight. Bell sounded broken and it seems impossible to believe that what he says is anything but the truth given what he has to lose.

DUP eh?

Nolan has been stringing this out. One might think he should just get it all out, but intriguingly, the longer it is strung out, the more the DUP are tripping themselves in lie after lie, distortion after distortion.

Dodds even claimed they had the whistleblowers consent to release her 2013 email. Even that was a lie, she said no such consent had been given, indeed she said, "only in NI would an email be released without consent".

Doddsie is saying Arlene had a "Bobby Ewing moment" aka she had only had the impression she had heard the whistleblowers concerns but hadn't actually, when Mrs Fascist herself told Spotlight she had passed them on & had been told she had acted appropriately. :banghead:

You couldn't make this up ......................... but it appears Doddsie is.

Arlene Fascist appears to be a dead First Minister Walking, albeit DUPers are famously brassnecked, & Doddsie is revealing himself to be a publicly proven liar.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Not if his team is the DUP, it sounds very like he is going to be persona non grata within the DUP.

Quote: Do you think I can see terminally ill children sent home from hospital while millions of pounds are abused.

Interview in the can with Nolan, teasing us to wait until 10.40 tonight. Bell sounded broken and it seems impossible to believe that what he says is anything but the truth given what he has to lose.

DUP eh?

Nolan has been stringing this out. One might think he should just get it all out, but intriguingly, the longer it is strung out, the more the DUP are tripping themselves in lie after lie, distortion after distortion.

Dodds even claimed they had the whistleblowers consent to release her 2013 email. Even that was a lie, she said no such consent had been given, indeed she said, "only in NI would an email be released without consent".

Doddsie is saying Arlene had a "Bobby Ewing moment" aka she had only had the impression she had heard the whistleblowers concerns but hadn't actually, when Mrs Fascist herself told Spotlight she had passed them on & had been told she had acted appropriately. :banghead:

You couldn't make this up ......................... but it appears Doddsie is.

Arlene Fascist appears to be a dead First Minister Walking, albeit DUPers are famously brassnecked, & Doddsie is revealing himself to be a publicly proven liar.
Will you be watching then? >EW The DUP will no doubt close ranks..
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Good job "God" told Jonathan to come clean :roll: Think he might have a bit of an agenda himself. Political career over my ar$e. Sure, he can walk straight into the UUP.

What an absolute shythole this is.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I remember I used to laugh at the "cute hoor" politicians of the South.

Jeez, they were amateurs compared to our lot up here.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bell is taking one for the team to save Arlene's skin. Will the public fall for it again?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

would not trust Bell in the same room with my granny
Last edited by Gerald the Mole on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

This is the best crack since Iris rid thon wee lad in the lock-keepers. Feck, it's almost worth £485 million.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

You forgot an "all of the above" choice, Merv!
Bo***cks to Brexit
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:Bell is taking one for the team to save Arlene's skin. Will the public fall for it again?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I think bell is saving his own skin and arlene may be the casualty. He probably saw himself as pretty vulnerable and reports of a row with arlene at the time wouldn't help his chances. Hell be a uup or indy by next week.