Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Fair enough, I wouldn't always agree but it is their choice.
Yeah. I was a bit concerned that the 12 week thing might swing too many yes votes to the no side. Without it I suspect the yes vote would have gone over 70%. Thankfully many didn't allow it to make them vote in favour of continuing to deny proper medical care for the people who are at risk because of the 8th. My view is that anybody who can look on with disinterest while the Irish State locks pregnant women to a bed and forces her to put her health or life at risk needs to take a look at themselves, at best.

Bad law guarantees hard cases.
12 weeks is quite conservative.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
Yeah. I was a bit concerned that the 12 week thing might swing too many yes votes to the no side. Without it I suspect the yes vote would have gone over 70%. Thankfully many didn't allow it to make them vote in favour of continuing to deny proper medical care for the people who are at risk because of the 8th. My view is that anybody who can look on with disinterest while the Irish State locks pregnant women to a bed and forces her to put her health or life at risk needs to take a look at themselves, at best.

If the baby is a Tory I'd support an extension to 40 weeks.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:

If the baby is a Tory I'd support an extension to 40 weeks.
Postpartum?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:12 weeks is quite conservative.
Whether that is true or not ya had some folk going on about designer babies, going on about how DS can be detected at 10 weeks etc. Trying to put the word about that folk are just waiting for the green light to begin mass slaughter of the innocents.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:least they appear to cancel each other out Image
Not mathematically.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The principles of Humanae Vitae, which banned artificial means of contraception, “have been ignored for too long” and need to be presented in a “fresh way”, the Catholic Bishop of Elphin Kevin Doran has said.

Bishop Doran was speaking at an event in Dublin marking the 50th anniversary of Pope Paul VI’s 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae. About 150 people attended the conference, which was organised by the Nazareth Family Institute, which organises Catholic pre-marriage courses and “marriage enrichment” courses.

“The principles of Humanae Vitae have been ignored for too long and need to be presented in a fresh way,” he said. “As a church, we probably have not lived up to that demand. It needs to be presented in contemporary language in an appropriate context.

“There is undoubtedly a place in schools for an appropriate presentation of the church’s teachings on human sexuality. I think we have, again, problems to address there. Not least, having a very good quality, Catholic inspired programme for relationship and sexuality.”

Simon Harris' response to this -
“Please just make it stop! Increasing access to & availability of contraception is and will remain public health policy. Religion plays an important role for many on an individual basis - but it will not determine health and social policy in our country any more. Please get that.”

I like this guy. He's never afraid to tell RCC reps to mind their own business.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Jeez hi he fairly went on there.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So good old Papa Frankie talks of shame but no apology and no answers.

Frankie, as head of the church the buck stops with you, you are still Head of the Paedos. Do me a favour and die soon, very soon. Those who look the other way for the sake of their organisation, be it church or otherwise are as bad as the perpetrators, paedo enablers.

#shamefulArgiebastard.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Did he basically blame the state too? If the state had done their job the church wouldn't have needed to step in and then sure we know what happened next.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

He said do this and don’t do that-say sorry, please, thank you and have 10 kids. Embarrassing!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

damianmcr wrote:Did he basically blame the state too? If the state had done their job the church wouldn't have needed to step in and then sure we know what happened next.

The Irish state is not blameless.

However Ireland is small potatoes compared to a global criminal conspiracy. This evil organisation is still actively trying to evade justice. We can see that clearly in the U.S with them desperately opposing efforts to change legislation on the statutes of limitations. They have not changed even one degree and never will, despite Frankie and his ballix.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So good old Papa Frankie talks of shame but no apology and no answers.

Frankie, as head of the church the buck stops with you, you are still Head of the Paedos. Do me a favour and die soon, very soon. Those who look the other way for the sake of their organisation, be it church or otherwise are as bad as the perpetrators, paedo enablers.

#shamefulArgiebastard.
Doesn't matter if he dies soon or not. This shower are not for changing and the next 1000 feckers in line will be the same. The nightmare scenario is that this lot are endorsed by a big turnout tomorrow in Dublin. I was hoping they'd struggle to get 200k but I'm afraid they'll get double that. Still it will be a lot lower than the million who were in the Phoenix Park in 1979 so at least it is moving the right way.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So good old Papa Frankie talks of shame but no apology and no answers.

#shamefulArgiebastard.
Doesn't matter if he dies soon or not. This shower are not for changing and the next 1000 feckers in line will be the same. The nightmare scenario is that this lot are endorsed by a big turnout tomorrow in Dublin. I was hoping they'd struggle to get 200k but I'm afraid they'll get double that. Still it will be a lot lower than the million who were in the Phoenix Park in 1979 so at least it is moving the right way.

I don't doubt you are right Shan, my trouble with him specifically was that I've had a family of Fenian friends over this last two weeks and the subject came up when they said they were flying into Dublin at the same time near enough as Frankie. In conversation, they tried to tell me that he is a great reformer but were unable to be specific. They are not blindly faithful, but faithful nonetheless and it galls me to see friends blinded to the reality of Frankie and his likes.

So yeah, die soon Frankie, at least with Herr Ratzinger you knew you had a Warren Gatland in charge, not a handwringing Jesuit pretending to be the Uriah Heap of popes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.