Tattoo studio recommendations

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Tattoo studio recommendations

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:... I believe it is illegal to tattoo young people under the age of 18
Not just young people - anyone under the age of 18.

Pedantry rules okay! :thumleft:
We used to have a word for 'young people under the age of 18'. What was it? Oh aye - childer.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:I'm pretty sure employers have the right to not hire and the right to fire people with visible tattoos
the invisible ones never really caught on :duck:

I believe you're correct btw. The only loophole is the Equality Act, and you would have to demonstrate that the tattoo was intrinsically linked to a religious belief system.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Snipe Watson wrote: There's a beautiful irony in the fact that he has the Union Flag the right way up. Clearly a details man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There must be something about leylists and spelling... I seem to remember some commemorative stuff produced for the "Seige of Dumcree" and when someone pointed out "i before e..." they tried to claim it was the original spelling.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mikerob wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: There's a beautiful irony in the fact that he has the Union Flag the right way up. Clearly a details man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There must be something about leylists and spelling... I seem to remember some commemorative stuff produced for the "Seige of Dumcree" and when someone pointed out "i before e..." they tried to claim it was the original spelling.
The guy I'm referring to claims that he wanted the mistakes in his to be different.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:A young gentleman of my acquaintance has a fantastic tattoo of a poem on his forearm. It contains three spelling mistakes and an apostrophe where should be none.
Interestingly he is 16 and I believe it is illegal to tattoo young people under the age of 18
I could be wrong Snipe but I think that with parental approval it is 16, or younger possibly :duh: A classic case of "I blame the parents" ....... and illiterate tattooists.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anyone seen 'Memento'? A bloke with next to no short term memory following his wife's murder, gets important information tattooed. If you like film noir, well worth a look.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

solidarity wrote:Anyone seen 'Memento'? A bloke with next to no short term memory following his wife's murder, gets important information tattooed. If you like film noir, well worth a look.
That's a handy idea for aged forgetful geezers. PM it to Baggy.................. :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A young gentleman of my acquaintance has a fantastic tattoo of a poem on his forearm. It contains three spelling mistakes and an apostrophe where should be none.
Interestingly he is 16 and I believe it is illegal to tattoo young people under the age of 18
I could be wrong Snipe but I think that with parental approval it is 16, or younger possibly :duh: A classic case of "I blame the parents" ....... and illiterate tattooists.
I believe in this instance you are wrong Bagster.

I understand that under the Tattooing of Minors Act 1969 (in UK) or Tattooing of Minors Order 1979 (in NI), there are no exemptions for parental consent. The only exemptions are if the tattoo is deemed necessary for medical reasons and carried out by a medical practitioner or someone working under their supervision. What such medical reasons might be are beyond me, but perhaps there are circumstances when it might be justified.

If a tattooist tattoos a minor, the onus is on them to prove that they had reasonable cause to believe the tattooed person was over 18 at the time of the act.

Of course, I could be wrong ....... what would I know? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Thank you all for your helpful advice I'm away to get a massive sectarian tattoo on my face ;-)
Last edited by shamalicious on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

shamalicious wrote:Thank you l for your helpful advice Image I'm away to get a massive sectarian tattoo on my face ;-)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
You may as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb. Knock yer sel out girlie......... :thumleft:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:The only exemptions are if the tattoo is deemed necessary for medical reasons ...What such medical reasons might be are beyond me, but perhaps there are circumstances when it might be justified.
IIRC - tattoos are sometimes used in conjunction with plastic/reconstructive surgery. Eyebrows, etc.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Anyone recently got a tattoo and can recommend a place?

I know Baggy can't help with this one Image
FFFS Shammy, don't do it. Think 40 years ahead and imagine yerself in the emergency room, the clothes hanging aff ye and some junior doctor wondering what that mess in the ould doll us all about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, as you know I associate tats with sad fat drunken orangebastards.

Well sure, I've said my piece, but your a full grown woman Shammy, doubtful that the advice of a rancid ould fart will change your destiny - a meeting with the inkman's sharp blade. :shock:

In fairness, I know a woman or two much older than you with a tat, some even look half decent.(not Mrs T I hasten to add)
I'm certainly not orange.

Certainly am fat and drunken, though.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:The only exemptions are if the tattoo is deemed necessary for medical reasons ...What such medical reasons might be are beyond me, but perhaps there are circumstances when it might be justified.
IIRC - tattoos are sometimes used in conjunction with plastic/reconstructive surgery. Eyebrows, etc.
Good shout, BR :thumleft:

Not that the age is an issue, but I wonder if I go for liposuction, would they tattoo a six pack on to my reduced torso for maximum effect? :lol:

On the other hand, the continued use of another type of six pack might soon distort that somewhat. :stout:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HairyJ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I associate tats with sad fat drunken orangebastards.

A good tattooist could probably sort that for you. :duck:

Might require a lot of ink though. :D
I'm not arguing -
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
HairyJ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I associate tats with sad fat drunken orangebastards.

A good tattooist could probably sort that for you. :duck:

Might require a lot of ink though. :D
It would take some shlap of ink alright.

I bought stuff tonight to treat wooden furniture. 1L covers 3.5 to 5 metres squared of wood.

Assuming ink requires a similar ratio, my tattooist would be buying it in kegs, not bottles.