New Ryanair Routes from Belfast

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

New Ryanair Routes from Belfast

Post by Neill_M »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35709091

Ryanair has announced Berlin and Milan will be among new routes operating from its hub at Belfast International Airport. Neither of the destinations has been served from Northern Ireland for a number of years. Speaking in Belfast, Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary also announced five other European routes would run from Aldergrove later this year. They are Malaga, Alicante, Krakow, Tenerife and Lanzarote.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New Ryanair Routes from Belfast

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hate Michael O'Leary & have never flown on his shyte airline, funny I never intend to either. I'd rather catch a connecting flight than put a penny in that spide's pocket.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Some really useless schedules on that lot, they need better times for flights if they are going to get much business, Aer Lingus from Dublin still for me :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye, I prefer the North Down airport forbye, the wan at the end of Paris Ballacks.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I hate Michael O'Leary & have never flown on his shyte airline, funny I never intend to either. I'd rather catch a connecting flight than put a penny in that spide's pocket.
Flown on his hairy planes a few times when work made the arrangements - what got on my goat was the stupid fanfare they play as the plane touches the runway if it's arrived "on time"* - thankfully it never happened too often so mostly I was spared!

* "On time" meaning something like within 10-15 minutes of the scheduled which was always about 10-15 minutes later than other airlines allowed for similar routes
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Some really useless schedules on that lot, they need better times for flights if they are going to get much business, Aer Lingus from Dublin still for me :thumleft:
Aer Lingus is also my airline of choice. I have paid more to avoid O'Leary's flying charabancs. I find him mildly amusing at times, but he is an obnoxious wee chube. I took considerable pleasure in the failure of his attempt to buy Aer Lingus and corner the cross Irish Sea market.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Never had a problem with Ryanair. Particularly not when paying 2cent to Paris return.

Ryanair has pushed the boundaries. Easyjet would probably have settled for a 'Southwest light' model had they not been pushed by Ryanair. Are Lingus would probably still be operating a traditional model, and we'd all be paying a lot more for our little jaunts to European games.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Great to see the Berlin route open again. Super place to visit. Always takes my breath away.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Good news, Ryanair are a despicable operation but as long as you know that before booking then you can have little complaints.

I'm going to do Krakow this year I think, would like to do Milan and a wee trip back to Berlin too so I'm happy with this.

When does it start? I've read a couple of articles and haven't seen any dates.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Krakow's a good trip Hairy. Word of advice. Leave Auschwitz to the end if you're going. Well worth it but may put a bit of a downer on the rest of the stay if you go earkly.

I'm no big fan of Ryanair, but so far I've never had a delay, and 10 single journeys booked for £25 each is pretty good :thumleft:

Worst thing about flying out of BFS on any airline are the scumbegs on the plane. Shackin!
The passengers on the Dublin flights are much more civilized in my experience. The walk to the Ryanair terminal is a bit of a trek though. :shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have 3 return flights booked this year on Aer Lingus, I may appear odd to some, but I prefer to pay a little more to use a company who merely treat their staff like dirt, rather than like slaves.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HairyJ wrote:Good news, Ryanair are a despicable operation but as long as you know that before booking then you can have little complaints.

I'm going to do Krakow this year I think, would like to do Milan and a wee trip back to Berlin too so I'm happy with this.

Berlin and Milan are September, Krakow November according to their website. Their timetable will not suit everyone - Berlin appears to be Thu, Sun, Tue. Milan - Wed, Sat and Krakow - Tue, Thu, Sun.

Dublin may well still be a better option with more options in terms of days you can fly and cost given they don't have the Air Passenger Duty.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have 3 return flights booked this year on Aer Lingus, I may appear odd to some, but I prefer to pay a little more to use a company who merely treat their staff like dirt, rather than like slaves.
Aer Lingus are good, always find they have a bit more leg room as well than others.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Thanks Mervyn.

I'll be honest - I dunno if I could actually stomach visiting Auschwitz. By the same token, I'd kick myself if I went that far and didn't go see it.

I actually used to fly Ryanair all the time to Liverpool before they pulled out of the City airport. In fairness to them, I had very few problems. I fly easyjet every fortnight minimum from the International though and they have very rarely ever let me down.

HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Neill_M wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Good news, Ryanair are a despicable operation but as long as you know that before booking then you can have little complaints.

Berlin and Milan are September, Krakow November according to their website. Their timetable will not suit everyone - Berlin appears to be Thu, Sun, Tue. Milan - Wed, Sat and Krakow - Tue, Thu, Sun.

Dublin may well still be a better option with more options in terms of days you can fly and cost given they don't have the Air Passenger Duty.
Thanks Neil!

Aye, Dublin might be better if those are the days they fly. It's good to at least have the option now though.