Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by BR »

Plus it was probably a bit daft having it on a Sunday. People have other things to do.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Shan wrote: I was hoping they'd struggle to get 200k but I'm afraid they'll get double that. Still it will be a lot lower than the million who were in the Phoenix Park in 1979 so at least it is moving the right way.
So looks like they got even less than the 200k. I'm sure that Diarmuid Martin will be pretty upset no matter how much of a brave face he puts on.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:The garda estimate of less than 130,000 says it all about the collapse in religious belief all over Ireland.
I realised, like most people of my generation, several decades ago that all religions are bunkum and there is no afterlife or reincarnation or whatever you want.

I have settled into being a non practising athiest for a long time but I must say this. Despite the crimes of all the churches and the misery they visited on people, they still provided a basic structure of values and even spirituality that has been good for many people. Christmas is a legend but it's still nice to have it. Western culture will be hard to understand in the future in the absence of any reference points or historical context.

D4, LOOK.......... I can't be doing with that tired old piece of ballix. I've had it pedalled in my presence too many times. I suppose your "get out" on that is "a basic structure of values" but please let's be clear, had it not been tales of Old Beardie, some other framework of population control would have been provided.

Indeed, had I been around 2000 plus years ago - in fact, allow me to digress for a minute, in earth years I am 64 but inside I am 2050 of your earth years old, maybe that's why I'm the Jesus of Suburbia - I could have sorted it in a trice, no need for 10 commandments, no need for a book of shyte to put weemin in their place, gays and any other minority that Old Beardie regards as an abomination, the DUP for example.

No just one commandment - "don't be a Warren Gatland". Simple, it implies treating everyone decently, no need for all the bibles anti-lobster propaganda and the rest, FFFS had those bast@rds no taste buds?

OK, lesson learned I assume? :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I don't know why anyone would support this kunt.Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:I don't know why anyone would support this kunt.
Well I wouldn't exactly call old Vincent a kunt now. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's catchy...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Image
Yes, I enjoyed that, the very moral nuns hurling the dead babies of unmarried sluts into the septic tank. I suppose it was the luckier ones they sold for profit. Ah the good old profit motive, it makes up for moral turpitude in most people's eyes. Sure God bless the good nuns, doing God's work.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Image
Yes, I enjoyed that, the very moral nuns hurling the dead babies of unmarried sluts into the septic tank. I suppose it was the luckier ones they sold for profit. Ah the good old profit motive, it makes up for moral turpitude in most people's eyes. Sure God bless the good nuns, doing God's work.
Frankie said it himself yesterday. Babies must be baptised. That's when "the holy spirit enters them" :roll: Presumably the ones who ended up in the septic tank were just caca.
They really do makes this sh$t up as they go along. Why does anybody with a titter of wit gave this nonsense any credibility? :duh:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Pope Francis has been spotted driving along the Knock Road and waving at gobsmacked onlookers, it has emerged.

The sight of the Popemobile cruising through East Belfast brought traffic to a standstill with many people unable to believe their eyes.

A mix-up in the Pontiff’s itinerary is being blamed for the unannounced visit to Belfast after he failed to appear at the Roman Catholic pilgrimage site in the village of Knock, County Mayo.

The motorcade made its way along the Newtownards Road until it stopped outside the Con Club.

Staff were left in a state of ‘total shack’ when the supreme pontiff asked if they were still serving lunch.

One eyewitness claims that his holiness and his entourage held hands and said a prayer as soon as the waitress arrived back with their chicken goujons and chips.

At first they believed it was an elaborate hoax but it quickly became apparent it was indeed the 266th Bishop of Rome

‘I thought it was some fellas on a Stag party taking the pi$h’, recalls barfly Basher Stewart.

‘But they were talkin’ in I-talian and were old as aul feck. So I Googled a picture of the Pope and sure enough, it was him’.

‘I text a few of the lads to tell them the Pope was in the Con Club eating chicken goujons but they told me to sober up and feck off’.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That Folau is one judgemental dick, discuss...

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think he'd fit in very well on this forum.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:I think he'd fit in very well on this forum.
Sounds very like Logan though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
I was thinking it sounded like what several posters here said about Logan.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I was thinking it sounded like what several posters here said about Logan.

Has anyone ever seen Shane Logan and Jesus Christ in the same place at the same time? :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18