Sexist I know….

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Sexist I know….

Post by 222toHounslow »

There was talk of Mike Nesbitts Mrs getting into politics.

She would get mine!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Is she a cheerleader Mike?
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Nuala is the North Belfast Alliance MLA candidate. Watch this space. Rumours abound that she could sneak in as long as she is well ahead of the likes of the Greens and NI Labour on first count and gets say 50% of their transfers. I'm not betting on it though. Safer bet would be 2 Alliance MLA's in South Belfast? Discuss.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Nuala is the North Belfast Alliance MLA candidate. Watch this space. Rumours abound that she could sneak in as long as she is well ahead of the likes of the Greens and NI Labour on first count and gets say 50% of their transfers. I'm not betting on it though. Safer bet would be 2 Alliance MLA's in South Belfast? Discuss.
Are Alliance going for the young male vote?

There's also Jemima wotsername in West Belfast.

Whatever happened to good-old-fashioned sectarianism in Norn Iron poly-ticks? :roll:

's a disgrace, so it is!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

and the winner is......

images.jpg
images.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
:puker:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Unless it's happening on the politics thread, can I try to hijack this thread away from its sexist origins :roll: and turn it into the loosely related 'What do you see when you look at election posters'? I travel from Bangor to S Belfast every day so, covering three constituencies, to start the ball rolling, I give you:

Some hypercool bloke called McLean in N. Down who is straight out of a Kay's catalogue (ask somebody over fifty. Anybody remember the name of the other big catalogue back in the day?).

Stephen Agnew of the Greens has clearly sold his out all principles and is wearing a suit.

At first glance, there's someone called BUILD standing for the SDLP in N. Down

Again in N.Down, presumably the most famous candidate of them all, Bill Piper, a former Dr Who Assistant, who has clearly reinvented herself.

Not one, but two Katie Perry tribute acts in E Belfast.

A bloke standing for the 'Not the Labour Party' party, I think in S Belfast, who clearly has yet to learn that no-one ever, ever, ever gets elected wearing a round necked t shirt.

On the Belmont road a poster of Neil Wilson on a lamppost near a bus shelter with an advert containing a cartoon llama - indistinguishable.

And on TV from Foyle - Eammon McCann giving an object lesson in how to sneer and look superior while clearly being held upright by a strategically placed brush shaft.

Sorry I've no pics, if someone tells me how to, I'll illustrate the above!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

1970s - Freeman's Catalogue....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Nuala is the North Belfast Alliance MLA candidate. Watch this space. Rumours abound that she could sneak in as long as she is well ahead of the likes of the Greens and NI Labour on first count and gets say 50% of their transfers. I'm not betting on it though. Safer bet would be 2 Alliance MLA's in South Belfast? Discuss.
Can't see their vote holding up without Anna Lo.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

solidarity wrote:Unless it's happening on the politics thread, can I try to hijack this thread away from its sexist origins :roll: and turn it into the loosely related 'What do you see when you look at election posters'? I travel from Bangor to S Belfast every day so, covering three constituencies, to start the ball rolling, I give you:

Some hypercool bloke called McLean in N. Down who is straight out of a Kay's catalogue (ask somebody over fifty. Anybody remember the name of the other big catalogue back in the day?).

Stephen Agnew of the Greens has clearly sold his out all principles and is wearing a suit.

At first glance, there's someone called BUILD standing for the SDLP in N. Down

Again in N.Down, presumably the most famous candidate of them all, Bill Piper, a former Dr Who Assistant, who has clearly reinvented herself.

Not one, but two Katie Perry tribute acts in E Belfast.

A bloke standing for the 'Not the Labour Party' party, I think in S Belfast, who clearly has yet to learn that no-one ever, ever, ever gets elected wearing a round necked t shirt.

On the Belmont road a poster of Neil Wilson on a lamppost near a bus shelter with an advert containing a cartoon llama - indistinguishable.

And on TV from Foyle - Eammon McCann giving an object lesson in how to sneer and look superior while clearly being held upright by a strategically placed brush shaft.

Sorry I've no pics, if someone tells me how to, I'll illustrate the above!
Pretty sure the young Conservative candidate for East Belfast had a troubled up-brining in some boarding school… As for the SDLP lady I think someone has done her a disservice on Photo Shop as the lip stick is more in keeping with a brothel.

For me the early leader in the original question is Little Pengelly to give her her full title. To balance things out I have written to Michelle O'Neill and asked for a recording as I think she has got the perfect voice for some seedy 0880 number.. She could talk farming to me all day and I still wouldn't understand a word she says a bit like having a beer with Rooster in the Scoop.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
Can't see their vote holding up without Anna Lo.
Don't like Lo's stance on flegs.. it is OK for her sons to be arrested on a fleg waving protest but not decent hard working misunderstood chaps from East Belfast whose only crime is/was loyalty..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:(ask somebody over fifty. Anybody remember the name of the other big catalogue back in the day?).
The Boo Radleys wrote:1970s - Freeman's Catalogue....
Don't forget GUS .....Great Universal Stores :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:and the winner is......

images.jpg
:puker:
Naughty step ..... NOW!!!!
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
solidarity wrote:(ask somebody over fifty. Anybody remember the name of the other big catalogue back in the day?).
Marshall Ward in our house.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Happy days. My dad had an LP of brass band music recorded by no less an ensemble than the GUS(footwear) Band.