New Ryanair Routes from Belfast

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New Ryanair Routes from Belfast

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Good news, Ryanair are a despicable operation but as long as you know that before booking then you can have little complaints.

I'm going to do Krakow this year I think, would like to do Milan and a wee trip back to Berlin too so I'm happy with this.

When does it start? I've read a couple of articles and haven't seen any dates.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Berlin and Milan are September, Krakow November according to their website. Their timetable will not suit everyone - Berlin appears to be Thu, Sun, Tue. Milan - Wed, Sat and Krakow - Tue, Thu, Sun.

Dublin may well still be a better option with more options in terms of days you can fly and cost given they don't have the Air Passenger Duty.
Looked at the Krakow one and you arrive there at 23:45, wtf it would be 1am before you got into your hotel
Mind you it could be useful as you could go out Easyjet which arrives around lunchtime and come home on the Ryanair flight which leaves Krakow in the evening and get an extra half a day compared to Easyjet :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Mix and match is one of the benefits of choice Rooster. You do pay a bit more for luggage and taxes though.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Are Ryanair's single prices the same as in a 'return' booking. IIRC Easyjet can charge significantly more for a one-way trip.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Mix and match is one of the benefits of choice Rooster. You do pay a bit more for luggage and taxes though.
Yes Merv, I don't want to appear that money doesn't matter, for with my meagre stipend it certainly does, but clearly there is value in other things than the rock bottom price, quite apart from any ethical considerations.
Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have 3 return flights booked this year on Aer Lingus, I may appear odd to some, but I prefer to pay a little more to use a company who merely treat their staff like dirt, rather than like slaves.
Aer Lingus are good, always find they have a bit more leg room as well than others.
Yes, there is a small degree of comfort in choosing Air Fungus, I used to use Jet2 for trips to my Spanish Hovel but they are massively annoying with their blaring screams to buy duty free, haven;t used them in 3 years now. There is also the fact that as a gay man, I can also take my man-bag in addition to my cabin luggage on Aer Lingus, how very egalitarian of them. My wife's bag used to bulge at the seams carrying my stuff as well as hers. Means I can stick my tablet, passports tickets & flight stuff in the man-beg and not rummage through the wee case or impose on the old fork & knife.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Are Ryanair's single prices the same as in a 'return' booking. IIRC Easyjet can charge significantly more for a one-way trip.
Price it as a return then dump the leg you don't want as soon as you get the price, consider your pocket helped BR :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Mix and match is one of the benefits of choice Rooster. You do pay a bit more for luggage and taxes though.
Yes Merv, I don't want to appear that money doesn't matter, for with my meagre stipend it certainly does, but clearly there is value in other things than the rock bottom price, quite apart from any ethical considerations.
Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have 3 return flights booked this year on Aer Lingus, I may appear odd to some, but I prefer to pay a little more to use a company who merely treat their staff like dirt, rather than like slaves.
Aer Lingus are good, always find they have a bit more leg room as well than others.
Yes, there is a small degree of comfort in choosing Air Fungus, I used to use Jet2 for trips to my Spanish Hovel but they are massively annoying with their blaring screams to buy duty free, haven;t used them in 3 years now. There is also the fact that as a gay man, I can also take my man-bag in addition to my cabin luggage on Aer Lingus, how very egalitarian of them. My wife's bag used to bulge at the seams carrying my stuff as well as hers. Means I can stick my tablet, passports tickets & flight stuff in the man-beg and not rummage through the wee case or impose on the old fork & knife.
Anyone who thinks Ryanair is bad has never flown with Jet2, plastic seats with a thin cloth cover, and constant sales pitch from start to finish, only way to travel with them is with a noise cancelling headset playing rock as rock should be played, loudly, :D drawback is after a 3 hour flight your head seems like it has been at a couple of concerts
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:Are Ryanair's single prices the same as in a 'return' booking. IIRC Easyjet can charge significantly more for a one-way trip.
Price it as a return then dump the leg you don't want as soon as you get the price, consider your pocket helped BR :D
The outbound price increases when you take the return leg out of your schedule though.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
The outbound price increases when you take the return leg out of your schedule though.
With Easyjet the booking fee is in the first flight on the list and it moves to the other flight when you dump one of them, so if you dump the second flight the price actually stays the same, with Ryanair the price you see is the same whether it is one way or return
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote: with Ryanair the price you see is the same whether it is one way or return
That's what I couldn't mind. Ta.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I hear the Brexit campaign got a boost when the little tosser told us we are all morons and shouldn't even consider leaving.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Was on an Easyjet flight from Belfast to Alicante last night. Some sort of overbooking prob so they gave us 600 yo-yos to fly to Bristol, stay in a 4* hotel and on to Spain this morning. Result :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Was on an Easyjet flight from Belfast to Alicante last night. Some sort of overbooking prob so they gave us 600 yo-yos to fly to Bristol, stay in a 4* hotel and on to Spain this morning. Result :thumleft:
Result.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Used to be Merv that they generally overbooked flights due to the amount of people who fail to turn up. Not sure if still the case.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ya fecking loony lefty, always thinking about others rather than yourself. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Worst thing about flying out of BFS on any airline are the scumbegs on the plane. Shackin!
The passengers on the Dublin flights are much more civilized in my experience. The walk to the Ryanair terminal is a bit of a trek though. :shock:
Jaynee. When Skanger central is seen as civilised that can't be good.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.