Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So who perpetrated the bigger con, Jesus or Trump?
At least Trump is real, I think.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Not aware of any con by Jesus. There may be a con by folk who told stories about him though.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
Not aware of any con by Jesus. There may be a con by folk who told stories about him though.
You have to admit, thon water into vino was a quare trick.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jesus has been quoted as saying some mad brad pitt. He's had over two millennia to set the record straight.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Walking on water, water into wine, the old dead for 3 days trick admittedly slightly more impressive than cutting one's beautiful assistant in two, if only I'd read the bible more I'm sure I could give many more examples. For example, I'm sure he used the occasional tramp to pose as a cripple then gave him back his ability to walk, after all, what sort of an idiot believes in miracles.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Jesus has been quoted as saying some mad brad pitt. He's had over two millennia to set the record straight.
The great irony is that had he been about in 50s/60s America, and with skin of a somewhat dusky hue, he'd either have been "in the pen" having been fitted up by a KKK/PD double agent or confined to a mental institution where his brain would be fried from repeated eletric shock therapy.

Instead, the Seppos are his biggest fans, the most hated people in America are often said to be the Westboro Baps but statistically, Seppos hate atheists even more than Mr bar steward's friends, the fu@king faggots.

I will never understand mentalists, FFFS they voted more or less en-masse for Trump the dumbassed muthafukkas.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: You have to admit, thon water into vino was a quare trick.
Of course but Jesus has not said he did that or anything else. As I said those who told the stories made these claims. Jesus is not on record as writing anything down himself.

Trump on the other hand says and writes a lot of ballix himself. Admittedly most of it nowhere near the level of fantasy in some sections of the bible.....although his claim of being a stable genius is up there. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: >threaten

Walking on water, water into wine, the old dead for 3 days trick admittedly slightly more impressive than cutting one's beautiful assistant in two, if only I'd read the bible more I'm sure I could give many more examples. For example, I'm sure he used the occasional tramp to pose as a cripple then gave him back his ability to walk, after all, what sort of an idiot believes in miracles.
Funny. You appear to think Jesus wrote the bible.

I don't think it's a big secret it was written by others.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Who signed this I wonder?Image
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: >threaten

Funny. You appear to think Jesus wrote the bible.

I don't think it's a big secret it was written by others.
Just hould on a minute there pal. The bible is the literal word of God - according to the DUP anyway, but I thought commonly held belief amongst mentalists - Jesus is God and indeed our ould mate An Spioraid Naoimh. So Shan if the bible is the literal word of God, I put it to you that it is absolutely the literal word of Jesus El Saviour Christ.

The prosecution rests. :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

From what I have read the gospel authors remain anonymous despite the fact that they are all later attributed to a person. There is no reference to an author within the text. They are generally considered to have been written many decades after the death of Jesus.

The gospel of Mark was reportedly written first, approximately 60-70AD. Matthew and Luke looked to have used Mark as a source plus another source, hypothetically called Q source. There are, however, some smaller portions unique to Matthew and Luke individually.

The gospel of John is quite different and, from what I have read, written possibly by a Johannine sect rather than an individual. John is much more critical of 'the jews' than the other gospels.

Although yeah if you are in the DUP then Jesus wrote it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote: Jesus is not on record as writing anything down himself.
TagLine could learn a lesson in deniability.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So Shan if the bible is the literal word of God, I put it to you that it is absolutely the literal word of Jesus El Saviour Christ.

Correct.

It isn't of course so the case is invalid. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So Shan if the bible is the literal word of God, I put it to you that it is absolutely the literal word of Jesus El Saviour Christ.

Correct.

It isn't of course so the case is invalid. :D

WHAT?

Are you seriously telling me that the Christian Churches have been pedalling lies for century upon century - I mean holy for fu@k sake, I've been in churches and chapels where the lying sky-pilotbastard has unequivocally said "this is the word of the Lord" - telling us that their ould blarney is gospel, the word of god and you are telling me they've been lying all this time?

Think I'll go and burn down a church today in protest at Christians being nothing but lying conniving self-serving careerbastards.

Thanks for putting me right on that, Can I rely on support, will others burn down one of these temples of deceit?

Put the world to rights, burn a church today.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

No Baggy. Some Christians believe the bible is the literal word of God. I have no issue with that. They are wrong as it is just a book written by various ordinary humans. However they are entitled to be wrong just as we all are. I don't care what folk believe as long as they don't expect any privilege for these beliefs. Humans have been following Gods for thousands of years. The Christian God is just another one in a long list.