A strange one, can anyone help?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: A strange one, can anyone help?

Post by big mervyn »

I usually use Autoeurope - a broker that provides excellent value for full to full rentals providing you have full excess cover (£36 a year for my renewal).

Tend to end up with Goldcar or Record (the queues at Firefly in Alicante airport are usually horrendous which has always put me off using them).
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My summer flights are both to Alicante Merv but the rental is with Goldcar once anyway, might check the other to make sure it's not Firefly, excellent though their staff were. :thumleft:

By the way, I think my annual excess cover was £29.99 with a company who were dearer last year but I went through a link from Martin Lewis's MSE website with a discount. Maybe worth checking at your renewal.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:My summer flights are both to Alicante Merv but the rental is with Goldcar once anyway, might check the other to make sure it's not Firefly, excellent though their staff were. :thumleft:

By the way, I think my annual excess cover was £29.99 with a company who were dearer last year but I went through a link from Martin Lewis's MSE website with a discount. Maybe worth checking at your renewal.
:thumleft: That extra £6 could buy me a 3 course Chino meal with wine :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:My summer flights are both to Alicante Merv but the rental is with Goldcar once anyway, might check the other to make sure it's not Firefly, excellent though their staff were. :thumleft:

:thumleft: That extra £6 could buy me a 3 course Chino meal with wine :lol:
It could indeed Merv, there is a fabulous Chino in Pilar de la Horadada where I sat with a party of 10, four of us munching down Mongolian leg of Pork which was mighty handlin', a fair bit of wine & a sundry list of drinks & coffees, worked out at around €8 a head, outstanding service and very decent nosh. Been back a couple of times, Reataurante Asia if memory serves.

And I am pleased to advise that having opened the issue up to the universe I have had a result. The reason may be of interest to veterans of my age and older. It used to be that Category A & A1 on the drivers licence referred to cars but at some stage there was a move to have consistency in the EU & A & A1 became motorbikes with B & B1 being cars. My licence was not properly amended at renewal so it appears I may have been driving for 30 years on a motorbike licence.

I suspect it is a bit f good fortune that I have never been responsible for injuring anyone in an accident or doubtless insurers may have slid out of their liability on a technicality and God knows how many cellmates might have attempted to bum me?

All in all, it's turned out as a bit of good fortune that the eagle eyed Firefly rep caught this before I got into some real bother.

I'd suggest anyone who may have done their test in the 1970s or earlier check their licence to be sure thay have not also been wrongly categorised. You're welcome. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Yet another in a growing list of reasons for Brexit.
It's the hope that kills you.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Just ran down in a panic to check mine! Luckily had to get a Swiss licence after one year so all's ok. Whew.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:Just ran down in a panic to check mine! Luckily had to get a Swiss licence after one year so all's ok. Whew.
I'm looking forward to getting my Spanish one before I'm too much older. :D