Chilcot Report

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Chilcot Report

Post by Gary »

So after 7 years, we are told that Mr Blair was a liar, warmonger and the reason for thousands of violent deaths.

Hands up anyone who didn't already know that...yep, thought so. :evil:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Chilcot Report

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:So after 7 years, we are told that Mr Blair was a liar, warmonger and the reason for thousands of violent deaths.

Hands up anyone who didn't already know that...yep, thought so. :evil:
There are many countries that if Blair had done the same would either have him locked up for life or executed.

If the fiasco of removing Saddam was extrapolated it is a prime reason for the mess they are in now with ISIS, under Saddams rule that mob would not have lived long enough to have been a threat.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Here are the MPs from the north of Ireland who voted for the invasion of Iraq.

Roy Beggs (UUP Antrim East)
David Burnside (UUP Antrim South)
Gregory Campbell (DUP Derry East)
Nigel Dodds (DUP Belfast North)
Jeffrey Donaldson (UUP Lagan Valley)
Sylvia Hermon (UUP Down North)
Ian Paisley (DUP Antrim North)
Iris Robinson (DUP Strangford)
Peter Robinson (DUP Belfast East)
Martin Smyth (UUP Belfast South)
David Trimble (UUP Upper Bann)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Blair's fecking loving the attention. He's in his bleedin' element.

He only popped up on Brexit the other day as a dry run for this performance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:Here are the MPs from the north of Ireland who voted for the invasion of Iraq.

Roy Beggs (UUP Antrim East)
David Burnside (UUP Antrim South)
Gregory Campbell (DUP Derry East)
Nigel Dodds (DUP Belfast North)
Jeffrey Donaldson (UUP Lagan Valley)
Sylvia Hermon (UUP Down North)
Ian Paisley (DUP Antrim North)
Iris Robinson (DUP Strangford)
Peter Robinson (DUP Belfast East)
Martin Smyth (UUP Belfast South)
David Trimble (UUP Upper Bann)
I think naming lists of MPs who voted for the war or opposed it is a distraction (Not that I think you are doing that).
What we have had confirmed today beyond any doubt is that an acceptable, but false pretext was carefully created to dupe parliament and the people. Parliamentary and government procedures were flouted and a smokescreen was established in order to facilitate a predetermined course of events.
What appears to be evident is that this was Blair's doing start, finish and middle. He was either wildly incompetent and cavalier or else he is guilty of perpetrating a war crime. Blair was used by Bush and Rumsfelt who I believe played him like a banjo. He flattered him, drew him in and once he had him where he wanted him used him as a puppet.
"Special relationship", my backside.

Oh aye and Alistair Campbell is another guilty party.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Another report which will achieve f-ck all.

The wars will continue, whether justifiable or not, and the same folk will continue to profit......including folk who are involved in producing reports.

What's the issue anyway - The UK, along with others, has been murdering and profiting from that for centuries. Are we supposed to believe this ended years ago.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Blair's fecking loving the attention. He's in his bleedin' element.

Today's not a day for soundbites, but .....

Noticeable he expresses sorrow, regret and apology now ....... when the findings have gone against him.

Did he express similar in the intervening years, and would he have expressed similar if Chilcot had not found against him?

Even his apology was qualified and reflected that - sorry the finding went against him, not sorry for what he did.

Still some things never change - you can always tell when he's telling lies ..... finish it yourself - you know how it goes.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Blair's fecking loving the attention. He's in his bleedin' element.

I hate the fact that he has a platform to preach at us again on Iraq. He is a vile individual.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:

I hate the fact that he has a platform to preach at us again on Iraq. He is a vile individual.
I think he is entitled to mount a defence for his actions. However what is glaringly obvious is that despite having years to prepare his defence, his works have rung hollow and he has simply revisited the same excuses he has used in the past. Contemptible is the word I would use to describe his performance.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well at least unlike the Widgery Report into Bloody Sunday this is not a whitewash.

B Lair guilty as charged though, lest we rush to execute him, unless I read it incorrectly, he did not lie to Parliament as had been widely expected, in fact, though clearly the villain of the peace/piece he is not guilty of several things he is widely assumed to have been.

Indeed, his major failing it appears is incompetence, something I suspect that will cut him to the bone given his high levels of self-esteem.

He showed outward signs of remorse and regret though of course he did not earn the sobriquet "Phoney Tony" easily and is a skilled performer.

His "Legacy" :roll: , which all these chubes appear most concerned about, is forever blackened by this report and that will sting like a barsteward.

Tony B Liar was and remains a huge disappointment to me. I well remember the night he was first elected and there was a feeling that things really could change for the better in not only this shitehole but HMQ's entire shitehole, then we got Tory-lite followed by hapless Gordon the sour yin-eyed Scot and Labour's entire ringpiece has collapsed around it's ears since.

May he survive in misery for quite some time. I feel the hand of history on us tonight, a hand with a finger pointing straight at Blair and a voice behind it shouting, Yer a feckin' back til front boy".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Blair as I understand spoke for longer than Chilcot did in presenting his report… I feel sorry for the British Soldiers that give their lives for this lie and for the people of the Garden of Eden, the birthplace of Abraham who are still suffering today in a land more divided than ever before…

Blair has made a fortune over the past years hopefully he will get his comeuppance one day… he deserves that.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:

I think he is entitled to mount a defence for his actions. However what is glaringly obvious is that despite having years to prepare his defence, his works have rung hollow and he has simply revisited the same excuses he has used in the past. Contemptible is the word I would use to describe his performance.
His defense is based on the fact that he doesn't know what a lie is. Broadcasting this into the homes of his victims and their families is reprehensible. I'd rather he make his defense from behind a pillow that is being held over his face.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I would like to know what really happened to David Kelly.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:I would like to know what really happened to David Kelly.
If the British government want you dead, dead you will be.
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

Just wonder who suggested that it would be handy if Mr Kelly decided to commit suicide.

Actually, I've a fair idea who it was.